Author Topic: the best choice? original or remastered?  (Read 407 times)

ThaPrince

the best choice? original or remastered?
« on: May 26, 2008, 03:25:10 AM »
What should I cop between an original  and a remastered album?

example : the chronic / dogg food ...

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
Re: the best choice? original or remastered?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 03:31:24 AM »
Depends on the particular album, but I would go with the remastered. However a music aficionado could tell you what remastered/re-released albums are missing songs from the original release.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

ThaPrince

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 10:53:37 AM »
thanks for the response.

other advice?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 02:19:08 PM »
digital remastered if you plan to bump it in your car

original if its just for your stereo
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 03:00:37 PM »
I have some remasters of Death Row albums but I left them back home but my cousin has the originals and honestly I cant tell a difference :-\

I dont think they could make the albums sound that much better than the originals that Dre did anyway

WestCoasta

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 03:21:42 PM »
just get the re-mastered

Still A G Thang (remastered) > Still A G Thang (OG)

MarshColin

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 04:54:10 PM »
I can say for sure that Dogg Food is worth getting the remastered. The mastering on Smooth always bugged me because it was such a dope song but it's mastering was shitty. I downloaded the remastered and Smooth sounds way better on there.

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 07:09:23 PM »
^Sounds dope..could you up the remastered version??

SO PRUP

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 07:37:17 PM »
as long as they don't take out any tracks

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 08:20:32 PM »
I have some remasters of Death Row albums but I left them back home but my cousin has the originals and honestly I cant tell a difference :-\

I dont think they could make the albums sound that much better than the originals that Dre did anyway

you kidding me??

technology in 2001 orw henever Death Row re-released all their shit was much better than in the early 90's.  the shit sounds much better in many cases.
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

NEMIISSICK

• Lil Geezy
  • QUALITY OVER QUANTITY
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 05:29:03 PM »
digital remastered if you plan to bump it in your car

original if its just for your stereo
co sign, it depends on where u gonna bump it tha most.
BANGN WESTCOAST BEATZ & MORE.......

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 06:34:39 PM »
i love anything in my stereo or on my computer

but in my car i hate songs that sound bad Q

my stereo isnt pimped out or anything, but its a 6 disc cd player with nice speakers and i can easily tell the difference if its bumping

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 12:30:15 AM »

you kidding me??

technology in 2001 orw henever Death Row re-released all their shit was much better than in the early 90's.  the shit sounds much better in many cases.

some death row remastered issues indeed sound a lot better ( like Doggystyle, the Chronic), but some only have minor improvements(Doggfather & Dogg food for example).

so Gotti's statement wasn't that far fetched

anyway, i can personally recommend the Regulate the G-Funk era remastered edition ;)

J Bananas

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 12:38:16 AM »
always get remastered.

unless you like hearing tape hiss or other problems you get with old (before 1990) recording equipment, always go for remastered. post production equipment these days can clean up pretty much anything so if you like a clean track you can bump really loud, always get the best version possible.

ThaPrince

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 02:57:15 AM »
thank you all for the help