Author Topic: I love HD and I love my Hd setup however....  (Read 413 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: I love HD and I love my Hd setup however....
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 11:58:09 PM »
i hooked up my HD cable box to my PC via Firewire it let me watch and record HD and SD content right to my hard drive

and to think the cable company wanted to charge me more per month to get a DVR box fuck that glad i just settled for the regular HD box

i'm looking to get a nice sized wide screen HD TV/ Monitor soon in the 26"-42" range

thinking maybe panasonic or samsung i always see them on sale at Frys

what yall think?

i tired hooking up my computer to my big screen. i get the start up screen (the windows xp logo and all those numbers and shit) but it goes black after that.  wtf is up with that?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 08:44:01 AM »
^ are u using 2 screens or just one?

Matty

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 05:15:01 PM »
panasonic lcd tvs are vastly superior to samsungs imo, especially on processing standard definition...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 10:49:35 PM »
^ are u using 2 screens or just one?

1... at a time

well i have a regular comp monitor but i wanted to see what it looked like if i hooked up my big screen through the vga port, so i unplugged the monitor is and hooked up the tv....got the start up screens but when it gets to the desktop it goes black.

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 10:51:09 AM »
read up on ur tv's specs and see what is the optimal display resolution some times it's 1024x768 but i varies so try seting the resoulution first then swtiching the montior with the tv

Matty

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »
check your refresh rate. if you normally run 75hz or higher then that'll be why. change the pc display settings to 60hz and a resolution like 1360x768 (which is closest to most hdtvs native res, except 1080p and plasma displays) then plug it in the vga in on the hdtv. might need to tinker in the tv settings to tell it its a wxga as opposed to xga pc signal to get the proper quality...

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 06:06:53 PM »
once you go HD you will never go back to that 480 crap and thats the truth.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 09:39:54 PM »
that crap was the shit for many decades, have some respect ^^^

i'm not an expert but i was watching the tvs in the store the other day and one particular sony model struck me, the image was so much more fluid than anything i had ever seen, you could see the difference with the other models aside. Personnaly i own a 32" sharp aquos lcd but i only play xbox 360 on it

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 11:25:43 PM »
The only thing that sucks is Non-HD stuff on a  HDTV looks pretty bad.  When I watch a HD channel from Direct Tv or a Hd Dvd or Blu-Ray the picture is incredible and so amazing, but when I watch a channel that is not hd or certain dvds that arent in High Definition it looks bad. 

I have talked to alot of people and they said this is just the way it is,  Im not complaining cause the HD stuff is out of this world but it just sucks cause Pacer and Kings games arent in hd so the games look pretty shitty as does some of my King of Queens and Curb Your Enthusiam dvds aswell.

Gotta have LArry talkin trash to handicaps nad getting in trouble with black people in Hd there is no other way.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 01:39:48 AM »
....just got an HDTV antenna , shit makes the fuzzy local channels HD , bad aassssssss.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 01:43:04 AM »
check your refresh rate. if you normally run 75hz or higher then that'll be why. change the pc display settings to 60hz and a resolution like 1360x768 (which is closest to most hdtvs native res, except 1080p and plasma displays) then plug it in the vga in on the hdtv. might need to tinker in the tv settings to tell it its a wxga as opposed to xga pc signal to get the proper quality...

how do i check refresh rate?

Matty

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 03:32:04 AM »
right click on your desktop and go to properties to bring up display properties. go across to settings at the end. then press the advanced button. then go the monitor tab to see what the refresh rate is set to. if its not 60hz then that is why your hdtv goes black after the startup screen. also your display resolution will need to be a suitable resolution for it (1360x768 is the right one for most hdtvs). peace.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 02:25:59 PM »
it's at 60, but i'll fuck wit it when i get out of school .

WC Iz Active

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 09:56:45 PM »
once you go HD you will never go back to that 480 crap and thats the truth.

so fuckin true.