Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 3510 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Breaking Bad (The best show on tv)
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2009, 09:18:24 AM »
Uhh, what the fuck?  In a single episode, Breaking Bad has turned into a JJ Abrams type of show.  Not feeling it!

How so? I really liked it. The whole thing was intense. I have to watch the whole season again now. I love how it all tied together. The whole time I was thinking the bear was somehow foreshadowing a drug war and a murder.

What we got instead was the full capacity of what Walt's actions have caused. All he wanted to do was make sure his family was taken care of when he died from cancer and instead he gets to live but everyone else's life is fucked up. Like I said I have to watch it again to really get it but what I saw so far was brilliant.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2009, 11:34:08 AM »
Uhh, what the fuck?  In a single episode, Breaking Bad has turned into a JJ Abrams type of show.  Not feeling it!

How so? I really liked it. The whole thing was intense. I have to watch the whole season again now. I love how it all tied together. The whole time I was thinking the bear was somehow foreshadowing a drug war and a murder.

What we got instead was the full capacity of what Walt's actions have caused. All he wanted to do was make sure his family was taken care of when he died from cancer and instead he gets to live but everyone else's life is fucked up. Like I said I have to watch it again to really get it but what I saw so far was brilliant.

I understand the point, I just found it to be unnecessary the way it was done.  It was just over the top.  Jane's death and Walt realizing that the guy he talked to in a bar was Jane's dad would have made that point and have it to be a bit more realistic.  It would have been a perfect 10/10 score, if they would have left out all of the black and white scenes throughout the series plus the ending and leave it with Skyler leaving Walt.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2009, 01:34:38 PM »

I understand the point, I just found it to be unnecessary the way it was done.  It was just over the top.  Jane's death and Walt realizing that the guy he talked to in a bar was Jane's dad would have made that point and have it to be a bit more realistic.  It would have been a perfect 10/10 score, if they would have left out all of the black and white scenes throughout the series plus the ending and leave it with Skyler leaving Walt.

To me it worked a lot better the way it was, with the black and white scenes. The only part I didn't like was how he just randomly bumped into Jane's dad in the bar in the first place. The explosion,l the teddy bear, everything else was awesome. And I'm almost positivce it's a lot deeper than the first viewing. I'll tell you what I think again after I watch it all a second time.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2009, 02:16:57 PM »

To me it worked a lot better the way it was, with the black and white scenes. The only part I didn't like was how he just randomly bumped into Jane's dad in the bar in the first place. The explosion,l the teddy bear, everything else was awesome. And I'm almost positivce it's a lot deeper than the first viewing. I'll tell you what I think again after I watch it all a second time.

Walt and Jane's dad randomly meeting is less of a coincidence then debris falling on Walt's house as a result of an error caused by Jane's dad.  That's my problem with it, I don't mind these little coincidences but the larger ones are a bit meh.  It's something that I see on other TV shows.  I'm not not going to lie, it's all cleverly done but for the overall story it doesn't fit for me.  The Episode name that reveals the final scene is also clever, "737" "Down" "Over" "ABQ", and these were the episodes that had the black and white scenes.  It's clever and everything, and also completely unexpected but I just don't see how it fits in the Breaking Bad universe the writers have created. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2009, 03:12:20 PM »

Walt and Jane's dad randomly meeting is less of a coincidence then debris falling on Walt's house as a result of an error caused by Jane's dad.  That's my problem with it, I don't mind these little coincidences but the larger ones are a bit meh.  It's something that I see on other TV shows.  I'm not not going to lie, it's all cleverly done but for the overall story it doesn't fit for me.  The Episode name that reveals the final scene is also clever, "737" "Down" "Over" "ABQ", and these were the episodes that had the black and white scenes.  It's clever and everything, and also completely unexpected but I just don't see how it fits in the Breaking Bad universe the writers have created. 

I didn't find it any less believable than a high school chemistry teacher walking into a top level drug dealer's base with an explosive rock and walking away unharmed. The show has already suspended disbelief a few times. It was a small co-incidence that was set up alll season and it's meant to be a deeper symbol. You're making it sound like Crash the movie. This isn't a docudrama that's supposed to show the real life stories of the drug world. it's a charater study and with a character study you are allowed some artistic license.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2009, 03:46:03 PM »
It's trying to be way too artistic with the symbolism.  Throughout the series they have done a nice job with these double meanings, parallels, symbols etc.  My favorite is the broken beer bottles in Hank's brewery in the "Breakage" episode.  It's the same episode where Hank starts having panic attacks.  I don't think it's a small coincidence, but that's where we disagree on. 

I'll still be eagerly waiting Season 3 though. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2009, 08:47:29 PM »
It's trying to be way too artistic with the symbolism.  Throughout the series they have done a nice job with these double meanings, parallels, symbols etc.  My favorite is the broken beer bottles in Hank's brewery in the "Breakage" episode.  It's the same episode where Hank starts having panic attacks.  I don't think it's a small coincidence, but that's where we disagree on. 

I'll still be eagerly waiting Season 3 though. 

That's my point. Stuff like this has happened throughout the two seasons. If I go back look through again I'll probably find a lot more. It's not a small co-incedince at all. I'm not trying to justify it as something very probable. I'm trying to show that a lot of what happens in the show is very improbable. I'm just saying it's not crazy next to impossible or completely stupid like Crash.

It's not The Wire (and even that show had it's ? moments). After finishing season 2 of Breaking Bad and just recently finishing season 2 of Mad Men I'm sticking with Mad Men as the best season of TV I've seen. Midway through Breaking Bad season 2 I was debating it and it's not because of the finale that I think otherwise.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Breaking Bad
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2010, 09:25:21 PM »
so in another thread where we were discussing the best shows on TV, someone brought up Breaking Bad and i said i had never seen it.  i saw a couple ads for it here and there, i think, but never paid it any attention.

when a couple people said i should watch it cause i was missing out, well, i did.  haha

and all i gotta say is FUCK ME!!!!!!!!  what a GREAT show!!  i would never expect hal from malcom in the middle to play such a dark, raw, and BADD ASS character.  simply fucking brilliant.  ive already watched the entire series twice! :bandit:

i cant fucking wait till season 3 starts up.  shits going to be insane.

i really liked how they did the pool/teddy bear scenes throughout the second season.......that shit flipped me out.  i was thinking it was an explosion, but the title of those episodes clearly tell you what happened.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2010, 10:08:51 PM »
Told you so.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2010, 10:16:40 PM »

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2010, 10:23:31 PM »
Damn I have never heard about this show before.  I will check it out asap!

DIP DIP SET SET

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2010, 10:27:20 PM »

i slept on this show for two entire seasons!! :stupid: 

you wont regret it man. its a lot like the wire in a sense.  its all about the story and character development. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2010, 10:33:35 PM »

Serious? You are missing out!

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2010, 12:44:57 AM »
Damn I tried to get season 1 on netflix but they dont have it.  The fuck?

DIP DIP SET SET

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2010, 12:48:09 AM »
Damn I tried to get season 1 on netflix but they dont have it.  The fuck?

I just checked and you're right, what the fuck lol.  I checked out Season 1 via Netflix, it will be out on BluRay in march though....both seasons