Author Topic: "Kobe has better basketball skills than Jordan had" -Phil Jackson  (Read 3687 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: "Kobe has better basketball skills than Jordan had" -Phil Jackson
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 10:08:59 AM »
Phil Jackson, Does it Again.
The Zen Master Makes Them Speak....

Bottomline Different Players, Vs. A Different Era.
THo IMO Jordan Was An Era ahead of His.

MJ Was Built To Play in Today's NBA.
And His Play Spawned A Kobe.
(Just Like A Dr. J Spawed A ....ect)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 10:10:35 AM by Hatesrats™ »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 10:39:47 AM »
Nobody knows both players strengths and weaknesses better than Phil.
Jordan had the heart of a warrior, and the will to back it up.

Jordan had the perfect pieces around him every year. That nigga would be 1-n-done too if he was expected to carry Smush Parker, Luke Walton, and Kwame Brown over the Phoenix Suns led by their back-to-back MVP point guard.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 10:43:31 AM »
^^What an unexpected response from Hack Wilson. ::)

Since you're the expert on this, what do results say? My results say that you're a major Laker hater. Good job.

No Kobe=No rings.
No Shaq=No rings.
No Jordan=No rings.
No Pippen=No rings.

Now say something worthwhile.

michael jordan = 6 rings as the teams best player

shaq = 3 rings as his teams best player

kobe = zero

Kobe was the best player on the team that lost to Detroit though, he can take satisfaction in that right?

Wrong...Kobe was arguably the better player by the time the '01 and '02 run came along.

2000-01 regular season / playoffs
shaq 28.7 ppg 12.7 rpg 2.8 bpg / 30.4 15.4 2.4
kobe 28.5 ppg 5.9 rpg 5.0 apg / 29.4 7.3 6.1

2001=02 regualr season / playoffs
shaq 27.2 ppg 10.7 rpg 2.0 bpg / 28.5 12.6 2.5
kobe 25.2 ppg 5.5 rpg 5.5 apg / 26.6 5.8 4.6

2002-03 regular season / playoffs
shaq 27.5 ppg 11.1 rpg 2.4 bpg / 27.0 14.8 2.8
kobe 30.0 ppg 6.9 rpg 5.9 apg / 32.1 5.1 5.2

Shaq was still dominating,  his playoff production didn't go down until 2003-04.

now look, i respect Kobe and even will admit that he's the best talent in the game, and he's  better than Lebron (at this point). 

but Kobe is not Michael Jordan as a complete player and probably never will be.  It will take building his own dyansty to do that.  He's having a great year and the LAkers are playing amazing this year, but I say San Antonio is the best until sent home in the summer.

The fact that Shaq demanded more touches doesn't mean he was the best player on those teams. It's arguable, but still, Jordan didn't even win a ring until he was Kobe's current age...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 10:44:34 AM »

And Kobe somehow doesn't?...LOL.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 10:45:43 AM »

Yeah, but as the dudes coach currently, he's not gonna down Kobe in anyway. He's gonna build him up.

Jordan was and probably always will be better than Kobe in everyway. Jordan was the dominating player on his team. He didn't need another dominating player on his team to win.

Rookie Season 84-85 (Rookie of the Year):

MP    FG% TRB AST STL BLK PTS
38.3 .515  6.5  5.9  2.4  0.8 28.2

First MVP Season 87-88 (MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, All NBA 1st Team, All NBA Defensive Team)

40.4 .535  5.5  5.9  3.2 1.6  35.0

5th MVP Season 97-98 (All Defensive, All NBA, AND his 6th Finals MVP. 5 MVP Seasons in 9 Seasons of Play, shit, barely even 8 1/4 seasons).

38.8 .465   5.8 3.5  1.7  0.5 28.7

Kobe 00-01 (All Defensive 2nd and All NBA 2nd)

40.9 .464  5.9  5.0  1.7  0.6 28.5

Kobe 05-06 (All Defensive 1st and All NBA 1st)

41.0 .450   5.3 4.5  1.8  0.4 35.4

That may be so... I don't know Phil's motives... but logistically speaking, there is no better person than the coach of both stars to speak on the matter. A statement will be taken more seriously by more people "after" he's done coaching.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »

Yeah, but as the dudes coach currently, he's not gonna down Kobe in anyway. He's gonna build him up.

Jordan was and probably always will be better than Kobe in everyway. Jordan was the dominating player on his team. He didn't need another dominating player on his team to win.

Rookie Season 84-85 (Rookie of the Year):

38.3 .515  6.5  5.9  2.4  0.8 28.2

First MVP Season 87-88 (MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, All NBA 1st Team, All NBA Defensive Team)

40.4 .535  5.5  5.9  3.2 1.6  35.0

5th MVP Season 97-98 (All Defensive, All NBA, AND his 6th Finals MVP. 5 MVP Seasons in 9 Seasons of Play, shit, barely even 8 1/4 seasons).

38.8 .465   5.8 3.5  1.7  0.5 28.7

Kobe 00-01 (All Defensive 2nd and All NBA 2nd)

40.9 .464  5.9  5.0  1.7  0.6 28.5

Kobe 05-06 (All Defensive 1st and All NBA 1st)

41.0 .450   5.3 4.5  1.8  0.4 35.4

Why would Phil go out of his way to make a comment like that? As if Kobe really needs this for some extra motivation...LOL. Steve Kerr said the same thing, and he was a teammate of Jordan's for many years. What excuse do you have for that one? Only an clueless moron would say Jordan was better "in every way"...that's not even debatable. Kobe has a way better shot than Jordan ever had. Jordan had the luxury of having contending teams built around him, which helped make his resume look nice. But who's to say Kobe wouldn't have won 8 straight rings with those teams? I definitely think Kobe woulda' done it, considering he wouldn't have retired in '94 like Jordan. And yea...Jordan DID need another dominant player on his team to win, it just so happened that he wasn't as offensively dominant as Shaq or even Gasol, which worked out perfect for Jordan's numbers. Notice how Kobe's numbers were closer to Jordan's numbers these past 2 seasons ('05-'06 and '06-'07), yet he's considered a better player THIS season. Numbers don't mean shit when it comes to measuring greatness, especially when you're comparing different eras and circumstances...PeACe

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 11:13:13 AM »

Jordan had the perfect pieces around him every year. That nigga would be 1-n-done too if he was expected to carry Smush Parker, Luke Walton, and Kwame Brown over the Phoenix Suns led by their back-to-back MVP point guard.

perfect peices?

dennis rodman (headcase freak)
scottie pippen (probably not considered a top 50 alltime player without MJ)
tony kukoc (made more than Pip at one point didnt he?)
steve kerr (well, he can shoot 3's...)
luke longly
horace grant (the original goggle eyes)

Kobe had SHAQ!! the nigga had Derek Fischer and Big Shot Bobby Horry.

one year he had Karl Malone and Gary PAyton, who cares if it was past their primes MJ never had anyone of that callibor around him
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 11:18:50 AM by Hack Wilson »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 11:20:00 AM »

perfect peices?

luke longly

one year he had Karl Malone and Gary PAyton

You're arguing that those weren't the perfect pieces and great complimentary players? You're dissing Pippen, Rodman, and Grant? MJ never had anyone of the same caliber as Gary Payton and Karl Malone? LMAO. PLEASE. STOP. NOW.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 11:27:21 AM »

perfect peices?

luke longly

You're arguing that those weren't the perfect pieces and great complimentary players? You're dissing Pippen, Rodman, and Grant? MJ never had anyone of the same caliber as Gary Payton and Karl Malone? LMAO. PLEASE. STOP. NOW.

no, MJ never had someone like Gary Payton or Karl Malone.  Please, prove me wrong.
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2008, 11:29:21 AM »
perfect peices?

luke longly

one year he had Karl Malone and Gary PAyton, who cares if it was past their primes MJ never had anyone of that callibor around him
So your saying Pippen, Rodman,  Kukoc, Kerr and Grant all playing in their primes can't match up against Malone (40 years old), Payton (35 years old), and Shaq (32 years old)? LOL.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 11:53:47 AM by Ted(dy) »

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 11:31:08 AM »

perfect peices?

luke longly

Jordan never had GREAT talent around him.  Pippen wouldnt be shit without Jordan.  Rodman can get rebounds thats it, Grant was garbage in my opinion.  Kobe continues to have great talent around him, but Jordan meshed his team together way better then Kobe has in the last few seasons albeit this season.  But this season, i feel that the Lakers have a great squad but have been injury prone.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 11:33:53 AM »
what happened to Kukoc and Pippen after MJ retired?

look at Pippen's career after Chicago, it was a joke.

MJ made those guys who they were.  Without him they were shit.

atleast Malone, Payton and Shaq were all stars on their own without Kobe.

Rodman was a rebound monster but what else could he do?  get 5 points a game and miss 41% of his freethrows?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 11:37:18 AM by Hack Wilson »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 11:37:37 AM »

perfect peices?

luke longly

Are you readin this shiet? This dude just shitted on Rodman and Pippen like they were nothing.

Look at their numbers...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/pippesc01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rodmade01.html

Pippen has a career average of 16/6/5/2. Rodman has a career average of 7/13/1. Those aren't average numbers dickhead. Harper and Kukoc put up some damn good all around numbers too.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2008, 11:38:52 AM »
dickhead??

very mature response  8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2008, 11:39:05 AM »

perfect peices?

luke longly

Jordan never had GREAT talent around him.  Pippen wouldnt be shit without Jordan.  Rodman can get rebounds thats it, Grant was garbage in my opinion.  Kobe continues to have great talent around him, but Jordan meshed his team together way better then Kobe has in the last few seasons albeit this season.  But this season, i feel that the Lakers have a great squad but have been injury prone.

LMAO...Pippen wouldn't be shit without Jordan? Is that why he led the Bulls to a 7 game series in the Eastern Semi-Finals when Jordan retired? Make sense, buddy. Rodman could only get rebounds? He couldn't defend the 1-5 like no other? That was just everyones imagination? Grant was garbage? LMAO. STOP. Jordan didn't mesh shit "way better than Kobe", he just never had a starting 5 that consisted of Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Luke Walton.

People...notice how all the arguments that are anti-Kobe are total bullshit, while the pro-Kobe arguments actually make sense.