Author Topic: Dubcnn: Westurn Union Interview + "House Shoe Musik" Mixtape Available Now!!!!  (Read 9859 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This is some of the freshest music I've heard in years!  Seriously.  WU has created a completely new West Coast sound with this CD, and its fucking awesome.  I liked what Toones did with the project too, he added to the project instead of just tagging it up.  What a great CD.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
This is some of the freshest music I've heard in years!  Seriously.  WU has created a completely new West Coast sound with this CD, and its fucking awesome.  I liked what Toones did with the project too, he added to the project instead of just tagging it up.  What a great CD.

word

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
this whole tape goes hard. The beats, the lyrics are all sooo freshh.  Evryone should cop this. Some real quality westcoast music right here 8) Im about to smoke up and lisen to this tape agin with my boy and see what he thinks. 8)

Also- Im having trouble burning the cd to a blank?? Anyone else having trouble burning this to a cd??

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Also- Im having trouble burning the cd to a blank?? Anyone else having trouble burning this to a cd??

Well the tape is in m4a format, so you may need to use itunes to convert to mp3 so your burner can burn it in WAV format. Some software cant burn from m4a > WAV. I haven tried myself yet but i converted the m4a > mp3 straight away with itunes as i HATE m4a with a passion! :)

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG

Well the tape is in m4a format, so you may need to use itunes to convert to mp3 so your burner can burn it in WAV format. Some software cant burn from m4a > WAV. I haven tried myself yet but i converted the m4a > mp3 straight away with itunes as i HATE m4a with a passion! :)
\

m4a actually has superior sound quality. You should be able to burn it straight from iTunes, or there is a plugin you need for most windows burning programs (i.e. Nero).

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
m4a actually has superior sound quality. You should be able to burn it straight from iTunes, or there is a plugin you need for most windows burning programs (i.e. Nero).

i disagree personally but there is probably factual evidence that may contridict me. if the bitrate of the mp3 is 192 or above the difference is negligable

Lucc

• 'G'
  • Im Coming for the crown!!!!!!!!!!
^^^Yall making it sound like Science! LOL!

What Up Rud!!!!!!!

Chuuch!

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG

What Up Rud!!!!!!!

Chuuch!

Sorry Lucc.. I'm a geek. Love that new Western Union shit!!!!

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

What Up Rud!!!!!!!

Chuuch!

Haha! Sup Lucc! Cant wait to get hard copies of this!

Lucc

• 'G'
We killen'em mane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad Lucc

EmAn

• Lil Geezy
how can i get a hard copy i aint into buyin digital songs...i needz me a hard copy of this.... ???

Lucc

• 'G'
Just talked 2 the streets. They said, "They Lovin The Album"..............

Chuuch!

Bad Lucc aka STOP PLAYIN AND GET THE ALBUM 2DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Young Old Head

why tha hell didn't u drop it thru koch on tha regular?!?

Cash Money Blood Gang

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
I gave this mixtape about 4 spins now, and I have to say: this shit sounds fresh. A clear West Coast sound, but on a different tip. Not some recycled G-Funk type of music, but really a new kind of vibe.
I agree with what everyone else already said about this tape:

- Toones being on there: GREAT! I love how he ends tracks or mixes certain phrases into a song (Xzibit: "What up doc! I'm gettin' down to business!". And yeah, those gun shots after that Flo Rida track are hilarious. When I first heard that bullshit song I was like "WTF is this doing on a Westurn Union tape?!". Then I heard the gun shot. LOL! Made sense to me...
- The chemistry between these 3 guys is insane. They have a different style, yet they blend in so well. Damani's more the fly type of guy, Lucc's a bit more hardcore & Soopafly is a bit of a mixture of these two I'd say. Anyhow, it's a good group, period!

So, who produced all of these songs? All of them by Soopafly? If so: great fucking job! "Bird In Ah Hand" reminds me of some of those Ice Cube/Lench Mob-era songs. The drums, the other sounds that are being used...

And about that dude asking about the bitrate: that's a perfectly logical question if you'd ask me. I sure as hell wouldn't spend $7 on a mixtape that contains songs with only 128 kbps bitrate. You can clearly tell the difference between a 128 kbps song and a 320 kbps song. The latter one simply BUMPS more since it comes close (it basically is) to being CD-Quality.

What up Lucc! Make sure Westurn Union keeps it going in this direction 8)

Lucc

• 'G'
why tha hell didn't u drop it thru koch on tha regular?!?

Our official album is droppin in July! Why would we spend money out of our own budget, getting it mixed and mastered, and for distribution when we can distribute it ourselves online and n the streets by hand? Thats why I dont understand why DJ's sign with Major labels. It makes no sense. Mixtapes are'nt selling like when Clue and Funk Flex did it. Youll be shooting yourself n the foot for trying that shit. Whether Koch or not, is that the deciding decision on whether u buy it or not??? Its a mixtape people. Fucc wit us! Its good music. I aint gotta sell it 2 u, read the threads. Your peers said it was dope!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuuch brotha

Bad Lucc