Author Topic: The D.O.C. - Helter Skelter  (Read 639 times)

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
The D.O.C. - Helter Skelter
« on: April 30, 2008, 02:34:41 PM »
So I have never paid much attention to this record because I though it would suck by reading the reviews.
I happen to like this record very much, even with his sound fucked, he got great flow and lyrics, anyone else feeling this album?
But in the other hand that voice gives him much more raw songs, now it sounds more gangsta and something like horrorcore.

Return of Da Livin Dead, 4 My Doggz & .45 Automatic are my favorites, do you have any?

I hope he raps at least in some songs with his new album (if it isn't just a rumor).

So, what feelings does this album give you?

D~Nice

Re: The D.O.C. - Helter Skelter
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 02:46:04 PM »
Wait till Dre Day and Chad weigh in on this one. They have alot of insight on this album. I personally liked the album. The beats were knocking and of course lyrics wise, it's DOC so you know it's going to be on point with that. His voice really did not detract much from what he was saying on the album for me so I enjoyed it.

Old English

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 02:46:52 PM »
ha i bought this tape when it first came out thru BMG...u know buy 1 get 10 free....lol

I never liked it...dude sounded kinda scary to me no offense i heard he was tight b4 his car accident but his music sounded demonic afterward no matter what he rapped about

at least dude knows how to make a hit!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 02:47:12 PM »
there was a great conversation about it here: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=144128.25

it starts near the bottom of the page.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 08:48:09 PM »
ha i bought this tape when it first came out thru BMG...u know buy 1 get 10 free....lol

I never liked it...dude sounded kinda scary to me no offense i heard he was tight b4 his car accident but his music sounded demonic afterward no matter what he rapped about

props for the dope pic of NWA 8)

DerekNelson

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 10:44:51 PM »
this is a great album that i rate highly.

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 01:47:35 AM »
I agree with the guy who said that it sounded too scary with DOC's voice.... Nevertheless, it's a good album, but not great because of that reason.

MR_JV

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 10:04:37 AM »
can anyone hook me up with this album i havent heard it yet?

Old English

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 10:42:51 AM »

props for the dope pic of NWA 8)

And Vice Versa for the Eye Candy... LOL

MR_JV

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 09:37:08 AM »
that helter skelter link dont work man.

Lazar

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 11:41:18 AM »
I slept a long time on this allbum, but after some spins I really like it, especially because of his voice. It makes the whole record really special, even if I wouldn´t call it a classic, or even nearly to one. My fav is "From Ruthless 2 Death Row"