Author Topic: Dialogue of the day  (Read 389 times)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

Re: Dialogue of the day
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2008, 08:27:21 PM »
for the record, it's cool that you like x-men. check out some grant morrison or joss whedon written x-men. truly brilliant shit.

by the way, do you know who  Merle Haggard is?

-T
me nah i dont know who that is. but i like anything with x-men favorite character is gambet, thought he was supposed to be in the last one but nope

I it because he can create fire and your tribe needs it?
fire isnt that hard to create jose, you should know that living out in cali in all. next try

Then you need Wolverine to give your children their tribal slashes they get when they become "Men"
i see someone been watchin the history channel

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 08:28:42 PM »
Grant Morrison is a fantastic writer in general. I'd recommend his "The Invisibles"(1996-2000) (everything you ever needed to know about the only revolution there has ever been) and New X-Men(2001-2004).

His artistic collaborators on Invisibles are Chris Weston, Phil Jimenez, Jill Thompson, and many more.

His artistic collaborators on New X-Men were Frank Quitely, Phil Jimenez, Chris Bachalo, Ethan Van Sciver, Leinil Francis Yu and more.

Joss Whedon writes Astonishing X-Men (2005-current) which picks up where Morrison left off. John Cassady, who is mindblowingly good, draws Astonishing X-Men.

Chris Claremont wrote the X-Men for 17 years from the late 70s to the early 90s. His main artistic collaborators on X-Men include Dave Cockrum, John Byrne, Marc Silvestri and Jim Lee(who is a friggin' God).

Morrison's is the most culturally significant (he makes amazing comparisons and commentary to the plight of mutants and minorities in actual human history, creates a mutant counterculture/subculture etc)

Claremont's X-Men is really epic stories in the vein of the 90's cartoon that was on FOX.

Whedon's run is a fun, intelligent, deft combination of the two.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Sparegeez

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 08:29:43 PM »
for the record, it's cool that you like x-men. check out some grant morrison or joss whedon written x-men. truly brilliant shit.

-T
me nah i dont know who that is. but i like anything with x-men favorite character is gambet, thought he was supposed to be in the last one but nope

fire isnt that hard to create jose, you should know that living out in cali in all. next try

Then you need Wolverine to give your children their tribal slashes they get when they become "Men"

No, just my backyard. I got your whole family living in my plantation.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 08:32:45 PM »

-T

No, just my backyard. I got your whole family living in my plantation.
the only plantations out there mexicans work on it.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 08:33:16 PM »
Grant Morrison is a fantastic writer in general. I'd recommend his "The Invisibles"(1996-2000) (everything you ever needed to know about the only revolution there has ever been) and New X-Men(2001-2004).

His artistic collaborators on Invisibles are Chris Weston, Phil Jimenez, Jill Thompson, and many more.

His artistic collaborators on New X-Men were Frank Quitely, Phil Jimenez, Chris Bachalo, Ethan Van Sciver, Leinil Francis Yu and more.

Joss Whedon writes Astonishing X-Men (2005-current) which picks up where Morrison left off. John Cassady, who is mindblowingly good, draws Astonishing X-Men.

Chris Claremont wrote the X-Men for 17 years from the late 70s to the early 90s. His main artistic collaborators on X-Men include Dave Cockrum, John Byrne, Marc Silvestri and Jim Lee(who is a friggin' God).

Morrison's is the most culturally significant (he makes amazing comparisons and commentary to the plight of mutants and minorities in actual human history, creates a mutant counterculture/subculture etc)

Claremont's X-Men is really epic stories in the vein of the 90's cartoon that was on FOX.

Whedon's run is a fun, intelligent, deft combination of the two.

-T
hmm interesting thats peace, i'll check that out

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 10:00:15 PM »

-T

BUT GAMBIT IS WHITE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2008, 10:04:27 PM »
comics/cartoons at the end of they day that stuff doesnt matter cuz its cartoon but when we get back in reality all that shit matters
thats just my favorite in x-men but my all time favorite comic hero/character is spawn. I be feeling like spawn and hes Black happy

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 10:07:04 PM by Job (from the bible) the devil cant fade me »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 12:27:07 AM »
i don't think comics matter any less than live action entertainment like TV shows and movies.

in fact I think good comics in general is better than good TV and good movies.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Elevz

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 05:24:18 AM »
So what's today's dialogue of the day? :P

Al Bundy

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 06:15:19 AM »

-T

LMFAO