Author Topic: Q About Suge Knight  (Read 1967 times)

Johnny B

Re: Q About Suge Knight
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2008, 06:32:31 PM »
offer Suge some food for the tracks.

D-Stress

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2008, 01:13:24 AM »
I Donīt Get It Why He Donīt Release That Dope Albums By Sneed,Flexx,Redrum,Gina Longo,Bloody Mary,etc.

love33

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2008, 06:17:25 PM »
Suge still has a ton of that unreleased material, best believe.  That auction was for all the RELEASED DEATH ROW material and 20 UNRELEASED TUPAC TRACKS.  He has all that unreleased Dr. Dre, Lefteye, Dr. Dre, more Tupac that he's keeping to himself, Top Dogg, Eastwood, Crooked I, OFTB, DJ Quik, Tha Realest, Snoop, Dogg Pound, Soopafly, Hammer, Tha Gang, Warren G.  Shit I could go on all day.  He just didn't include it in the auction and since there is NO DEMAND for it like some of the posters said that it wouldn't be worth the money that it costs to press it and release it on cd.

I think the best we could do is see the best of these tracks pop up on a future compilation on his new label.  Except for the Tupac material, he can always play it off and say "Crooked I just recorded this track" and throw it on a compilation and really it's a track from 2001.

Does anyone notice that none of the Lisa "Lefteye" Lopez tracks were included in that auction? old Dr. Dre tracks from OG Chronic 2000? Cash Money & Death Row tracks? Murder Inc and Death Row tracks? Unreleased Snoop albums? DMX's unreleased TGFR track, etc. Because they weren't part of the auction and they aren't in demand so Suge just shoved them under his pillow and when he comes out with this new label he might be able to make some business moves.

Most of the artists except for the dead ones, Snoop, and Dr. Dre, he could release the album and say they just freshly recorded it cause no judge or lawyer would ever be able to prove it or tell the difference if it's new or old.  And he had a lot more than 20 Tupac tracks, please believe.  That's compareable to him giving a few to Afeni in 1997 when he was sitting on 100's.  I read an interview with The Source in 2002 where he said he has enough material for 12 more Tupac albums, tons of unreleased material that nobody has even heard, but he won't release it because he didn't think it was Pac at his best.

Holla back.
  Where are you getting this information from? When you file for bankruptcy, they generally auction off all your assets. If Suge owes money that he can't pay back, why would they let him keep all of that unreleased material whether they knew its value or not? I'll admit that I don't know all the details of Suge's situation but I just don't see why they would ever let him do that. I don't think it would be that easy to just hide all this material and put it out later. He might be able to cut deals with underground labels and bootleggers but it would be very difficult for him to put out this material on his own without someone catching on. Another road block is promotion. If he can't promote the music as "Death Row vault material" then it's not nearly as valuable.

The courts don't know he has any unreleased material except for they knew he had Tupac tracks.  Where did all these Lefteye tracks go that Suge has that people were beggin him to release after she passed away? Where did all these unreleased Above The Law, OFTB, Top Dogg, Crooked I, Eastwood, Tha Realest, Soopafly, Dr. Dre unreleased cuts that were supposed to be on the OG Chronic 2000 ("Inside Out Compilation")??

Suge is sleepin on that please believe.  No court can make you auction off something they don't know about or know you own.  Plus, that auction was for the RELEASED material and 20 unreleased Tupac tracks -- not all the other material.  The released material is primarily what the auction was for.  So my question is Suge planning on throwing a few of the tracks on future compilations -- for example, he could throw "Middle Finger Music" (the Crooked I 'Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy' 2001 Snoop diss) on a compilation with his new artist and no judge would even be able to prove that it was recorded before the auction.  The only one they could prove that for is Pac because obviously he is gone.

So I'm asking did Suge destroy this material, give it back to the artists, or is he planning on releasing a few of the tracks when his label gets off the ground?

D-Stress

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2008, 02:58:32 AM »
2Pac And DPG Ainīt The Only Ones That I Like On Death Row.They Were All Dope.
Most of the people you talk about,
is people with some potential,nothing more,nothing less... 

You Want To Say That Besides Dre/DPG/2Pac They All Wack? ::) ???
I Know Were No Big Names But The Music Was Tight.

Chad Vader

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2008, 04:33:21 AM »

You're basicilly saying that Besides Dre,DPG and 2Pac they're all Wak? ::) ???

Yes,that's what I'm saying  ;)
They might had some potential,but nothing to go crazy over.  ;)
So again the few things that would be interesting to hear would be;
-Chronic leftovers
-Doggystyle leftovers
-The tracks recorded for Helter Skelter
-The material Crooked I and Above The Law recorded while on Death Row.

Most if not all of the Snoop,DPG and Pac material that is worth something has been released or leaked (to my knowledge).  ;)

How come no one is bugging Tomica about all the shit in the Ruthless vault?
According to Ren (the formula interview),there's mad leftovers from the Niggaz4life sessions.
For all we know there might be mad leftovers from Above The Law,Eazy and Ren in the Ruthless vault too.  :P ;)

D-Stress

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2008, 04:57:23 AM »
But Iīm Also Interessted In, Other Peopleīs Material, Not Just DPG & 2Pac.
I Luv That Death Row Sound.

P.S. I Still Donīt Know Who In B-Rezell Was, I Know It Was Hurt-Em-Badd, LT Hutton, who else?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 04:59:47 AM by Ed Capo »

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2008, 05:39:30 AM »
I Donīt Get It Why He Donīt Release That Dope Albums By Sneed,Flexx,Redrum,Gina Longo,Bloody Mary,etc.

lmao, you realise she only recorded an album because she was the daughter of one of Death Row's lawyers? i doubt very much that Suge, or anyone would have ever released that album...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2008, 05:43:17 AM »

-Chronic leftovers
-Doggystyle leftovers

Most if not all of the Snoop,DPG and Pac material that is worth something has been released or leaked (to my knowledge).  ;)

+ there may be some dope stuff from Sam Sneed.

According to Ren (the formula interview),there's mad leftovers from the Niggaz4life sessions.
For all we know there might be mad leftovers from Above The Law,Eazy and Ren in the Ruthless vault too.  :P ;)[/color]

well what happened with Ruthless Records, wasn't it supposed to come back this year?  :D

D-Stress

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2008, 05:45:49 AM »

lmao, you realise she only recorded an album because she was the daughter of one of Death Row's lawyers? i doubt very much that Suge, or anyone would have ever released that album...

i know that.

recorded an album that never got released :rolleyes: why the fuck did she sign to the label if they album never see the daylight?why did suge sign her or other artists with no album?

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2008, 05:49:08 AM »

i know that.

recorded an album that never got released :rolleyes: why the fuck did she sign to the label if they album never see the daylight?why did suge sign her or other artists with no album?

i explained that in my post above. do you read the posts on this forum or do you just skim through them?

D-Stress

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2008, 06:39:30 AM »
^ do you maen the "how the fuck we know" comment?:D

Chad Vader

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2008, 06:59:11 AM »

-Chronic leftovers
-Doggystyle leftovers

+ there may be some dope stuff from Sam Sneed.

For all we know there might be mad leftovers from Above The Law,Eazy and Ren in the Ruthless vault too.  :P ;)

well what happened with Ruthless Records, wasn't it supposed to come back this year?  :D

I believe I read something about that,but I really donīt care.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2008, 01:02:24 PM »
The courts don't know he has any unreleased material except for they knew he had Tupac tracks.  Where did all these Lefteye tracks go that Suge has that people were beggin him to release after she passed away? Where did all these unreleased Above The Law, OFTB, Top Dogg, Crooked I, Eastwood, Tha Realest, Soopafly, Dr. Dre unreleased cuts that were supposed to be on the OG Chronic 2000 ("Inside Out Compilation")??

Suge is sleepin on that please believe.  No court can make you auction off something they don't know about or know you own.  Plus, that auction was for the RELEASED material and 20 unreleased Tupac tracks -- not all the other material.  The released material is primarily what the auction was for.  So my question is Suge planning on throwing a few of the tracks on future compilations -- for example, he could throw "Middle Finger Music" (the Crooked I 'Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy' 2001 Snoop diss) on a compilation with his new artist and no judge would even be able to prove that it was recorded before the auction.  The only one they could prove that for is Pac because obviously he is gone.

So I'm asking did Suge destroy this material, give it back to the artists, or is he planning on releasing a few of the tracks when his label gets off the ground?

I would guess that if they have the money to buy the entire Death Row catalog, they probably have some very good legal people to take count of what they own. Like I said, you might be right about it being just for "released" material but I have never read any article that can clarify that. I have no doubt that Suge has some of the Death Row material put away but legally releasing it is going to be difficult. If he's going to put Death Row material out on a legit album, he is going to need to produce publishing records which will indicate who wrote what, produced what, studio it was recorded at, etc. It's one thing to do the mixtapes and these independent street albums but if you go business with a major label or distributor, they will want to know that you have legal ownership of the music before they even touch it. They don't want a lawsuit.

Putting out Crooked I music I think would actually be one of the easier artists to disspell. For starters, Crook owns his publishing. He'd want to be paid. From what I hear, he blocked the FTPE release from happening so chances are he'd have his lawyers on that. It doesn't take a legal genius to figure out that a song where Crooked I is dissing Snoop and claiming Death Row probably wasn't recorded in 2008.

Maybe Suge has his ways of doing it and if so, I'd be the first in line to buy one but you have to figure that if he didn't put this stuff out when he legally had the rights to it and could promote it any way he wanted, he's probably not gonna put money behind doing it when he'd have to keep it on the low and work around it.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2008, 01:18:26 PM »

I would guess that if they have the money to buy the entire Death Row catalog, they probably have some very good legal people to take count of what they own. Like I said, you might be right about it being just for "released" material but I have never read any article that can clarify that. I have no doubt that Suge has some of the Death Row material put away but legally releasing it is going to be difficult. If he's going to put Death Row material out on a legit album, he is going to need to produce publishing records which will indicate who wrote what, produced what, studio it was recorded at, etc. It's one thing to do the mixtapes and these independent street albums but if you go business with a major label or distributor, they will want to know that you have legal ownership of the music before they even touch it. They don't want a lawsuit.

Putting out Crooked I music I think would actually be one of the easier artists to disspell. For starters, Crook owns his publishing. He'd want to be paid. From what I hear, he blocked the FTPE release from happening so chances are he'd have his lawyers on that. It doesn't take a legal genius to figure out that a song where Crooked I is dissing Snoop and claiming Death Row probably wasn't recorded in 2008.

Maybe Suge has his ways of doing it and if so, I'd be the first in line to buy one but you have to figure that if he didn't put this stuff out when he legally had the rights to it and could promote it any way he wanted, he's probably not gonna put money behind doing it when he'd have to keep it on the low and work around it.

Some good points here. I also think (and I certainly hope) the auction only concerned the released material, stuff like The Chronic or All Eyez On Me might be something worthwhile for these Global Music Group people but what the hell would they wanna do with unreleased Top Dogg or Eastwood?

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Jimmy H.

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2008, 01:35:08 PM »
Some good points here. I also think (and I certainly hope) the auction only concerned the released material, stuff like The Chronic or All Eyez On Me might be something worthwhile for these Global Music Group people but what the hell would they wanna do with unreleased Top Dogg or Eastwood?
I would think they'd want to own as much of the music as possible. If Eastwood or these artists decide they want to put some of this out, they go through Global Music Group to do it. They may only have the rights to the classic catalog but my feeling is if Suge filed bankrupcy, why would the court let him hold on to proftable assets whether they were released or not. He might have phyiscal copies of a lot of the stuff but I'm pretty sure that GMG purchased the legal rights to it. It's the same deal with artists who worked at Ruthless or Death Row, they might have copies of what they did but unless they have legal ownership, they probably can't put it out.