Author Topic: Nas - "God's Son"  (Read 3111 times)

Murrow

Re:Nas - "God's Son"
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2002, 05:02:56 PM »
Due to overwhelming demand of the album, Nas is releasing it next Friday (13th)

It will be the same version that leaked.

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2002, 01:57:14 PM »

Murrow

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2002, 02:01:07 PM »
YEAH!  Go T.K.!

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2002, 02:18:41 PM »
YEAH!  Go T.K.!
:)

Nas is dropping his 7th album 'God's Son' on the world four days earlier than scheduled.

Counterfeit burned CDs have already hit the streets and the early release is the fastest his company Columbia can get it out to counter the counterfeiters.

Fans have been warned that the fake CDs on the market are of inferior quality and Nas himself is concerned for fans who may hear the counterfeit version first. "God's Son is my most personal album and I poured my heart and spirit into it," said Nas. "It's important to me that the fans hear my album the way I intended. When you buy a bootleg or pirate a download off the net, you don't get the real thing. The sound sucks, the sequencing is wrong, you're probably missing some tracks, and you don't even get the artwork and CD bonuses."

'God's Son' will now be released on December 13 instead of the originally intended December 17 date.

The album features production from Eminem, Alicia Keys, Salaam Remi, and Alchemist.

DeaDSouLjaH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2002, 02:38:26 PM »
is "the cross" gonna be there on the album ..
coz on amazon.com it isnt there along with the tracklisting . .  

Awards:
Most Improved (January)
Emcee of the Month(February)
Battle Emcee of the Month(February)
Rhyme of the Month(February)

Record:17-8-1
[/color]

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2002, 02:54:28 PM »
Gods Son; hit the Internet a week ago and the massive bootlegging has begun, some sites boast that the album has already been downloaded 5000 times on their site. Columbia records has caught on to this and has subsequently moved the release date forward.

Instead of the original planned release date of December 17th, the album has been moved 4 days earlier to the 13th. If that seems like an odd day to you, you are right. The 13th is a Friday (bad luck Nas), which a switch from the industry standard of Tuesday releases. Eminem was forced to use similar methods earlier this year when he rushed “The Eminem Show” out on a Sunday.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 02:55:03 PM by T.K. »

EM28

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2002, 03:28:40 PM »
Just a week till it comes out.  I can't wait.