Author Topic: Dubcnn: Ice Cube - Do Ya Thang [Off Raw Footage | Dirty/Clean/Instrumental MP3]  (Read 977 times)

Jcnn13

• Lil Geezy
can u post the acapella please?

I think I got the only acapella homie. ;D If you want it, then PM me & I'll send it to ya ;)

D~Nice

what about you D~Nice, how come you haven't dropped any feedback yet?  :o :banana_rock:  ;)
you're a big ice cube fan, and you like club bangers  :rock:  :D

This is status quo for Cube. The Peace disc was originally supposed to be a politically charged album and it ended up being club tracks and west coasted out. I think as much as Cube will not admit it. He likes making songs like this. We Be Clubbin opened up a whole new audience for him so I think he will revert back to making a track or 2 like this.

As for where it will fit on the album, that is yet to be seen. But I will not be surprised in the least if there are at least 2 or 3 more songs like this on the album. Track is cool to me but it fits LNCL more.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
   But yeah, like Dre Day said, if RAW FOOTAGE does ultimately end up being mostly issues/political types of songs, I wonder how a song like this is going to fit in. I mean, when Cube was doing interviews for LAUGH NOW, CRY LATER, he said ahead of time that that CD was going to be a mixture, w/ political/issues-type songs, street boasters, and lighter, (almost) club-type songs. Because of that, I was able to enjoy and accept songs like "Steal The Show" and "Holla @ Ya Boy" because they were expected. But he's been saying RAW FOOTAGE is going to be more politically-oriented than LNCL, so I don't know...maybe "Do Ya Thang" is intended to be the one "lighter" song on the CD to offer a break from the more serious stuff. We'll soon see...
PEACE!

what about you D~Nice, how come you haven't dropped any feedback yet?  :o :banana_rock:  ;)

This is status quo for Cube. The Peace disc was originally supposed to be a politically charged album and it ended up being club tracks and west coasted out. I think as much as Cube will not admit it. He likes making songs like this. We Be Clubbin opened up a whole new audience for him so I think he will revert back to making a track or 2 like this.

As for where it will fit on the album, that is yet to be seen. But I will not be surprised in the least if there are at least 2 or 3 more songs like this on the album. Track is cool to me but it fits LNCL more.

yeah he was just talking; being honest is clearly not Cube's strongest point  :P

sav-man

Yeah, actually, you just refreshed my memory...that was true w/ both WAR and PEACE! I remember back around 1997, WAR was announced as being all "street" (as Cube said at the time) and it ended up being mostly boss-baller mafioso-type stuff ("Don Mega") w/ a few political things towards the end (but I liked it, and still do--to me, WAR's like a "lost" gem today, in that it wasn't really appreciated in it's time). But yeah, I've often wondered about that, too, what you said about the possibility that Cube likes making those kinds of club songs here and there. Either that, or maybe it's a thing where even if he starts off w/ one musical plan, he's open to changing it if it looks like the audience might not be ready for certain types of songs. Either way, "Do Yo Thang" is cool, and as long as Cube does what he does on the rest of RAW FOOTAGE w/ some wit and banging beats, it's all good.

PEACE! 

Okka

Props, will take these. The Cube album is gonna be bangin.

The Predator

Propers on the swift instrumental add  8)

D~Nice

Yeah, actually, you just refreshed my memory...that was true w/ both WAR and PEACE! I remember back around 1997, WAR was announced as being all "street" (as Cube said at the time) and it ended up being mostly boss-baller mafioso-type stuff ("Don Mega") w/ a few political things towards the end (but I liked it, and still do--to me, WAR's like a "lost" gem today, in that it wasn't really appreciated in it's time). But yeah, I've often wondered about that, too, what you said about the possibility that Cube likes making those kinds of club songs here and there. Either that, or maybe it's a thing where even if he starts off w/ one musical plan, he's open to changing it if it looks like the audience might not be ready for certain types of songs. Either way, "Do Yo Thang" is cool, and as long as Cube does what he does on the rest of RAW FOOTAGE w/ some wit and banging beats, it's all good.

PEACE! 

Well put. But I would not mind seeing a concept album from Cube. I think he could pull it off. And yeah the War disc was street at times, Ghetto Vet, Pecking Order, etc. But his alter ego Don Mega took over on that. But yeah the War disc is a personal classic for me. Some of the best beats for 1 album I have heard in a loooong time.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

PEACE! 

Well put. But I would not mind seeing a concept album from Cube. I think he could pull it off.

i don't think so; he may be able to make a plan for it, but i really doubt he could bring it to life.

D~Nice

PEACE! 

Well put. But I would not mind seeing a concept album from Cube. I think he could pull it off.

i don't think so; he may be able to make a plan for it, but i really doubt he could bring it to life.

At this point in his career, no, never would happen. But I definitely think he could if he really put his mind to it. But at this point? Nope, never happen.

D~Nice

-Cube has pulled of a couple of concept albums (Death Certificate and Bow Down),so I can't see why he can't pull of again.
I mean albums like NWA´s Niggaz4Life is a concept album,but they fucked it up at the middle of it.  >:( :-\
But still managed to save it,you know.... so why can't Cube? it's only one track (so far)....
All the tracks on Niggaz4Life is top notch (musically),but those tracks in the middle fucked up the concept.
Then again who said Cube´s new album is a concept album?

For the record I hate Cube´s club style,but whenever my old ass go to club...
Cube´s club records get mad play,so what can I say... Action speaks loader than words...  :P :P :P :-\ :-\
So D-Nice got a valid point  :P

Yeah 1 track does not really change the concept of the album. It is COMPLETELY different then the 1st 2 that have been released. But I think people want to hear the politically charged Cube from his 1st 3 or 4 albums that when alot of them heard him say this album will tackle real issues, that it might be a conceptual album on that. The subject matter is there for Cube to do it, but I lean more towards Cube just making dope music the fans can enjoy.

D~Nice

-Cube has pulled of a couple of concept albums (Death Certificate and Bow Down),so I can't see why he can't pull of again.
I mean albums like NWA´s Niggaz4Life is a concept album,but they fucked it up at the middle of it.  >:( :-\
But still managed to save it,you know.... so why can't Cube? it's only one track (so far)....
All the tracks on Niggaz4Life is top notch (musically),but those tracks in the middle fucked up the concept.

Cube´s club records get mad play,so what can I say... Action speaks loader than words...  :P :P :P :-\ :-\

Yeah 1 track does not really change the concept of the album.
It is COMPLETELY different then the 1st 2 that have been released.
But I think people want to hear the politically charged Cube
from his 1st 3 or 4 albums that when alot of them heard him say this album will tackle real issues,
that it might be a conceptual album on that.
The subject matter is there for Cube to do it, but I lean more towards Cube just making dope music the fans can enjoy.

Sure,as I said before I just move on... and don´t hold a grudge  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I don´t think this is a conceptual album,and if there´s a couple of tracks that "don´t fit your taste" just skip them.
All the so called "classic albums" got a track or two that got to go,so hey chill....
Cube brought two heaters so far... (from this album,so I can live with this one  :P :P :P :P track)

But I see the point with contratictions..... but we ain´t A&R´s are we?  :laugh: :laugh:

Real talk. And yes the 2 tracks before this one were straight fire.

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
2 or three tracks ive heard so far are pure heat . imc oppin this
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

having a general theme for an album is not equal to a concept album.

as i said before, i don't think he can make a concept album ( hypothetically speaking)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
^^^ so what is a concept album? ^^^
in my opinion niggaz4life and death certificate is both concept albums... both went "off topic" at times but still.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concept_album

so if you still want to argue about the albums y'all mentioned then you've got to come with stronger arguments   ;)

But I see the point with contratictions..... but we ain´t A&R´s are we?  :laugh: :laugh:

so?

Cube's the one that brought it up, so no suprise that he gets criticised for it  :bandit:  ;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 10:24:32 AM by Dre-Day »

Chad Vader

Cube´s club records get mad play,so what can I say... Action speaks louder than words...  :P :P :P :-\ :-\

having a general theme for an album is not equal to a concept album.
as i said before, i don't think he can make a concept album ( hypothetically speaking)

^^^ so what is a concept album? ^^^
in my opinion niggaz4life and death certificate is both concept albums... both went "off topic" at times but still.
so if you still want to argue about the albums y'all mentioned then you've got to come with stronger arguments   ;)

Problems with defining a concept album

In the contemporary rock era (from 1966 onwards - the point at which critics started to differentiate between "pop music" and "rock music" as a more serious form), there were, broadly speaking, two types of concept album: those that were essentially thematically-linked song cycles such, which did not claim a storyline, and those that presented a narrative that threaded the songs. Music critics of that era did not usually distinguish between the two types of concept album. An album that met either criterion was commonly referred to as a concept album. However, the distinction between the two types of concept album is important to note in respect to claims that are made as to which album may have been the first concept album in the rock era. Given this legitimate distinction, there are probably several contenders in each genre.

Another difficulty in classifying whether a given album qualifies as a concept album arises from the fact that both musicians and their listeners, through the rock era, increasingly viewed the record album as a unified art form, not simply a collection of songs. Songs on many albums may have a certain sense of cohesion even if there is no unifying lyrical theme or narrative structure. That sense of cohesion may be imposed simply by the particular lyrical or musical concerns of a composer or group of composers at the time a record was recorded. Thus, many albums that cannot genuinely be labeled concept albums in a strict sense get so designated by their fans. The album OK Computer by Radiohead is an example of this tendency. In each of these cases, there was no intention by the performers to produce an actual concept album. Some albums without any single theme or narrative structure may nonetheless have a deliberate structure in which the order in which the songs are heard expresses a particular artistic intention. Such an album, or other collection of songs, may be best viewed as a song cycle, a broader notion, with roots in classical music, that may encompass many concept albums.

But I see the point with contradictions..... but we ain't A&R´s are we?  :laugh: :laugh:

so?
Cube's the one that brought it up, so no suprise that he gets criticised for it  :bandit:  ;)

I said;
But I see the point with contradictions.....

;) ;) ;)
So yes,Cube's the one that brought it up and like most artists/people they make mistakes  :P ;)
If you go back and check rap albums released in the late 80´s they all had a dance track at the end.  :P
(EPMD,Queen Latifah even NWA  :P)
But fuck it,I managed to skip that track and pretend it wasn't there  :P :P :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 02:09:01 PM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »