Author Topic: "Kobe has better basketball skills than Jordan had" -Phil Jackson  (Read 3689 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: "Kobe has better basketball skills than Jordan had" -Phil Jackson
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2008, 11:40:42 AM »
what happened to Kukoc and Pippen after MJ retired?

look at Pippen's career after Chicago, it was a joke.

MJ made those guys who they were.  Without him they were shit.

atleast Malone, Payton and Shaq were all stars on their own without Kobe.

Rodman was a rebound monster but what else could he do?  get 5 points a game and miss 41% of his freethrows?

LMAO...Pippen wasn't a star without Jordan? He never led the Bulls to the Eastern Semis? He wasn't considered the 2nd best player in the league behind Jordan at one point? He didn't define the point forward? KILL YOURSELF.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2008, 11:41:47 AM »
Nobody knows both players strengths and weaknesses better than Phil.
Jordan had the heart of a warrior, and the will to back it up.

Jordan had the perfect pieces around him every year. That nigga would be 1-n-done too if he was expected to carry Smush Parker, Luke Walton, and Kwame Brown over the Phoenix Suns led by their back-to-back MVP point guard.

perfect peices?

dennis rodman (headcase freak)
scottie pippen (probably not considered a top 50 alltime player without MJ)
tony kukoc (made more than Pip at one point didnt he?)
steve kerr (well, he can shoot 3's...)
luke longly
horace grant (the original goggle eyes)

Kobe had SHAQ!! the nigga had Derek Fischer and Big Shot Bobby Horry.

one year he had Karl Malone and Gary PAyton

You're arguing that those weren't the perfect pieces and great complimentary players? You're dissing Pippen, Rodman, and Grant? MJ never had anyone of the same caliber as Gary Payton and Karl Malone? LMAO. PLEASE. STOP. NOW.

Are you readin this shiet?

Yes, and I can't stop laughing... :laugh:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2008, 11:43:31 AM »

So your saying Pippen, Rodman,  Kukoc, Kerr and Grant all playing in their primes can't match up against Malone (40 years old), Payton (35 years old), and Shaq (32 years old)? LOL.

I'm starting to think Hack Wilson is an alias, like that LADODGER nicca.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2008, 04:43:40 PM »
After reading this thread half way thru i was just curious to see how many of yall that replied on this thread actually saw jordan play in the begining and in his prime?I have seen Jordan play back in the day and i will still say that Kobe game overall is truely unstoppable and your forget to mention Kobe doesnt get the Jordan rules call for him which would mean a few more free throws and steals.Jordan was a greedy SOB back in his early but yet you dont really here people talking shit about that do you.Kobe has really gotton the bad end of the deal just because he truely will be the GOAT and is happening within our very own eyes and if you dont see it you are fucking blind. 8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2008, 05:29:32 PM »
PJ says funny stuff all the time to get a rise out of niggas
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2008, 06:16:32 PM »

So your saying Pippen, Rodman,  Kukoc, Kerr and Grant all playing in their primes can't match up against Malone (40 years old), Payton (35 years old), and Shaq (32 years old)? LOL.

I'm starting to think Hack Wilson is an alias, like that LADODGER nicca.

::)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2008, 06:37:16 PM »
NIK, think what you wanna think.  Jordan is the GOAT.   8)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2008, 06:54:35 PM »

but Jordan had Luc Longely on his team, Kobe never had someone that good!!!
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2008, 09:17:53 PM »

We can't forget about John Paxson and BJ Armstrong, they were prodigious ball players no doubt.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2008, 09:31:23 PM »

Longely was consistent... Paxon and Armstrong were good role players. You don't win 72 games on just one superstar. You win because you have a team of good players that know how to execute.

Plus Rodman won 2 rings before ever joining the Bulls. I shouldn't even have to defend Pippen.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2008, 09:34:32 PM »
Lets just end it like this...

As of right now, Jordan is better. But Kobe is very worthy of being compared to him. And he does have a GREAT chance of being better than him by the end of his career.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2008, 11:17:22 PM »
As of now the main difference between MJ and Kobe is the shot selection .. through his carreer , MJ has been INCREDIBLY efficient when it comes to hitting his spots in the triangle and knocked down the Js .. Jordan knew from where he was the most efficient i.e the fadeway jumper from the 4th spot in the triangle and that 17-18 feet jumper from the wing ... from those who actually watched lots of MJ games, it's impressive how many 40+ or 50+ pts he had by hitting his "usual" shots .. don't get me wrong , the fadeaway is hard to knock down but he was unstoppable with it and just keep on using that move ... on the other side Kobe got more range and can hit from anywhere and it may be the problem when it comes to efficiency ... Kobe (it has been better since Gasol is here) is still taking "bad" shots , yep he can hit crazy shots but it hurts his FG percentage ... 45% for a player with his shooting skills isn't enough imo ..

Droz

• Lil Geezy
  • O Muthafuccin G!
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2008, 12:14:36 AM »
I agree with phil... jordan and kobe are both alike skills wise but mj has been the best in his career but kobe is better right now.. he got some amazing skills we seing through the years and he is only 29 years old with alot of time left on his career to prove he is the best. only phil knows the best outta both niggaz through his coaching expereince.. and i agree wit it! 8)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2008, 07:07:39 AM »
not possible this nigga koba not even better than Lebron soo how he better than Jordan

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2008, 07:45:41 AM »
not possible this nigga koba not even better than Lebron soo how he better than Jordan

kobe is better than lebron

but lebron hasn't hit his ceiling yet