Author Topic: Doctor's Advocate was a classic album  (Read 790 times)

MisterX

• 'G'
Re: Doctor's Advocate was a classic album
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 12:18:48 AM »
I like them both the same. The production on The Documentary was better, but the lyrics on TDA were better.

messi19

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 12:51:40 AM »
its a good album but not a classic  ;D classic albums is something timeless shit , that people keep hearing. something groundbreaking like Ilmatic , doggystyle, chronic , all eyes on me. sorry to say it, but its not classic but a good album thats all.

Yeah but thats why the documentary is a WESTCOAST classic feel me? Its not a classic like those albums but its a Westcost classic 4 sure.

No Teflon

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 12:53:17 AM »
Any Rapper that Has a song like Why you hate The Game and sells 1 mil has a classic album....

Specially after Club Rappers these days like T.i, Jeezy, rick Ross,Luda all them......

Yeah I agree that Why You Hate The Game was shit.

Are you telling me that Game ain't club banger::)

1) WHy u hate the Game Was shit??? wtf????wtf.....

2) How can a rapper be a club banger?

Go back to Europe dude, rap is not for u, trance and dance lolipop is, Music with Words is not for you.

No Teflon

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 01:02:35 AM »
DA is not a classic, it has some Memorable Classic tracks, but Tracks like Da shit,Remedy, Strip Club,Bang,Old English are nothing but a raw, west coast joints, there is nohting good about them, specially Da shit, wack ass shit like "I got a bad Bitch From Long Beach", rhyming bitch with shit....Game came lyrically poor on some tracks, not that he was spitting wack rhymes, he just replaced them with repetative shit....

But Other tracks were sick,

But DOcumentary is a better quality, DA was a rushed project, Doc was filled with everything, Songs like WE aint feat EMinem, Mary J, Faith Eveans, shit was done nicely....Coz Dre Execute Produced it.

D~Nice

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 01:03:42 AM »
Both great albums but not classics to me.

wcsoldier

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 01:04:03 AM »
None of these albums are classics BUT there are two great/very consistent albums ... 2 albums in a row of such quality is very rare nowadays  ... Game hasn't dissapointed yet and unlike Em , 50 and Snoop , he's the 1st who made a great transition between Dre heavily involved in the process of the 1st album and Dre basically having no work on the next album ..

Drop A Gem On Em

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 01:23:55 AM »
That ain't no damn CLASSIC album.

smp4life

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2008, 01:43:30 AM »
I like D.A. better than The Documentary.  Only wack track on D.A. was Scream imo.

MediumL

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2008, 01:50:41 AM »
Lol classic with such average tracks on some of the album. Com on maybe Game has a west coast classic but yall plane dick riding if you think its a classic or the west coast is really in a bad state.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

wcsoldier

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2008, 02:36:13 AM »
^^^^ name a better mainstream rap album since Nov 2006 then ?

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 06:22:57 AM »
IMO The Documentary is a classic...I can listen to every track without skipping one. As far as people saying it wasn't groundbreaking...how can you say that ? After it dropped a lot more people started paying attention to the west coast. A far as the Doctor's Advocate..almost but not quite a classic. Tracks like Scream On Em & Wouldn't Get Far I have to skip over sometimes..

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2008, 06:47:12 AM »
both r great albums but i skip tracks on both albums so i dont think they are definate classics. but they both have classic material on them.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 11:14:57 AM »
DA is not a classic, it has some Memorable Classic tracks, but Tracks like Da shit,Remedy, Strip Club,Bang,Old English are nothing but a raw, west coast joints, there is nohting good about them, specially Da shit, wack ass shit like "I got a bad Bitch From Long Beach", rhyming bitch with shit....Game came lyrically poor on some tracks, not that he was spitting wack rhymes, he just replaced them with repetative shit....

But Other tracks were sick,

But DOcumentary is a better quality, DA was a rushed project, Doc was filled with everything, Songs like WE aint feat EMinem, Mary J, Faith Eveans, shit was done nicely....Coz Dre Execute Produced it.

da shit was dope as fukk
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2008, 11:18:16 AM »
Im suprised a lot of people like D.A more then the Documentary. I like both but DOcumentary is wayy better for me ad i bump it over D.A if i have the chance.

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2008, 11:20:31 AM »
The Documentary is a classic album to me.

Doctor's Advocate is good, but ... :). I don't know how to say it. Plus classic need some time as well.
It's funky enough!