Author Topic: Omar Cruz ft. Frankie J - To The Top (Hear the full song here...somebody rip it)  (Read 377 times)

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Here is the full song!!  Need somebody to rip it though so that we can download it!!

http://djskee.blogspot.com/2008/05/omar-cruz-ft-frankie-j-to-top.html
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
props homie!

frankie j would be dope as fuck on alot of hooks

theres no efx on his voice, he's singin raw with a doubled up take but other than that and a lil bity isty bit of reverb its him RAW with the vocals

this track is "OK" 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 11:36:17 PM by NauticaICE »

jointz

• Muthafuckin' OG
When I first heard that Frankie J was on cruz first single I was upset with cruz cuzz I felt like he was saleing out with a girl love record but then I actually heard the record on the radio & I was like WOW this record is dope ass fuck. It's a chill record & cruz is still being him on the record. Not a love record at all. More like a feel good record. Props to cruz imo I think he has a hit on his hands.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Thanks for the link, bro. I had been looking all over for this song. Forgot to check out Skee's page though...

A radio-friendly song: sounds pretty good after giving it a first spin 8) Smooth shit. I think this song has the potential of becoming a hit (whether it's a small or average hit) on radio stations across the US. It doesn't have that "WEST COAST"-stamp on it, which would limit the song to Cali-radio stations only. It's safe to say the song has a somewhat 'universal' feel to it. I don't know THAT much about the radio scene in the US, but I can see DJ's from all over playing this: Miami, Down South, NY, ...
As far as the lyrics are concerned: Omar's repping the West 8)

One thing I would've changed about the song though: that part where Frankie J sings "To The Top"...I would've mixed those vocals a bit louder. You can hear him singing it, but not really loud. It doesn't stick out.

Other than that: I'm digging this shit!

BTW: anyone else hear the similarity with 2Pac's "Lost Souls". The keys sound somewhat alike. That's just me though ;)

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess
pretty dope chill track

AnybodyKilla

I actually really like this song, its fuckin dope, it IS some feel good music, someone rip this shit, propz!!!

Cali_Raized

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Finally been waiting for this song for the past 2 days this is a cool song for Omar....
think it will do good things for him but dont see it reachin out farther than the southwest.....

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Man, this song kept playing on & on in my head today while I was at work. Catchy as hell, from the keys to the chorus.

"Tooooo theee top!"

I'm surprised Dubcnn hasn't received the song yet. I'm sure they would've put it up on the frontpage had they received the mp3.

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
BTW: anyone else hear the similarity with 2Pac's "Lost Souls". The keys sound somewhat alike. That's just me though ;)

Yeah, it's the same sample.

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
BTW...this song is pretty sick!

Who produced it?

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
It's produced by Julian Bunetta. I believe he did some work on The Cruzixifion as well...

AnybodyKilla

It's produced by Julian Bunetta. I believe he did some work on The Cruzixifion as well...

He did some heaters for Ya Boy too i believe!!!

DPGC23

YEA THIS SONG IS DOPE,
ITS LIKE DUDE SAID,
IWAS A LIL EHHHHH ON FRANKIE J,BUT ITS ACTUALLY DOPE,

IHERD THAT THE 1 WITH LOS LONELY BOYS IS DOPE 2,
SO LETS C

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

jointz

• Muthafuckin' OG
It's defently a hit the way power 106 is playing it out in L.A. I think this record is going to cross over & reach a lot of markets. You have to remember that Frankie J is a crossover pop artist so those stations are going to play it also. Good look for omar & b.y.I they deserve it. West west you'll.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
Yup, I just heard the song today on Power 106. Song is off the chain. This & "Gangsta Music" are both dope singles from O. Cruz. 8)