Author Topic: NEW DR DRE SONG?! SOHH ARTICLE DETOX AUDIO  (Read 2183 times)

MY FIRST LOVE WAS HIP HOP

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: NEW DR DRE SONG?! SOHH ARTICLE DETOX AUDIO
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2008, 02:46:34 PM »
It's just like that song crooked I made for Dre.. "Say dre" , Dre will copy the rapper's flow and lyrics.

woof

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2008, 03:17:46 PM »
    Recently, I received some records submitted for Detox which were written by an artist by the name of Prophet. We didn’t end up keeping any of them but Dre liked his style of writing and the production so he wanted me to fly him and the producer WallStreet out. Once they arrived everyone got acquainted and started working. WallStreet pulled up a sample and started crafting the drums as Prophet who funny enough is a reggae/hiphop artist started writing the rap. The chemistry in the room was amazing. Dre walked in and heard the track and the first thing he said was we need to replay the sample and we’ll have a buzz single for Detox. Dre got on the boards and started to get more involved with the production. He started to EQ WallStreet’s drums making them sound 10 times bigger. He had the guitar and strings played over and the finish product of the track was CLASSIC Dre. Prophet continued to write the record and then laid his vocals to the record so Dre could learn the song. I expect Dre to lay his vocals down in the next day or so. It will be extremely hard if not impossible to get the song because no one has access to the files once Dre records to it. For now, all I have is the version with Prophet’s vocals on it.

Of course I left out a few paragraphs to keep dudes identity clear. Take it for what it’s worth. It could be all bullshit for what I know, but who knows. The song would be hot if Dre would drop some vocals though. Let’s see what happens…

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2008, 03:25:20 PM »
^^ He got that from: http://2dopeboyz.com/2008/05/08/a-preview-to-detox/

Beat is weak but I'm liking the lyrics and hook. But I think that since the track leaked, there's no chance the Dre version will ever be released.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2008, 03:47:31 PM »
thats not dre

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2008, 04:36:53 PM »
if its real, which i doubt..but if dre raps the same lyrics, with nate replacing ol boy on the hook then it will be a HUGE hit..but im not really feeling the beat..hopefully dre works his magic and makes it harder haha

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2008, 04:45:11 PM »
Had a messed up day at work!

But this song has helped ease the misery!!!

Props on the info Luna!
This song has been on repeat for a good while!!
I'm not worried about the Beat,it's fine to me, but it can be worked on again..If Not Mastered to make it sound brighter and bigger!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2008, 07:17:39 PM »
fuck y'all,lol...i love this shit, i beem bumpin this shit alot today..i just love the lyrics and hook...with a better beat of the same type of vibe, would be some 5/5 shit

pz

Muhfukka

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2008, 07:26:26 PM »
so this is what hes been doing for 20 years

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2008, 07:32:03 PM »
This is definitely a song ghost-written for Dre. But Detox material? I don't think so. How is Dre gonna put something on Detox that sounds like something he did for 2001? Beat is way too standard, the drums are too standard, and it just doesn't have a "big" sound. I'm skeptical.

If this is what we get after 9 years of waiting...I'll be more than disappointed.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 07:34:25 PM by LakersAlldaWay »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2008, 07:43:32 PM »
yeh not detox material at all beat wise, i just think its bangin lyrically and hook wise, nice vibe to it

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2008, 07:48:56 PM »
    Recently, I received some records submitted for Detox which were written by an artist by the name of Prophet. We didn’t end up keeping any of them but Dre liked his style of writing and the production so he wanted me to fly him and the producer WallStreet out. Once they arrived everyone got acquainted and started working. WallStreet pulled up a sample and started crafting the drums as Prophet who funny enough is a reggae/hiphop artist started writing the rap. The chemistry in the room was amazing. Dre walked in and heard the track and the first thing he said was we need to replay the sample and we’ll have a buzz single for Detox. Dre got on the boards and started to get more involved with the production. He started to EQ WallStreet’s drums making them sound 10 times bigger. He had the guitar and strings played over and the finish product of the track was CLASSIC Dre. Prophet continued to write the record and then laid his vocals to the record so Dre could learn the song. I expect Dre to lay his vocals down in the next day or so. It will be extremely hard if not impossible to get the song because no one has access to the files once Dre records to it. For now, all I have is the version with Prophet’s vocals on it.

Of course I left out a few paragraphs to keep dudes identity clear. Take it for what it’s worth. It could be all bullshit for what I know, but who knows. The song would be hot if Dre would drop some vocals though. Let’s see what happens…

Are these guys delusional? Now that they leaked the song, they have ZERO chance of getting Dre to ever officially release a version he does. In fact, they probably broke any trust established while working with him. They'll get their one day of fame on the net but thats it...they shouldn't of leaked it. 

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2008, 11:53:20 PM »
this is not bad lyrically wise, but I doubt that there's been any Dre additions to the production of the version we've heard.I think this is just the Wallstreet & Prophet version, production and lyric wise respectfully
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2008, 12:17:26 AM »
Lol you think that's dr dre?
Does this forum have an ignore list?
lol feel free to never respond to any of my posts again..since u have over 2K posts and i've never seen u around here, that wouldnt bother me if u dont respond 2 my posts :'(

I was j/k with you, don't get your panties twisted  8)

D-Stress

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2008, 01:27:15 AM »
someone share this track please.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2008, 09:08:19 AM »
''Yall heard it first here
I've birthed the careers
of almost every hot rapper
in the past 20 years
you'd think dudes happily
would name a school after me
but instead they see me at events
and start attackin me''

haha :D this shit is dope .. fuck the beat.. it will surely be re-done..