Author Topic: The D.O.C. - "Duece"  (Read 2316 times)

Murrow

Re:The D.O.C. - "Duece"
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2002, 11:45:29 AM »
The D.O.C. - Deuce is coming in February! - 21 November, 2002 By : Nima
After being delayed countless times, The DOCs highly anticipated project "Deuce" is sheduled to drop February 12th 2003 according to the new Source Magazine. I hope this album finally sees the light of day, because it will not only bring us the usual D.O.C. heat, but we will hear some of his new proteges such as 6-2 and more. So when this drops, make sure to check it out. Thanks to Lil Jay and Wc2k for letting us know.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2002, 03:03:47 PM »
So is this going to be like a compilation album?  Cause you would know if you got his last album he can't really rap anymore.  His voice is just too fucked.

Murrow

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2002, 01:27:36 PM »
DOC Finally Set To Drop "Deuce" - 17 December, 2002 By : Rud
This is great news for every westcoast fan, straight from Billboard. Westcoast legend, the D.O.C, will finally release his long-awaited album "The Deuce" on February 25th through Silverback Records/RUMM/RED. Its been over a year since we first expected the album and will be his first release in six years! The album is set to feature some of the best from the west, many of them being artists he has written for and performed with in the past, some include - Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Nate Dogg and many more.

The album's first single is set to be "Tha Shit" which features Snoop, Cube, and MC Ren. The track was released last year in snippet form on the DOC's site - for those that missed it you can get it here!. Dr. Dre features on the tracks "Judgement Day" and "Gorilla Pimpin'" the later of which he is accompanied by the D.O.C.'s protege, young Dallas-based MC 6Two. Also last year the full track "Concrete Jungle" was released which featured both Kurupt & Nate Dogg, so expect that on the album too. The production on the album is mainly handled by the D.O.C. with Jah Born, Jazze Pha, Erotic D, and Organized Noise Productions, also making appearences in the credits!

The release of "The Deuce" is said to have been so delayed as the the D.O.C. was intent on self-releasing the album, to make a name for his Dallas-based Silverback Records, and had to secure distribution, marketing, and promotion help. Silverback has ended up signing a deal with RED Distribution's RUMM division (Red Urban Music Marketing).

If you are reading this and are unaware of The D.O.C.' then...slap yourself! In the late 80's he worked with Dr. Dre prior to N.W.A. then collaborated as a lyricist and writer on the group's "Straight Outta Compton" album. He went on to release the Dr. Dre produced classic solo album "No One Can Do It Better" which was a huge hit, hitting No. 1 on Billboard's Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart in September 1989!

However in November of that year, the rapper was involved in a terrible car accident that crushed his larynx and almost killed him. Surgery allowed him to speak again, but his voice was never the same as you can tell by listening to his 1996 comeback album "Helter Skelter" and later guest appearences.

Well now he's back to let everybody know he's still around and can still write, produce and rap on this, his 3rd solo album!

Here is the track list you can expect from "The Deuce"

"Music Business"
"Intro"
"Concrete Jungle" (Feat. Nate Dogg & Jazze Pha)
"Tha Shit" (Feat. Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube & MC Ren)
"What Would You Do?"
"Psychic Pimp Hotline"
"Gorilla Pimpin" (Feat. Dr. Dre)
"Judgement Day" (Feat. Dr. Dre)
"Soliliquy"
"Ghetto Blues"
"All in the Family"
"Critical Condition"
"Touch of Blues"
"Mentally Disturbed"
"Safari West"
"D.F.W."
"Simple As That"
"Playboy"
"Snoop Props"

Bomb-A®

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2002, 04:19:01 AM »
yeah baby

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2002, 09:25:12 AM »
I hope he's got more features than that cause he can hardly carry an album by himself on the mic.  His voice is too fucked.  Refer to Helter Skelter if you don't know.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2002, 04:12:53 PM »
hopin we get sum 6'2 on this, niggaz got skillz

Pillow

Re: The D.O.C. - "Duece"
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2002, 11:05:14 PM »
Props for them "Duece" snippets and Knoc-Turn'al joint!

Murrow

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2003, 11:34:37 AM »
Anticipation Rises For The DOC! - 15 January, 2003 By : Rud
As we reported last month The DOC is finally set to release his long awaited album "Deuce." The album, which is due out on February 25th is set to feature some of the biggest names from the west! Below is the tracklist and some excerts from the press-release of the album!

"Without D.O.C. there wouldn't be Snoop Dogg. He put a lot of inspiration in me as far as being that superstar that was with me before I was a superstar, that made me feel like a superstar ...enabling me to write songs with him, to take songs from him, to accept criticism from him, to critique his shit and critique mine. Man, me and DOC was like Batman and Robin back then..." Snoop Dogg from Deuce.

"It’s evident the D.O.C.’s involvement in many successful projects has helped fine-tune his hip-hop ear, because this showcase of his hometown’s talent is enthrallin...’Tha Shit’ provides a blissful fix for those craving just a taste of that old N.W.A. vibe." – The Source

"Backed by well-crafted live instrumentation and a slew of scorchin' Southern syllables, the two-years-in-the-making Deuce is a sturdy and dirty collection of heat usually found in recently discharged pistols or horny girls' underwear." - XXL

"Old-school hip-hopper reunites with old friends for his first solo album in six years. He uses the good china. This classic G-Funk really feels fresh. (4 stars)." - Stuff

Duece, which is written and produced by The D.O.C. with the help of Jah Born, Jazze Pha, Erotic D, and Organized Noise, sonically reflects the groove-heavy musicality of the classic West Coast sound - layered with familiar samples and complex live instrumentation. Unexpected, however, is its lyrical rawness. Along with his crew of ‘Gorillas,’ The D.O.C. attacks the sometimes-controversial subjects of violence and objectification in urban life with a razor-sharp edge. On eerie tracks like "What Would U Do," "Judgement Day" and "Mentally Disturbed," characters like 6Two’s murderous “Mr. Two-Face” are portrayed with an almost cinematic horror.

The album's first single, “Tha Shit,” finds The D.O.C., his voice emotive and fierce in its icy rasp, holding his own with old N.W.A. friends Snoop Dogg, MC Ren, and Ice Cube. You can check the track out here : Windows Media | Real Media

On "Gorilla Pimpin," 6Two’s remarkable flow, reminiscent of a young Snoop Dogg with the southern drawl of Andre 3000, is complimented by a growling Dr. Dre on the hook. Elswhere, the irresistibly bouncy "Concrete Jungle," finds Nate Dogg mixing it up with the DFW’s Silverback Gorillas. The mix is potent. On introspective tracks like the album’s "Intro," "Soliloquy," & "Ghetto Blues," The D.O.C. sends out musical prayers to his mother, father, and others who have touched him along the way.

The reason for the albums long and frustrating delay was The D.O.C's dedication to finding the proper distribution, marketing and promotion partnership. While early critical praise and street buzz began piling in, D.O.C. and Silverback finally found a home with RUMM (Red Urban Music Marketing), an arm of RED Distribution.

If you are reading this and are unaware of The D.O.C.' then...slap yourself! In the late 80's he worked with Dr. Dre prior to N.W.A. then collaborated as a lyricist and writer on the group's "Straight Outta Compton" album. He went on to release the Dr. Dre produced classic solo album "No One Can Do It Better" which was a huge hit, hitting No. 1 on Billboard's Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart in September 1989!

However in November of that year, the rapper was involved in a terrible car accident that crushed his larynx and almost killed him. Surgery allowed him to speak again, but his voice was never the same as you can tell by listening to his 1996 comeback album "Helter Skelter" and later guest appearences.

Years later, Dre called on The D.O.C.’s pen once again, this time to work on 1999’s classic, Chronic 2001. The D.O.C. brought along his new protégé, a talented young Fort Worth rapper by the name of 6Two, who would go on to appear on several songs on Chronic 2001, including "Xxxplosive." Seeing shades of himself in the young rapper, D.O.C. hopes to school 6Two in the game : "I probably lost millions of dollars years ago, but I’ve learned and I’m sharing what I know with the artist I’m producing."

Surrounded by a hungry young crew of Dallas/Fort Worth-area emcees - including 6Two, Uptight, El Dorado, and Cadillac Seville – The D.O.C. has reinvented himself as writer, producer and artist, and has created an independent label and production company, Silverback Records : "People are always asking me about what it was like to work with Dre and Snoop, but I ask them, ‘What about the next Dre and Snoop?’ We need to find the next generation in hip-hop and that’s what I want to do here in Dallas. We here in Dallas Fort Worth are ready to take our place among the other great cities as a bed of strong hip-hop. And on a personal note, I’m ready to take my spot back in this game, wherever that may be."

With the new album, The D.O.C. does not set out to reclaim a crown that was taken away, perhaps, too soon. The D.O.C. merely sets out to prove that, indeed, still No One Can Do It Better! Head over to Rummonline or click on the banner at the bottom of this page. More news/audio as we get it, remember to support this release when its out!

kµ®µpt

• 'G'
  • fµ©|{ †}{€ wö®£Ð
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2003, 07:44:19 AM »
so waht u guys like the album it got some dr dre 2001

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2003, 07:47:36 AM »
the album is dope as helll... apart frmo one song "in tha family".. cant wait to cop it

kµ®µpt

• 'G'
  • fµ©|{ †}{€ wö®£Ð
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2003, 07:50:34 AM »
i downloade the shit's dop