Author Topic: OFFICIAL EURO 2008 THREAD  (Read 6910 times)

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
Re: OFFICIAL EURO 2008 THREAD
« Reply #465 on: June 17, 2008, 04:19:57 PM »
^ so mauz, you think holland will lift the Euro then?

Let's hope for the best! :)

yeh, you's have been impressive to watch mate..

Lunatic

« Reply #466 on: June 17, 2008, 04:24:47 PM »
I'm tryna make as many bets with my homies as possible LOL

$10.00 each I get Portugal and Spain and they get Italy and Germany

all my friends are Italian and hate Portugal (vice-versa for me ofcourse)

they some pussies if they dont take it 8)

i made two bets before the tournament started.. Spain or Croatia to lift the Euro, both looking good at the moment too :)
not bad - im betting on a portugal-spain final
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #467 on: June 17, 2008, 04:47:37 PM »
I don't understand you guys. You always have something to bitch about when it comes to Italy. The rule is so simple, and it says Abidal had to be ejected. He didn't even complain so why are you doing it? He was the last French defender and Toni had a clear chance of scoring. It's Abidal's fault. Or, to say it better, it's Domenech's fault that he played with Abidal central defender against Toni & Cassano. And LMAO @ Boumsong being selected over Mexes! Italy didn't robb at all. We played pretty well against Romania and very well against France. We had a game where Holland destroyed us. But we're still here. Like usual. Ready for the big dance.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #468 on: June 17, 2008, 04:50:18 PM »

...it's just the way it is with Italy. They almost always sneak past group stages, no matter how unconvincing. But while the overall performance in all 3 games was nothing to get excited about, it's not like there was anything wrong about them coming out as the winners today. From what I've seen, the Romanians didn't really make a great performance against the Dutch and France was unlucky about Ribéry, but the penalty was straight stupidity. Lunatic, of course this is a red card...Toni was going straight for goal, Abidal, being the last defender, came from behind and fouled him, denying him a straight shot at goal from about 15 metres. I take it you dislike Italy, alright, that's actually kind of understandable from a neutral point of view in this tournament, but the referee doesn't even have the option of considering not giving red.

Overall the 2-0 victory was ok (merci ŕ Henry), it's not like Italy looked like The Team About to Beat Spain, but it was an ok performance against an opponent who couldn't recover from what happened in the early stages and really didn't have much of an idea about how to become seriously dangerous. And I guess the 2-0 for Holland was ok too, so Italy hasn't been great, but there's nothing wrong about them coming in second, two of three other teams not having been any better.

Big props to Holland, finally. 9 points and 9:1 goals, that's amazing. I'll be cheering for them 8)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #469 on: June 17, 2008, 04:58:27 PM »
I don't understand you guys. You always have something to bitch about when it comes to Italy. The rule is so simple, and it says Abidal had to be ejected. He didn't even complain so why are you doing it? He was the last French defender and Toni had a clear chance of scoring. It's Abidal's fault. Or, to say it better, it's Domenech's fault that he played with Abidal central defender against Toni & Cassano. And LMAO @ Boumsong being selected over Mexes! Italy didn't robb at all. We played pretty well against Romania and very well against France. We had a game where Holland destroyed us. But we're still here. Like usual. Ready for the big dance.
Yup, although I'd personally say it was decent against Romania and pretty decent against France, that's what's up. I'm kinda repeating myself, but what I agree about with Antonio is: What is there to be bitching about? Italy didn't qualify because of some special rule, undeserved luck or bribes. They qualified because they were the second best team in Group C, period. Holland came in first because they fucked everyone up and got 9 points. Italy got 4 points. Romania got 2. France got 1. And don't tell me ROM or FRA were better in any way...ROM was a bit of a surprise, because it's not a big name like the others, but end of the day, they scored only one goal neatly prepared for them by a guy named Zambrotta, that's nothing to write home about. And France was a complete disappointment.

And good point about Abidal not complaining...props to him for that by the way, I'll freely admit any Italian defender would have had a discussion with the referee.

Lunatic

« Reply #470 on: June 17, 2008, 06:20:31 PM »
^being Portuguese we always seem to see Italy get so damn lucky

same in the world cup final

moron of a coach subs out Henry and Ribery and then Zidane gets himself perhaps what is the stupidest red card ever (what an idiot Zidane is)

if France has those three player for the penalty shots, i bet we have a different 06 champion

but thats the past and this is the present - italy does not stand a chance against spain, believe it.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #471 on: June 17, 2008, 07:07:10 PM »
italy does not stand a chance against spain, believe it.

Stupid comment.

Lunatic

« Reply #472 on: June 17, 2008, 07:32:27 PM »
italy does not stand a chance against spain, believe it.

Stupid comment.
spain is looking unreal whereas italy is look like the worse team to make it out the group (besides turkey)..Spain will win this game.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #473 on: June 17, 2008, 07:52:38 PM »
Man what's your problem? Are you totally ignorant about football or are you just hating on Italy for personal reasons? Cause what you're saying is not making sense at all. Italy qualified to the quarters by survivng to the "Group of death". They didn't make 9 points like Holland, but they still managed to beat France 2-0 and make 4 points. That said, Italy is historically known for having slow starts and strong finishes, while Spain is known for the opposite. You should never do the mistake of underrating a team like Italy who's used to win big trophies (unlike Spain). The last time somebody did it, we won the World Cup by beating Germany in their house. LOL. "Italy doesn't stand a chance against Spain"... For real, that's some ignorant shit right here.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 07:54:13 PM by Antonio »

Corporate Hustler

« Reply #474 on: June 17, 2008, 07:53:56 PM »
spain is lookin really good but italy still has a chance dont count em out
and dont count out "comeback turkey" against croatia.
holland and portugal will win tho

wcsoldier

« Reply #475 on: June 17, 2008, 08:25:32 PM »
Congrats to Italy for the win .. WTF Abidal was thinking  :-X.. I'm glad I won't see that loser Domenech again ... welcome Deschamps  8)

Elano

« Reply #476 on: June 17, 2008, 09:45:19 PM »
fucking Italy is always so lucky; Ribery gettin the injury is luck as hell for Italy and then that red card was NOT deserving (it definitely was a penalty shot) but that foul didn't warrant a straight red card :-\

Whatever, they will NOT get passed Spain

shut up! your national team has never won ANYTHING.
and you don't have a fuckin clue about football

Elano

« Reply #477 on: June 17, 2008, 09:49:04 PM »
only ones who deserved to go i quaterfinals are dutch...italy OMG, that team is just lucky is one of their pagan gods that is helping them, good of cowardness and corruption LOL shame that we gotta see teams like that in quaterfinals

Elano

« Reply #478 on: June 17, 2008, 09:53:50 PM »
that red card was NOT deserving (it definitely was a penalty shot) but that foul didn't warrant a straight red card :-\

the red wasnt soo much for the foul, but for denying a goal scoring opportunity.. if the ref gives the penalty then the red card has too follow
not necessarily..a red doesn't always follow if a penalty shot is awarded; romania's penalty didnt result in an italian red and nor did portugal's carvalho get a red at the world cup when he fouled henry who was awarded a penalty; carvalho got a yellow and thats what the french player should of got.

if the last defender brings down an opposing player in the box then its a straight red card son.. and with the romania / italy game penatly the ref was right not to give panucci a red because he wasnt the last defender.
that is not necessarily a rule as you two are making it seem to be; I see as Panucci didn't get a straight red because the foul didnt warrant such a harsh punishment (the severity of the tackle) and neither did the foul today.

you should watch volleyball,your football knowledge is less than 0  :D

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #479 on: June 18, 2008, 03:03:28 AM »
Man what's your problem? Are you totally ignorant about football or are you just hating on Italy for personal reasons? Cause what you're saying is not making sense at all. Italy qualified to the quarters by survivng to the "Group of death". They didn't make 9 points like Holland, but they still managed to beat France 2-0 and make 4 points. That said, Italy is historically known for having slow starts and strong finishes, while Spain is known for the opposite. You should never do the mistake of underrating a team like Italy who's used to win big trophies (unlike Spain). The last time somebody did it, we won the World Cup by beating Germany in their house. LOL. "Italy doesn't stand a chance against Spain"... For real, that's some ignorant shit right here.

yeah I fully agree with you. Spain looked good, but let's see how they play against a real team. Italy is not comparable to 06, but I still think Italy will beat Spain.
LOL for saying that Italy won't stand a chance. Spain never won anything, and Italy is a uncomfortable opponent and very clever.

and this was clearly a read card, no need to discuss here. Gallas was really awkward
And I say this as a proud Italian- Hater.

I heard Pirlo and Gattuso will miss the game, is that true?

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 03:08:47 AM by Dr. Ján Ďtor »