Author Topic: Viva La White Girl (How can radio play this record ? )  (Read 334 times)

Elano

Viva La White Girl (How can radio play this record ? )
« on: February 17, 2008, 04:33:08 AM »
How can radio play a record that is celebrating the use of a substance that has been killing people for years?  Gym Class Heroes' Viva La White Girl featuring Lil Wayne is not a salute to the kind of women Uncle Ruckus lusts after.  It is a not so subliminal commercial for the use of cocaine.  With lyrics like "As the white stallion bucks and kicks me in my nose until my face bust" and "As I stare in this mirror and powder my face up...".  I don't understand how people can think it's anything else.  White Stallion is slang for cocaine.  Back in the day, people would say you were "riding the white horse" when you where high off the substance.  "Kick me in my nose until my face bust" is referencing the common bleeding of the nose that happens when your on cocaine.  "Stare in the mirror and powder my face up?" Many people commonly sniff cocaine off of a mirror.  "Take your razor, break down my line." "Put your nose to the speaker."  "Now breathe in, breathe in."  This is blatantly telling people to use your razor to break down a line of cocaine and sniff it up your nostrils.  Don't let the "put you nose to the speaker" make you think they are referring to their music.  This song is about cocaine people!  "Clean up your nose, and face the crowd. Then kiss your mirror cause we're all stars now." "Isn't it fun how music makes your lips numb?"  It should be, "Isn't it fun how cocaine makes your lips numb?"  Yes, if you ever rub coke on your gums or lips, it will make it numb.  This is a common test performed by drug dealers who want to see if their product is worth a damn.  "We'll get high and hide."  "We all lust to the glamorous white girl so fine."  This song disgusts me.  It so blatantly promotes the use of cocaine that it might as well be titled, "Just Say Yes."  Our youth are being psychologically programmed to think behavior like this is cool.  Salute to Bun B who, in light of the death of Pimp C says he will not promote the use of Sizzurp on his new album.  That was a wise decision seeing as though an accidental overdose of promethazine and codeine, commonly used in Sizzurp is what killed Pimp C.  I would like to leave you with this question.  How much longer are we going to promote substances that we know are killing our people?

Post your thoughts!

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Viva La White Girl (How can radio play this record ? )
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 04:38:34 AM »
do radio listeners actually listen to lyrics? besides the hook of course...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 08:20:07 AM »
There has been so many songs over the years on radio that has promoted drug use.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 01:52:08 PM »
I actually like this song.
My Future Wife:

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 03:08:29 PM »
no disrespect, but when you were breaking down the meanings  of the lyrics it reminded me of this:

Joe Bonanno

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 06:12:23 PM »
I am outraged.

D~Nice

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 06:22:40 PM »
To quote the great author Dave Chappelle

Because white people don't know what it means yet.  ;D

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 12:55:25 AM »
^^
Yep yep.

SGV

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 09:04:53 AM »
LMAO @ Worrying about this song being played when one of the songs I hear most on the radio is "I Got 5 On It."

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 09:21:51 AM »
Im writing congress about this bullshit...Ive got kids and they dont need to hear this shit.

jk

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 02:34:25 PM »
the song is great.......so is coke

:-X did i just say that?

Euro-Trash

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 03:54:35 PM »
cocaine might actually make this shit decent sounding
[

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 02:34:22 PM »
I haven't heard this on the radio, but it's not the first time a song about drug use has got radio play and won't be the last. If you listen to most songs on the radio, there is some sort of bullshit lines about being a dealer or killing people, so I don't see why this one gets singled out. It's actually a good song too.
I got a bird's eye view

Elano

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 02:35:43 PM »
cocaine might actually make this shit decent sounding
:D ;D

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »
Relax, negros.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE