Author Topic: Dubcnn: Ice Cube - Do Ya Thang [Off Raw Footage | Dirty/Clean/Instrumental MP3]  (Read 976 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

But I see the point with contradictions..... but we ain't A&R´s are we?  :laugh: :laugh:

so?
Cube's the one that brought it up, so no suprise that he gets criticised for it  :bandit:  ;)

I said;
But I see the point with contradictions.....

;) ;) ;)
So yes,Cube's the one that brought it up and like most artists/people they make mistakes  :P ;)

yeah but we're not talking about a little mistake here; it's not the first time that Cube talks shit.

Chad Vader

But I see the point with contradictions..... but we ain't A&R´s are we?  :laugh: :laugh:

so?
Cube's the one that brought it up, so no suprise that he gets criticised for it  :bandit:  ;)

I said;

;) ;) ;)
So yes,Cube's the one that brought it up and like most artists/people they make mistakes  :P ;)

yeah but we're not talking about a little mistake here; it's not the first time that Cube talks shit.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
So all his (previous) mistakes should make or break this album?
You´re crazy  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

so?

I said;

;) ;) ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
So all his (previous) mistakes should make or break this album?
You´re crazy  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

no but it feeds my skeptism  ;)

the only reason i initially changed my mind was because Cube dropped it takes a nation, after gangsta rap made me do it.

so i thought he was really heading for a RAW direction.

but now that this new track dropped i'm back to my earlier skeptism "mode"  ;)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^^ so what is a concept album? ^^^
in my opinion niggaz4life and death certificate is both concept albums... both went "off topic" at times but still.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concept_album

so if you still want to argue about the albums y'all mentioned then you've got to come with stronger arguments   ;)

^^ Quoting from the above wikipedia link:

"Concept albums are considered de rigueur in the progressive rock genre of the 1970s, hence the name of the genre itself. Most notably, Pink Floyd recast itself from its 1960s guise as a quirky psychedelic band into a commercial mega-success with its classic series of concept albums, beginning with The Dark Side of the Moon in 1973, then Wish You Were Here from 1975, Animals from 1977, 1979's rock opera The Wall and its lesser-known follow-up The Final Cut in 1983, with Roger Waters behind the themes and storylines. The Dark Side Of The Moon meets the criteria and is generally referred to as a concept album, but the band members have questioned this."

Chad Vader quoted the following from the same wikipedia link:

"In the contemporary rock era (from 1966 onwards - the point at which critics started to differentiate between "pop music" and "rock music" as a more serious form), there were, broadly speaking, two types of concept album: those that were essentially thematically-linked song cycles such, which did not claim a storyline, and those that presented a narrative that threaded the songs."

In which case Pink Floyd's Animals album partially embodied both types of concepts as defined by wiki in that it had a thematically-linked song cycle as well as a narrative that threaded the songs together with an underlying storyline, however subtle it may seem.  It wouldn't hurt if wiki added a 3rd type of concept album, which should just point to the Pink Floyd Animals album.  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animals_(album)

"Animals is a concept album, based on the flaws of capitalism. Various castes in society are represented as different types of animals (Dogs as the businessmen, Sheep as the powerless pawns, and Pigs as the ruthless leaders). Although this album mainly attacks capitalism, several components are similar to George Orwell's novel "Animal Farm": In the book various animals (mainly pigs, sheep, dogs, etc.) represent different roles assumed by individuals in a communist society."

"The three core songs are bookended by a pair of love songs written by Waters for his then-wife Caroline "Pigs on the Wing, Part 1" and "Pigs on the Wing, Part 2". Both are in stark contrast to the misanthropic middle three songs, and suggest that companionship can help us overcome our flaws – though the final lines suggest that the singer is or was once one of the dogs."

Pink Floyd - Animals lyrics: http://www.pink-floyd-lyrics.com/html/animals-lyrics.html
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 05:30:24 AM by pootypooty »