Author Topic: DUBCNN: Cashis Drops The "Loose Cannon" Mixtape + Info on Shady Rec. Debut Album  (Read 269 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
www.dubcnn.com

It's only been a month since Cashis released his last mixtape called "The Leak" here on Dubcnn [see: Shady Records Rapper Cashis Brings You "The Leak"], and the Shady Capo has already returned with another new mixtape for free download exclusively on Dubcnn. Today we bring you the 22 track deep "Loose Cannon Mixtape Volume 1".

Cashis picked that title for the mixtape series because it's an early preview for the offical "Loose Cannon" debut album dropping on July 25th. That's right, Shady Records finally gave him a release date for the summer as they're nearing completion soon. Just by looking at the line-up of this double album, you can tell that this could be one of the biggest projects to hit the Coast in the last few years. It has a nice mix of guest appearances from the likes of Eminem, Young Buck, Obie Trice, Bun B, Cee-Lo, Tru Life, Juelz Santana, San Quinn, Mistah F.A.B., Goldie Gold from The Federation, Keyshia Cole, Jon B, and many more to come.

But back to the mixtape: The project, which was mixed by DJ Arkane and compiled by Rikanatti and DJ Arkane, features original production by the Blocc Boyz, Tha Bizness, C Major as well as borrowed beats. As far as the content goest, you can expect a different side from Cashis this time around. «With "Loose Cannon" I wanna set a high level of quality. It could really be an album because I really put my heart into it. It shows my maturity as an artist, because there are a lot of different songs on there. Of course you got the West Coast influenced tracks and even the radio songs because certain people didn't know I could do them» Cashis told Dubcnn.

Besides dropping the free mixtape series, Cashis will also be shooting a few videos in the coming weeks. «I got a crazy West Coast anthem called "Brand New Chucks" that we're gonna shoot a video for. It's produced by Eminem and it's about loving California and our culture out here. We're gonna shoot that, and also the jump off single which might be the song with Bun B. So we're gonna be shooting three videos real quick» Cashis continued.

As you can see, Cashis' grind is in full motion and the buzz is getting bigger by the day. To keep the ball rolling you can download Volume 1 of the "Loose Cannon" mixtape series below.

Cashis - Loose Cannon Mixtape Vol. 1 [Download page]

For booking information, hit up the official MySpace at myspace.com/cashisoc. Also be on the lookout for the full length interview with Cashis coming soon on Dubcnn!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 06:53:38 PM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

h2k4

Um....that picture looks very suspect.  His debut looks more like a compilation album with all of those features.  I haven't been impressed from any of his mixtapes. 

Just by looking at the line-up of this double album, you can tell that this could be one of the biggest projects to hit the Coast in the last few years.

I understand you guys are trying to hype him up but..... ???

Thanks for the info though.  Maybe I'll check this out.

Tha Crip

props, cant wait for his double lp, im gonna slap those EP songs as bonus tracks on it when it drops  8)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

AnybodyKilla

Downloading now, propz!!!

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
props, cant wait for his double lp, im gonna slap those EP songs as bonus tracks on it when it drops  8)

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Lil Jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Just by looking at the line-up of this double album, you can tell that this could be one of the biggest projects to hit the Coast in the last few years.

I understand you guys are trying to hype him up but..... ???

why? whats wrong with that?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 11:55:49 PM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
hes probably not feeling cashis...
i dont feel him neither... i cant see whats so special about this mc. theres a lotta new artists outthere that are way hotter

Lil Jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i dont feel him neither... i cant see whats so special about this mc. theres a lotta new artists outthere that are way hotter

that's why i'm asking, it says one of the biggest not one of the best. i meant big as in getting a lot of support and having dope line-up of rappers and producers, i'm not judging the quality of the album cause that's a different story.

h2k4

that's why i'm asking, it says one of the biggest not one of the best. i meant big as in getting a lot of support and having dope line-up of rappers and producers, i'm not judging the quality of the album cause that's a different story.

I don't think it will be a big project and make a mark for the Westcoast.  There's way too many projects that have more anticipation that are coming out this year and I don't see his being one.  Sure, being attached to the Shady logo will help but look at the EP he released before.  It didn't really get him national exposure or get alot of people checking for him.  I think they will try to use the guest appearances as promoting forces to push the album.. However, I don't think it will work.  In my opinion he can't carry a whole album alone.  When he said that thing about Royce even Westcoast fans were commenting in favor of Royce.

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mafia, Get it? Got it? Good!
cashis isnt even a west coast rapper  - he lived in the O.C for a couple of years lmao.. i actually prefer spider loc to this dude.. hes straight wack

"i was ultimate warrior to you bully ass niggas, i will come through the hood with the fully ask niggas"

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1z57f8oYgt8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1z57f8oYgt8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

thats might jam right there.........but ya his mixtapes werent that great

Lil Jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I don't think it will be a big project and make a mark for the Westcoast.  There's way too many projects that have more anticipation that are coming out this year and I don't see his being one.  Sure, being attached to the Shady logo will help but look at the EP he released before.  It didn't really get him national exposure or get alot of people checking for him.  I think they will try to use the guest appearances as promoting forces to push the album.. However, I don't think it will work.  In my opinion he can't carry a whole album alone.  When he said that thing about Royce even Westcoast fans were commenting in favor of Royce.

The EP sold a nice amount of copies, somewhere in the 10 thousands... believe me, the album will make an impact when it's dropping. It seems like the anticipation for some of these other rappers is tremendous, when it's just dubcc and maybe a couple other forums. As for Cashis, its not just a Shady Records logo, dude has the stamp of approval from Dre and Iovine.

h2k4

The EP sold a nice amount of copies, somewhere in the 10 thousands... believe me, the album will make an impact when it's dropping. It seems like the anticipation for some of these other rappers is tremendous, when it's just dubcc and maybe a couple other forums. As for Cashis, its not just a Shady Records logo, dude has the stamp of approval from Dre and Iovine.

Having the "stamp" of approval doesn't mean anything.  Just ask Stat Quo, Hittman, and the rest of the artists that had the "stamp" of approval.  Stat's album has been coming this year for the last 3 or so years and still no sign of it.
You're entitled to your opinion but I really doubt Ca$his will make any type of impact.