Author Topic: How old are you guys? Do you not remember when Em put out classics?  (Read 564 times)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Re: How old are you guys? Do you not remember when Em put out classics?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2008, 09:44:14 AM »
I was in my earlier teens when the SSLP and the MMLP came out and I do remember those were great albums. I don't know why people keep hating on The Eminem Show, most of it was pretty good IMO...the shit that came after that is forgettable, but I think we're all agreeing there
co-sign (I wasn't in my early teens, lot younger than that, but I agree with everything else)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

VxTheGeneral

• 'G'
  • Picture Of Me, At Night
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2008, 03:16:01 AM »
just listen to the eminem show...cant understand why people find that a weak album...its a classic to mee...same league as 2pac en biggie's albums

Sikotic™

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2008, 04:12:31 AM »
Fuck him. You're only as good as your last verse. Although I do listen to his classics from the 20th century.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Elevz

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2008, 06:11:16 AM »
No doubt, Eminem carries the burden of genius.  He held such a high standard from 98 to 2003 that he never released a wack song during those years, which is actually phenomenal when you think about it.  The only other rapper that can accomplish that is 2pac.....  Every other rapper comes out with wack joint after wack joint but we just skip past it and focus on their great songs and great albums.

A genius is measured, not by the highest of his highs and his abilities, but by the lowest of his lows and his flaws? That's a depraved mindstate, and you should know it. It's a shame that's being overshadowed by the ridiculousness of a certain statement about 2Pac's legacy.

Elevz

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2008, 06:11:56 AM »
You're only as good as your last verse.

Nice quotable!