Author Topic: Today: Rock>>>Rap  (Read 466 times)

SGV

Re: Today: Rock>>>Rap
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 09:23:56 PM »

Well if that's true then that is very sad. :(

A lot of these old school Hip Hop heads said the same thing about Gangsta rap back in the 90s. They thought it was ridiculous. They thought the music was not up to par. They were feeling the same way you feel about today's Hip Hop... Take that into consideration.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 09:26:57 PM »
well, if the kids listening to this shit now are inspired by this snap bullshit, god help us when the next phase hits.  :-\

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2008, 10:09:23 PM »
well, if the kids listening to this shit now are inspired by this snap bullshit, god help us when the next phase hits.  :-\
word :-\ :-\ :-\

SGV

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2008, 10:15:22 PM »
Snap? Are people still talking about that shit? LOL. That's like people still talking about Crunk being a factor. Look at Shawty Lo of D4L, he aint making snap. Dem Franchise Boys put out some new shit, its not Snap. That was a minor phase 2 years ago. Hardly anything influential.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2008, 10:17:05 PM »
i call all that bullshit snap..to me, it all sounds the same, except now, just add in the voice box.

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

SGV

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2008, 10:22:23 PM »
To me, Snap, Soulja Boy and the like that incorporate dance moves into their music are no different than the 69 Boyz, 95 South, Quad City DJz etc of the 90s.

But what do you consider snap?

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2008, 10:24:48 PM »
most of the shit out right now :laugh:

lol maybe 'snap' is the wrong description, but to me, it all sounds the same. some old generic beats, same old simple ass rhymes.

SGV

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2008, 10:27:33 PM »
Give me an example though.

If you think back to G Funk, all the rhymes were the same then. Gang Banging, low riding and repping the West. Similar sounding production all around, too. So its hard to down a specific music when the very music this forum was built is just as guilty.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2008, 10:29:26 PM »
most of the shit out right now :laugh:

lol maybe 'snap' is the wrong description, but to me, it all sounds the same. some old generic beats, same old simple ass rhymes.
i consider shit like soulja boy or that other faggot hurricane chris's music to be snap...

SGV

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2008, 10:33:05 PM »
Hurricane is just some down South Club shit. Not really snap. Soulja Boy does incorporate Snap into his music, though.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2008, 10:38:16 PM »
Hurricane is just some down South Club shit. Not really snap. Soulja Boy does incorporate Snap into his music, though.
i'm not saying it is snap...but i just think of shit like that when somebody mentions snap muzic...

SGV

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2008, 10:44:16 PM »
I get ya. But Hurricane isn't really snap. That's an Atlanta thing, he's  from Louisiana.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2008, 10:48:16 PM »
he only has one good song,i think its called "white girl(freestyle)" or some shit...the rest of his shit is fuckin annoying...

SGV

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2008, 10:50:03 PM »
I think dude has a crazy flow and he's  only 19. Lets see if he puts out another album.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2008, 11:01:47 PM »
I think dude has a crazy flow and he's  only 19. Lets see if he puts out another album.
his rhymes are very basic tho...he delivers it really good,but the shits just 2 simple,as if a 8 year old wrote his shit...maybe that one 5 year old kid thats in his videos is his ghostwriter,lol...