Author Topic: Why Is Not Showing Mercy Considered Classless?  (Read 1141 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Why Is Not Showing Mercy Considered Classless?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 03:47:09 PM »
It's okay AFTER the game, not during...Some of you need to grow up and learn the difference between tasteless and respectable. Nobody said the Celtics shoulda stopped playing, but these dudes were still literally going out of their way, going for NBA Jam dunks and forcing threes until the closing seconds...and against a crushed team, a team who had just lost all its spirit by that point...YOU DONT DO THAT. Seriously, who shoots for a 40 point victory? If a mouse is already dead, do you sadistically continue to play with it and knock it around? They didn't win with pride and didn't have enough carriage to respect their opponent. that's all...If you think it is okay to showboat when you're up by 30 in the closing minutes, when the game is clearly out of reach, get help...PeACe

"YOU DONT DO THAT!!! THEY WERE CRUSHED AND HURT!!! MY POOR WIDDLE KOBE WAS SAD AND THEY MADE HIM SADDER!!!"

DIS NIGGA ACTIN LIKE HE CAN FEEL KOBES PAIN N SHIT. HE CANT HATE ON THE CELTICS GAME AND RAN OUT OF MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE SORRY ASS LAKERS WHO GOT BLOWN THE FUCK OUT, SO NOW HE TRYIN TO ATTACK CELTIC PLAYERS CHARACTER. IF THEY HAVE THE BALL WHAT THE FUCK YOU EXPECT EM TO DO WITH IT IF RAY ALLEN IS WIDE OPEN CUZ LAKERS CANT PLAY DEFENSE AND SOMEONE PASSES HIM THE BALL YOU EXPECT HIM TO BE LIKE NAH IM NOT GONNA SHOOT CUZ WERE WINNING I'LL JUST LET THE SHOT CLOCK RUN OUT EVEN THOUGH THERES 6 MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME. NO NIGGA THAT MOTHERFUCKA IS GONNA SHOOT THE BALL AND HES GONNA DRAIN THAT SHIT. BLAME THE LAKERS FOR NOT SHOWING UP TO PLAY D.

You're not too bright, are ya?

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 03:51:56 PM »
At least if you don't wanna admit it's classless, just chalk it up as being young and dumb.

You seriously find nothing wrong with pouring Gatorade all up on the court with 3 mins left in the ballgame? LOL. I guess you yourself don't even know what class is... :-\

I guess should have expected you to dance around the question without answering it and resort to ad-hominem attacks (very classy, I must admit). Are you going to attempt to explain your reasoning behind your stance that winning by a large margin and not letting up simply because your competition is inferior? Again, don't even take the game last night into account as this is not really even about the game.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 04:14:57 PM »
Can anybody explain this logically?

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 04:16:12 PM »
It's okay AFTER the game, not during...Some of you need to grow up and learn the difference between tasteless and respectable. Nobody said the Celtics shoulda stopped playing, but these dudes were still literally going out of their way, going for NBA Jam dunks and forcing threes until the closing seconds...and against a crushed team, a team who had just lost all its spirit by that point...YOU DONT DO THAT. Seriously, who shoots for a 40 point victory? If a mouse is already dead, do you sadistically continue to play with it and knock it around? They didn't win with pride and didn't have enough carriage to respect their opponent. that's all...If you think it is okay to showboat when you're up by 30 in the closing minutes, when the game is clearly out of reach, get help...PeACe

"YOU DONT DO THAT!!! THEY WERE CRUSHED AND HURT!!! MY POOR WIDDLE KOBE WAS SAD AND THEY MADE HIM SADDER!!!"

DIS NIGGA ACTIN LIKE HE CAN FEEL KOBES PAIN N SHIT. HE CANT HATE ON THE CELTICS GAME AND RAN OUT OF MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE SORRY ASS LAKERS WHO GOT BLOWN THE FUCK OUT, SO NOW HE TRYIN TO ATTACK CELTIC PLAYERS CHARACTER. IF THEY HAVE THE BALL WHAT THE FUCK YOU EXPECT EM TO DO WITH IT IF RAY ALLEN IS WIDE OPEN CUZ LAKERS CANT PLAY DEFENSE AND SOMEONE PASSES HIM THE BALL YOU EXPECT HIM TO BE LIKE NAH IM NOT GONNA SHOOT CUZ WERE WINNING I'LL JUST LET THE SHOT CLOCK RUN OUT EVEN THOUGH THERES 6 MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME. NO NIGGA THAT MOTHERFUCKA IS GONNA SHOOT THE BALL AND HES GONNA DRAIN THAT SHIT. BLAME THE LAKERS FOR NOT SHOWING UP TO PLAY D.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

TOWELIE SAYS WHEN YOU'RE CRYING A RIVER CUZ YOUR TEAM GOT SLAUGHTERED IN THE FINALS, DONT FORGET TO BRING A TOWEL

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 04:18:04 PM »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

TOWELIE SAYS WHEN YOU'RE CRYING A RIVER CUZ YOUR TEAM GOT SLAUGHTERED IN THE FINALS, DONT FORGET TO BRING A TOWEL

LMAO damn...

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 04:23:52 PM »
he doesnt like it cuz he wants the lakers to get treated like lil girls tee ball(where he still plays), where if your gettin exposed for succin a lot more than the other team then they feel bad and stop the game.

kobe and nik the jew are both like lil girls in that they scream and cry when shiet aint go there way cuzz, and they pout and get mad at everyone but theyselves, so of course they wanna have the celtics go easy on them for being girls.

too bad for them the celtics aitn full of soft euros, those niggas straight saw blood and smacced a bitch.

the jew cant handle that, he's losin his mind that somebody would actually embarrass his hero, so he's bitchin about it.

if u dont wanna get smashed on, step up and play better, but just like u saw kobe beg phil to take him out, the lakers followed their 'leader' and gave up.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 04:31:09 PM »

hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 04:35:57 PM »
At least if you don't wanna admit it's classless, just chalk it up as being young and dumb.

You seriously find nothing wrong with pouring Gatorade all up on the court with 3 mins left in the ballgame? LOL. I guess you yourself don't even know what class is... :-\

I guess should have expected you to dance around the question without answering it and resort to ad-hominem attacks (very classy, I must admit). Are you going to attempt to explain your reasoning behind your stance that winning by a large margin and not letting up simply because your competition is inferior? Again, don't even take the game last night into account as this is not really even about the game.

I already explained it many times...You beat someones ass=okay. You beat their ass and keep stomping their head in while they're out cold=classless. Real life applies to sports...it's just the way it is, man. Anyone who was brought up with respect will understand this.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 04:38:18 PM »

I already explained it many times...You beat someones ass=okay. You beat their ass and keep stomping their head in while they're out cold=classless. Real life applies to sports...it's just the way it is, man. Anyone who was brought up with respect will understand this.

maybe the celtics read your stupid quote in my signature and got a little inspired?
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 04:57:02 PM »

That does not suffice as an explanation. That doesn't even explain your position. So what you're saying is that you should not do your best if you are vastly superior to your competition? Is Carl Lewis breaking an Olympic world record by a large margin considered classless? Should he not perform to his ability just because he's killin everybody else? It has nothing to do with respect. If you respect your opponent and their ability, then you in fact DO NOT let up, especially when you KNOW they are capable of going on a huge run (down 24 and cutting it to 2 near the end of the game). Professionals get paid millions to perform at their optimum level. So how do you reconcile playing to your ability and playing down to the level of your competition?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 05:12:34 PM by Turf Hitta »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 05:41:16 PM »
hes used to playing t-ball with the mercy rule

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 05:46:08 PM »

That does not suffice as an explanation. That doesn't even explain your position. So what you're saying is that you should not do your best if you are vastly superior to your competition? Is Carl Lewis breaking an Olympic world record by a large margin considered classless? Should he not perform to his ability just because he's killin everybody else? It has nothing to do with respect. If you respect your opponent and their ability, then you in fact DO NOT let up, especially when you KNOW they are capable of going on a huge run (down 24 and cutting it to 2 near the end of the game). Professionals get paid millions to perform at their optimum level. So how do you reconcile playing to your ability and playing down to the level of your competition?

I never said not to play to your ability... but when it's over you don't keep padding the lead...it's just not sportsmanlike behavior...never has been, never will be.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 05:57:21 PM »

I never said not to play to your ability... but when it's over you don't keep padding the lead...it's just not sportsmanlike behavior...never has been, never will be.

I'm getting conflicting ideas here. Do you play to your ability or do you play to make your opponent feel less embarrassed? It is not the duty of the winners to wave the white flag if the beating is too serious.

Shifting back to the game for an example: If it was over as you say, then why do you have a problem with Doc Rivers getting the Gatorade poured on him before time expired? You say it was over. If it was time for Boston to quit playing then what the fuck do you or anybody else care if there was Gatorade on the floor?

Anyway, the original question has still not been answered. Explain your reasoning, not just a cookie cutter response of "It's classless" or "its unsportsmanlike." What is it about imposing your will that is tasteless in an event that romanticizes athletes who impose their will? Isn't that what the people pay to see? Was it classless the way Lennox Lewis completely dismantled Mike Tyson? He didn't have to pick him apart like that for as long as he did, did he? Should he have just quit fighting as well as he could have because Tyson was clearly going to lose? Ray Allen is widely regarded as one of the classiest guys the NBA has ever seen. I sure saw him making a lot of shots "when it was already over" for such a classy guy. LOL

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 06:01:12 PM »
i didn't see yesterday as classless and i wanted the lakers to win... more like the lakers got spanked and there was too much time still left on the clock so they just kept playing... yeah they were celebrating and shit... thats expected... and the whole Gatorade thing i think was done because that shit was OVER!... which really doesn't Happen in the NBA especially a close out game in the finals.... there was a couple of minutes left and up by 30 something so it was as sure thing... usually there is still a chance in a game so no one does that so they dont look stupid... i was really happy for Garnett.  loved the fact at how he said "This is for SODA" staying true like he always was... loyal.

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 06:16:06 PM »
LMAO DIS NIGGA IS HILARIOUS HATING ON THE CELTICS FOR WHOOPING THE LAKERS SORRY ASSES.

IF THERES 5 MINUTES ON THE CLOCK, THERE ARE 5 LAKER PLAYERS, ZERO OF THEM PLAYING DEFENSE, SO RAY ALLEN IS WIDE OPEN, SOMEONE PASSES HIM THE BALL, THE SHOT CLOCK IS RUNNING DOWN... WHAT THE FUCK YOU EXPECT HIM TO DO? HAND IT TO ODOM? NIGGA GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE. HE TOOK A SHOT AND PUT 3 MORE POINTS ON THE BOARD FOR HIS TEAM. CAN YOU BLAME HIM? SHOULD HE BE LIKE THE LAKER PLAYERS AND NOT MAKE THE SHOT? SHOULD HE HAVE BRICKED IT LIKE KOBE DID OVER AND OVER? SHOULD HE HAVE JUST THROWN IT OUT OF BOUNCE? NAH NIGGE HE GONNA KEEP DRAINING EM, HE DONT CARE IF KOBE BRYANT IS SITTING THERE CRYING HIS EYES OUT TO PHIL JACKSON CALLING HIM CLASSLESS.

"PHIL WHY ARE THEY STILL SCORING ON US? THEY'RE SO CLASSLESS!!!"

NIGGA DO YOU CALL KOBE DROPPING 81 ON THE RAPTORS CLASSLESS AS WELL? FUCK THAT SHIT NIGGA. WHEN SOMEONE BROUGHT UP KOBE BEING A DICK TO HIS TEAM MEMBERS YOU SAID THAT THESE GUYS ARE MEN AND NOT LIL BITCHES. THIS IS THE NBA FINALS. THEY CAN UNDERSTAND. SORRY YOU HAD TO LOSE SLEEP OVER THIS.