Author Topic: Babe ruth  (Read 779 times)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

Re: Babe ruth
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2008, 07:30:24 PM »
^^^ your recycling again......... really pathetic......  go back and research where we had this discussion. u guys are some salty ass people

Sparegeez

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2008, 07:31:27 PM »
^^^ your recycling again......... really pathetic......  go back and research where we had this discussion. u guys are some salty ass people

He's asking you a question that you refuse to answer.

OchoCinco

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2008, 08:29:13 PM »
ur sad...if this is some kind of act JOB is weak....and if ur serious about all the shit that you write....you really need to grow up

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2008, 08:36:26 PM »
ur sad...if this is some kind of act JOB is weak....and if ur serious about all the shit that you write....you really need to grow up

nigga tell me whats shit about the topics i drop??? i want to see some references , you people all u can say is im racist grow up----- its getting tired because from the shit i see on this board , its a bunch of goofy ass people. a lot of ya niggas need to grow up. everything that ive said has to do with reality if u cant take it  just kill yourself because its life pale boy

WC Iz Active

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2008, 08:39:25 PM »
Mays>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ruth

herpes

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2008, 08:56:39 PM »
Mays>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ruth

Not even close

Ruth all day everyday >>>> Mays.... Babe wishes he could of played in the some of the parks Willie did.  Babe wishes he had some of the same rules Mays had.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2008, 09:17:36 PM »
Love Ruth, Mays, Gibson ect...
But Ruth's Homerun Numbers would Have been way higher than 714 Had he not Also Been
an equal As great pitcher as hitter during The Start of his career with The Red Sox.
that's a-lot of AB's That Ruth Missed out on.

Once he became a regular Player, he set the Homerun record for the time.
(You can't compare Era's, But when You Think About Babe's Dominance in terms of His Era... :o )

Josh Gibson's Number's are also jaw dropping...
But The Argument goes, Could Gibson Have Hit The White Pitchers?
Could Ruth Have Hit The Negro League Pitchers?
With the same Success?

That's what Legends are made of..
We will never Know.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2008, 09:38:08 PM »
It would be interesting to know how many Black players would have had a big impact had they been allowed to play. A lot of great players missed out.

We'll never know though. That's like trying to wonder the kind of overall career that Shoe-Less Joe Jackson would have had, if he hadn't been banished.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2008, 10:41:29 AM »
Love Ruth, Mays, Gibson ect...
But Ruth's Homerun Numbers would Have been way higher than 714 Had he not Also Been
an equal As great pitcher as hitter during The Start of his career with The Red Sox.
that's a-lot of AB's That Ruth Missed out on.

Once he became a regular Player, he set the Homerun record for the time.
(You can't compare Era's, But when You Think About Babe's Dominance in terms of His Era... :o )

Josh Gibson's Number's are also jaw dropping...
But The Argument goes, Could Gibson Have Hit The White Pitchers?
Could Ruth Have Hit The Negro League Pitchers?
With the same Success?

That's what Legends are made of..
We will never Know.

The difference with Ruth and Gibson is that the MLB is a lot easier to judge. The Negro leagues were a lot wilder in the teams they played and the stats they kept. A lot of great fielders, runners, and hitters came from the negro leagues after the door was open but how many great pitchers really? The pitcher isn't the QB of baseball in most common fan's eyes so I don't buy that the league to this day purposely kept them out. Bob Gibson was there ad shining. White pitchers were dominant in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s, and even now. Why? I don't know. I tend to think pitching was more highlighted in the white baseball communities but I can't back that up. I assume it's the same reason why white RBs aren't all that great compared to blacks as a whole. There is a greater RB culture in the black football community.