out in the US in 4 weeks i think

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Wii Fit
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 11:28:02 PM »
haha ;D

ive been trying to get a copy but its out everywhere :( what other activities are there other than balancing, skiing etc?

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 06:48:30 AM »

"Training is set into four categories, Yoga, Muscle Workouts, Balance games and Aerobic Exercises"

yoga... stand like this/lean/breath like this... kinda interesting..

muscle workouts... stuff like press ups n stretches

balance games... skiing + ski jump are the best..  still not unlocked snowboarding..

aerobic exercises.. jogging (you jog on spot with wiimote in pocket)

right now i do the daily test then play skiing (trying to master advanced) and maybe another balance game or two

there are 10 games coming to use the board too.. hopefully a good snowboarding one.. skateboarding would be awesome of course :)

rumours ea skate is coming to wii (and ds) ... if ea skate wii uses the board.. it'd be unreal..

when it rains it pours

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 01:22:09 PM »
i want this game so fuckin bad.

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 02:25:34 PM »
i'm loving the balls in the holes (kinda like monkey ball) thing tonight...

have completed it on the normal levels.. trying to do advanced now..
its a good way to build up "fitcash" in the "fitpig" (which is what unlocks new shit)

this thing reminds of brain training on the DS.. i'm at my girls tomorrow.. so no doubt it'll moan at me thursday!

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 12:06:59 AM »
Dope, i need to get this by all accounts! :)

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 12:15:23 AM »
after posting that last night i did afew things... during which i unlocked 2 new balance games!

first one is where you're in a bubble, on a river..  and you have to guide yourself up a canyon.. hit the walls and you die.. very hard.. i've got about 4/5ths the way up the damn thing..

in the other one your mii is dressed up in a penguin suit on a block of ice and you have to flip the block of ice by moving left and right and flip fish that are jumping up towards you.. very odd..

i'm waiting to see if ea do announce this "skate it" game based upon ea skate, and whether it uses the balance board.. its kinda gotta.. right?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 12:35:28 AM by Seer - San »

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 12:18:54 AM »
dont count on it, these game mfr's are weird and dont use the things we expect them too! would be cool tho!

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 12:35:47 AM »
yeah but if they dont.. someone will....... please lol

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 08:54:27 AM »
after posting that last night i did afew things... during which i unlocked 2 new balance games!

first one is where you're in a bubble, on a river..  and you have to guide yourself up a canyon.. hit the walls and you die.. very hard.. i've got about 4/5ths the way up the damn thing..

in the other one your mii is dressed up in a penguin suit on a block of ice and you have to flip the block of ice by moving left and right and flip fish that are jumping up towards you.. very odd..

i'm waiting to see if ea do announce this "skate it" game based upon ea skate, and whether it uses the balance board.. its kinda gotta.. right?

Got good news for you 'seer!!

Skate It on Wii and Nintendo DS
Check out a taste of what's to come from EA's skateboarding series on Nintendo systems.

May 9, 2008 - Last year, Electronic Arts and Black Box literally reinvented the skateboarding videogame design with Skate, an Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 experience that put heavy focus on dual-analog stick control for its gameplay. What were once automatic button presses in games like Tony Hawk now had to be worked for by flicking your thumbs to pull them off.

Because of the dual-analog focus, it wasn't surprising to see that the original game didn't make it to the Nintendo Wii or the Nintendo DS – two systems that lacked the "standard" control offered by the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. But that hasn't stopped the publisher from trying – in 2008, Electronic Arts will release Skate It, a spin-off of last year's console design that will focus on utilizing Wii remote and Nintendo DS touch screen for its skateboarding control. The Wii version will also support the Wii Balance Board that will ship with Wii Fit in two weeks.

Skate It will be officially announced and revealed by the company next week at the company's press event in San Francisco, but we were given the opportunity to grill Skate It's executive producer Scott Blackwood and get some details regarding the Nintendo spinoffs on the Wii and the Nintendo DS.

IGN: What sort of differences to the gameplay can we expect on the Wii? What about the DS version?

Scott Blackwood: Expect the same revolutionary, intuitive, and fun gameplay, but this time applied to the strengths of the Wii and DS systems. It's all about bringing that authentic Skate feeling to the Wii remote and stylus, or and for the full on immersive types, the Wii Balance Board.

IGN: I understand that the Wii version of the game will utilize the Wii balance board. Is this a mandatory option or will you be able to play Skate It without it? What sort of abilities will you be able to do with the Balance Board?

Scott Blackwood: Of course, you can play Skate without the Wii Balance Board, but you'd be missing out on a next level of immersiveness if you did. Hey, did that help sell Balance Boards…where's my cut? In all seriousness, the game plays super fun with or without the Balance Board, but if you want to really feel your carves and control your manuals, I'd advise you to skate a Balance Board version of the game. People that try it really seem to be digging it, and we're still discovering new and cool ways to integrate it daily.

IGN: When is the game expected to ship?

Scott Blackwood: We're not quite ready to make a detailed announcement yet, but it will be out in 2008. For us, as always, we want to first make sure we have enough time to make the game fun. Things are coming together really nicely on both consoles, so we'll be in a position to announce the exact date in the near future.

thats gonna be dope,using the balance board in a skateboarding game :o 8)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 09:17:24 AM by Black_Smoke »

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 03:11:43 PM »
I´ve been thinking of getting the Wii Fit but 90€ was too much for me cause I didn´t really know enough about it to warrant a purchase.

If good games come out for it then I´ll get it. Top priority now is getting the Wii online and finally getting Mario Galaxy.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 07:42:03 PM »
Saw this on tv, looks cool, but awkward. Hoola hoops & press ups.

Now skating, that would be cool as on that thing!

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 03:35:37 AM »

i'm so stoked on the "skate it" thing :)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 06:47:42 PM »

i'm so stoked on the "skate it" thing :)

yea im pretty hyped for it too  :D

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 01:31:54 AM »

although the suns out here now finally... so i actually managed to skate for real 3 days running