Author Topic: Q About Suge Knight  (Read 1955 times)

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Q About Suge Knight
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2008, 03:51:29 PM »
Some good points here. I also think (and I certainly hope) the auction only concerned the released material, stuff like The Chronic or All Eyez On Me might be something worthwhile for these Global Music Group people but what the hell would they wanna do with unreleased Top Dogg or Eastwood?
I would think they'd want to own as much of the music as possible. If Eastwood or these artists decide they want to put some of this out, they go through Global Music Group to do it. They may only have the rights to the classic catalog but my feeling is if Suge filed bankrupcy, why would the court let him hold on to proftable assets whether they were released or not. He might have phyiscal copies of a lot of the stuff but I'm pretty sure that GMG purchased the legal rights to it. It's the same deal with artists who worked at Ruthless or Death Row, they might have copies of what they did but unless they have legal ownership, they probably can't put it out.

Let's say they have auctioned off the complete vaults as well. I highly doubt that this Global Music Group would want to release an album by the lesser known artists like Eastwood or even Crooked I for that matter, for the simple fact that there is not alot of profit to be made from this. And I'm pretty sure these artists have little interest in their DR material being released also.
Like someone said before if Suge has stuff the court doesn't know about then there is nothing to be auctioned off.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Jimmy H.

« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2008, 07:26:15 PM »
In theory, since court don't listen to rap, we're assuming that they don't know about this but artists/producers/labels/studios keep records of all these songs for publishing purposes. If they didn't, Crooked I or any of these other artists could put out the material and say they did it on another label too. You don't think any of the artists would try to obtain rights to specific songs? I'd love to see these songs surface but I think the best chance we'd have of that happening would be Suge leaking it or selling it secretly to someone else. I don't think he could just put this music out without someone getting wise to it. I'm sure that there at least a few of these artists trying to make deals with Global Music to get some of this stuff.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2008, 08:21:58 AM »
In theory, since court don't listen to rap, we're assuming that they don't know about this but artists/producers/labels/studios keep records of all these songs for publishing purposes. If they didn't, Crooked I or any of these other artists could put out the material and say they did it on another label too. You don't think any of the artists would try to obtain rights to specific songs? I'd love to see these songs surface but I think the best chance we'd have of that happening would be Suge leaking it or selling it secretly to someone else. I don't think he could just put this music out without someone getting wise to it. I'm sure that there at least a few of these artists trying to make deals with Global Music to get some of this stuff.

Suge cannot put out any DR music anymore that's for sure. I don't see what good it will do for former inmates if they try to get certain songs except when your name is Andre or Calvin. I don't think Crooked I is interested right now in trying to obtain his DR stuff when he is still in the proces of trying to get his career off the ground. It's hard enough for him to get his current stuff to the masses, why would he even be bothered with old music from a dead label.

Whatever happens with all of that unreleased stuff I would hate to see it being put out by Global Music, I'd rather all of that stuff leaked so everybody can just download it.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

D-Stress

« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2008, 04:01:53 PM »

Suge cannot put out any DR music anymore that's for sure. I don't see what good it will do for former inmates if they try to get certain songs except when your name is Andre or Calvin. I don't think Crooked I is interested right now in trying to obtain his DR stuff when he is still in the proces of trying to get his career off the ground. It's hard enough for him to get his current stuff to the masses, why would he even be bothered with old music from a dead label.

Whatever happens with all of that unreleased stuff I would hate to see it being put out by Global Music, I'd rather all of that stuff leaked so everybody can just download it.

why?because it has no DEATH ROW LOGO on it?fuck that man, even if "bad boy records" puts it out, i would be still happy :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2008, 03:15:05 AM »
i love the irony of your new nickname by the way  ;D

Quote from: 2Pac
I see no changes

And still I see no changes

But some things will never change

:cheers:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 03:24:14 AM by Dre-Day »

D-Stress

« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2008, 03:27:25 AM »

I see no changes

theres nothing ironic in my nick.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2008, 03:32:33 AM »

I see no changes

theres nothing ironic in my nick.

yes there is, you just don't see it  ;)

D-Stress

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2008, 12:32:06 AM »
you mean that i didnt change and im still askin "stupid" questions about death row? ::)
if not, what else?

p.s. you still stalkin me (?) ;)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:34:48 AM by Changed Man »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2008, 12:45:22 AM »
you mean that i didnt change and im still askin "stupid" questions about death row? ::)
if not, what else?
something like that  ;)
like Chad said, you're (still) asking so many questions about stuff you don't even own  ;D
so you're basically a leech

p.s. you still stalkin me (?) ;)
hmmm i assume there's a misconception.
you still got my response to your last pm right?
maybe you should read that again

D-Stress

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2008, 02:27:33 AM »
^yeah i got it, thats why im surprised you still makin these comments about me.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2008, 03:49:11 AM »
^yeah i got it, thats why im surprised you still makin these comments about me.

apparently you need to re-read it then, cause you obviously don't get it.

D-Stress

« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2008, 06:45:38 AM »
just re-read it homie, i see what you are saying but you need to stop with your comments.i want that username and i can do whatever i want ;)

p.s. now i see, you´re the one who told chad not to "help" me no more.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2008, 06:49:30 AM »
just re-read it homie, i see what you are saying but you need to stop with your comments.i want that username and i can do whatever i want ;)

offcourse you can do what you want, but so i  ;)

you've been around here for like 4 years, so it's about time that you understand why certain comments are being made.

offcourse you can do what you want, but so i  ;)

you've been around here for like 4 years, so it's about time that you understand why certain comments are being made.

by the way, Chad completely agrees with what i wrote to you through pm.
if you don't believe me, ask him, he'll confirm it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 06:51:02 AM by Dre-Day »

Chad Vader

« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2008, 07:11:03 AM »
p.s. now i see, you're the one who told chad not to "help" me no more.

ohhh,well the cat is out of the bag.  :P

by the way, Chad completely agrees with what i wrote to you through pm.
if you don't believe me, ask him, he'll confirm it.

Maybe you (Dre-Day) should post it?
You didn't say anything out of line as far as I can remember.

PH; as far as I can remember Dre-Day tried to reach out to you to "solve the problem",but you didn't get back to him.
Anyway,please continue this in the g-spot or trough PM.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 07:13:29 AM by Chad Vader »

D-Stress

« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2008, 09:47:30 AM »
^^ i dont give a fuck about the "problem".

PH; as far as I can remember Dre-Day tried to reach out to you to "solve the problem",but you didn't get back to him.
p.s. i was the first one who wrote him a PM, when was he trying to "reach out to me"?i dont know what ya mean.i always replied to his answers that i got after i PMed him.
neways, i dont give a fuck.let´s close this case.

*Pac´s Voice* Let´s Be Friends ;) 8)