Author Topic: ATMOSPHERE Appreciation  (Read 473 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: ATMOSPHERE Appreciation
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 06:56:44 AM »
I want to thank atmosphere for perpetuating the stereotype of the shitty white weirdo rapper. I appreciate you for that.

Thank you very much, now back to the turf with you

lol

when it rains it pours

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2008, 01:28:57 PM »
i was at there SF concert yesterday

CRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2008, 01:32:06 PM »
I'm glad they're getting props finally. There shit is on MTV 24/7 now.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

JAZ

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2008, 06:14:46 PM »
bump.

when it rains it pours

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2008, 07:56:51 PM »
wow
some of there fans are getting mad that they were on MTV
fuckin retards, mad at them for getting alil money

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2008, 09:54:42 PM »
wow
some of there fans are getting mad that they were on MTV
fuckin retards, mad at them for getting alil money

Just goes to show that a lot of these so called fans (of Atmosphere and other similar groups) are not actually fans of their music, but of their "undergroundness." No different than the idiots who get into a given artist because its a popular artist.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2008, 10:30:10 PM »
^^Really true..If they signed to a major record label after saying they wouldn't ("I still say fuck a major record label til it limps"), then I would see why you might be upset. If not, be glad that they are getting more exposure. People like to say that they were up on something before everyone else, but all these underground rappers have a lot of fans if you really think about it.
I got a bird's eye view

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2008, 05:24:39 PM »
The thread in youknowwhere is updated with some rare shit

kemizt

Rudeboy69

• Lil Geezy
  • Master-Debater
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008, 05:58:18 PM »
atmosphere is dope man... haven't had a chance to see 'em on tour but i got to see slug & brother ali a while back on LATV(back when they had The Hip Hop Show) it was a small studio but got to see 'em freestyle and do a song from the seven's travles...

^^Really true..If they signed to a major record label after saying they wouldn't ("I still say fuck a major record label til it limps"), then I would see why you might be upset. If not, be glad that they are getting more exposure. People like to say that they were up on something before everyone else, but all these underground rappers have a lot of fans if you really think about it.

weren't some foo's talking shit cause they had like a distribution deal with epitaph? or some shit...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2008, 03:15:02 PM »
The thread in youknowwhere is updated once more with some rare shit

kemizt

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2008, 05:14:49 PM »

Props, mayne.  Speaking of Atmosphere, the new album is far too addicting.  it's one of those records where out of 15 tracks all 15 could be a favorite for whatever respected day.  What that essentially means is I'll be playing this album for a long time (forever) knowing damn well it was money well spent  8)

This album is incredible.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2008, 07:22:27 PM »

Props, mayne.  Speaking of Atmosphere, the new album is far too addicting.  it's one of those records where out of 15 tracks all 15 could be a favorite for whatever respected day.  What that essentially means is I'll be playing this album for a long time (forever) knowing damn well it was money well spent  8)

This album is incredible.

Word, that's real talk

kemizt

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2008, 01:20:11 AM »
atmosphere is dope man... haven't had a chance to see 'em on tour but i got to see slug & brother ali a while back on LATV(back when they had The Hip Hop Show) it was a small studio but got to see 'em freestyle and do a song from the seven's travles...

weren't some foo's talking shit cause they had like a distribution deal with epitaph? or some shit...
I'm not sure about that, but there probably were some shit-talkers (see the post about not being fans of the music, but being fans of the "undergroundness"). Epitaph is known as a mostly punk-rock label, who allows artists to do their thing, so Atmosphere didn't "sell-out". They have a solid collection throughout their career, they deserve their success, and even if they do get a little love on MTV, they have been gaining popularity for a while, and you can't hate on them for reaching more people and making a living, as long as they don't diminish the quality of their music.
I got a bird's eye view