Poll

Who wins?

Lakers
36 (55.4%)
Celtics
29 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics  (Read 15428 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics
« Reply #225 on: June 09, 2008, 12:25:40 AM »
^ to what point? the officiating?

I don't know what M Dogg was referring to.

It was a quote from another thread referencing the game deciding missed call in San Antonio that put the Lakers up 3-1. I'm just curious where this sentiment has disappeared to now that the shoe is on the other foot (not in reality, but in the perception of the majority of the Laker fans here).

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2008, 12:28:36 AM »

It was a quote from another thread referencing the game deciding missed call in San Antonio that put the Lakers up 3-1. I'm just curious where this sentiment has disappeared to now that the shoe is on the other foot (not in reality, but in the perception of the majority of the Laker fans here).

well.... I can see why you would use that as an "shoe-on-the-other-foot" argument, but we are not talking about a call here with 2 seconds. this was a through-out the game thing.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #227 on: June 09, 2008, 12:51:46 AM »

well.... I can see why you would use that as an "shoe-on-the-other-foot" argument, but we are not talking about a call here with 2 seconds. this was a through-out the game thing.

I watched the same game everybody else did but I didn't see officiating any worse than it usually is. Some calls were missed, some calls were wrong, but there was absolutely nothing I saw to point to any bias.

WestCoasta

« Reply #228 on: June 09, 2008, 12:56:36 AM »
^  what are you blind?

I've talked to a hundred people since the game ended

Laker fan or not they all mentioned the officiating

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #229 on: June 09, 2008, 12:59:40 AM »

I watched the same game everybody else did but I didn't see officiating any worse than it usually is. Some calls were missed, some calls were wrong, but there was absolutely nothing I saw to point to any bias.

I saw something of a 36-6 difference in the freethrow shooting alone.... maybe your Tivo caught last thursdays game?  8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #230 on: June 09, 2008, 04:30:26 AM »
Boston won.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #231 on: June 09, 2008, 04:58:41 AM »

Naw man, it was really HORRIBLE and you can't compare those 2 games with the SAS-LAL one. In that one the refs made a controversial (non) call at the end. In this one they killed us from the first minute. It's different.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #232 on: June 09, 2008, 05:03:51 AM »
That said, Phil Jackson does agree with me.

"I kept telling the team, we played as poorly as we could possibly play for two and a half quarters,'' said Lakers coach Phil Jackson after Boston won 108-102 Sunday to take a 2-0 lead in the Finals. "We just can't play any worse than this.''

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #233 on: June 09, 2008, 05:42:22 AM »
Shit has hit the fan now..
Laker's either win 3 in a row, or back to Boston and wait for it....

L.A. has no fire to win, letting this team (Boston) beat them with journeymen player's. (Posey, Cassell & Powe)
If the Lakers want to win, they sure have not showed it besides playing 7 good minutes last night.
Game 1 & 2 were the worst games the L's have played all season.

either take it to the hole, or pass it to someone that will.
fuck the "calls" that's just an excuse, Win or go home.
(If Boston wins this at Staples, it would be a slap in the FUCKEN face...)

The Laker's I seen all this season, should not lose to this Boston team.
I don't know who the fuck those dude's in Purple & Gold out there are?

8) good I feel better now!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #234 on: June 09, 2008, 08:15:53 AM »
The Lakers defense was amazingly bad at times. The one time when Powe's big ass drove to the rim like he was LeBron James on a fast break, and 3-4 Lakers standing there doing virutally nothing was just crazy. At first I thought the whistle was already blown for something off-ball and he just went to make the basket for fun or he didn't hear it  -  that's how passive the Laker defense looked there.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Corporate Hustler

« Reply #235 on: June 09, 2008, 09:02:01 AM »
The Lakers defense was amazingly bad at times. The one time when Powe's big ass drove to the rim like he was LeBron James on a fast break, and 3-4 Lakers standing there doing virutally nothing was just crazy. At first I thought the whistle was already blown for something off-ball and he just went to make the basket for fun or he didn't hear it  -  that's how passive the Laker defense looked there.

lol real talk

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #236 on: June 09, 2008, 09:49:01 AM »
anyone crying over this knows nothing about playoff basketball.

Sorry, Turf...but you're using the quote in the completely wrong context. Playoff basketball is not about officiating on only one side of the court to a noticeable extent. 38 free throws to 10, Turf. 38-10. I'm not buying it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #237 on: June 09, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »
^  what are you blind?

I've talked to a hundred people since the game ended

Laker fan or not they all mentioned the officiating

LMAO. seriously. Turf is something else.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #238 on: June 09, 2008, 10:09:28 AM »
It might be cookies for the Lakers......
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #239 on: June 09, 2008, 10:23:38 AM »

on the flipside... does an amazing defense give up 41 points in the final quarter?