Author Topic: League acknowledges Spurs' Barry was fouled  (Read 551 times)

GangstaBoogy

League acknowledges Spurs' Barry was fouled
« on: May 28, 2008, 11:20:22 PM »
And you guys wonder why we say the league doesn't like the Lakers...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3416412

:puke:
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: League acknowledges Spurs' Barry was fouled
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 11:26:19 PM »
 ;) it was a foul..
Game is over now, time to move on.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 12:09:08 AM »
LOL obviously the league admitted it was a foul,  it was the most blatant foul I have ever seen,  Barry should of had 3 free throws,  Spurs deserved to win,  LA got away w/ murder,  Stern doesn't want Spurs to be in Finals again and it has really shown.

DIP DIP SET SET

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 12:51:00 AM »
oh my god. fact, the refs let players get away with murder at the end of the game. who remembers Reggie Millers push off on Michael Jordan. also, the refs balance themselves out, if they feel that they aren't calling enough one way (i.e. Kobe not getting to the ft line even though he was getting fouled) then they'll let things slide the other way. anyone crying over this knows nothing about playoff basketball.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 06:48:41 AM »
LOL they dont hate the lakers, it clearly was a foul
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 07:31:29 AM »
LOL obviously the league admitted it was a foul,  it was the most blatant foul I have ever seen,  Barry should of had 3 free throws,  Spurs deserved to win,  LA got away w/ murder,  Stern doesn't want Spurs to be in Finals again and it has really shown.

3 free throws? please watch the play or AT LEAST read the article before commenting.

and to quote myself from the other topic...

Any of yall see Jim Rome talk about the whiners who think Brent should have gotten the foul call?

nobody can ever complain in favor of the spurs as they wouldnt even have been in that scenario without the ref assistance in the first place. odom's block on parker was clean, not a goaltend. manu's foot was on the line, his 3 shoulda been counted as a 2. fish's shot hit the rim, shot clock should have been reset which woulda forced spurs to foul lakers.

and on top of that, if brent barry was to get the foul call, it would have been a regular on-ball foul as opposed to a shooting foul, since instead of leaning into fisher and takin the shot, he put the ball on the floor and dribbled away from the contact first. now i KNOW barry didnt think he was gonna get no damn on-ball foul call with 2 seconds left to play. especially if the league mvp kobe bryant couldnt get a single foul call the ENTIRE FUCKIN game

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 07:37:56 AM »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 09:21:16 AM »

of course , they want Boston vs la no one wants to s.a vs detroit.Ill even admit to thaT

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 10:08:27 AM »
S.A. still got outplayed the entire game.
if they deserved to win they should have never been in that situation.

It was a foul, they didn't call it. GAME OVER!
unless today's game start's with Barry at the the free throw line getting the extra shot's.
it don't matter, it still would not have helped the fact that the Spurs have their backs against the wall.

Lakers are out playing them.
all them experts & fans talking about it don't matter.
fact is it's 3-1.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 10:18:10 AM »

You've gotta be joking me, right? Your basketball analysis is so fucking off, it's unbelievable. LOL. First of all, even if it was a foul, Barry wasn't in the act of shooting (he took a dribble after the bump), so it woulda been two free throws. Second of all, the whole game (which you probably didn't even watch) was called in the Spurs favor. Kobe didn't take one free throw the entire game! Fishers shot hit the rim on the last Laker possession, yet they never reseted the shot-clock. Had that been called the right way, the Spurs woulda needed to foul, and the game woulda' been over then and there. They weren't even supposed to be in that position to begin with. Third of all, Barry traveled on the play right before he was bumped. And even if he didn't, he shouldn't have purposely avoided the contact the way he did. Everyone and their mama knows that refs don't like deciding games. When he got his man up in the air, he shoulda went up aggressively and taken the contact instead of ducking his head. He shoulda' forced the refs to make that call that they don't typically make. But regardless, the Spurs shouldn't have been in that position to begin with. I can't believe you think the Spurs deserved to win! LMFAO. Even the Spurs don't think that, which is why they aren't complaining...get a fuckin clue...PeACe
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 10:21:16 AM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 10:18:36 AM »
anyone crying over this knows nothing about playoff basketball.

Point blank.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 10:18:58 AM »

Did you watch the whole game? LOL.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 11:29:39 AM »

I agree, it was. It wasn't a shooting foul but it was a foul.

But I say they don't like the Lakers because...how often does the league come out and admit they were wrong? They didn't mention that Fisher's shot clanked the side of the rim before going out of bounds.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 12:52:31 PM »
What's the deal? It was a foul.

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 04:04:52 PM »

You're a dumbfuck...he wasn't even in the act of shooting.