Author Topic: Final G-Unit Sale Numbers  (Read 1296 times)

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
Re: Final G-Unit Sale Numbers
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 04:13:51 AM »

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 07:10:14 AM »
Let me play devil's (or 50, same thing at times.  ;D) advocate for a minute since I am bored.

50 has all but shown he is done with Interscope with this release.

Being the ego maniac he is, he personally wants his "last" album to go out with a bang, so he is saving all his resources (Dre, Timbo, etc) for a grand finale album to show what Interscope will be missing once he leaves

Any non 50 solos from now till his release will most likely be on a low budget and low promo. (Translation: Yayo and Banks are FUCKED!)

If he really wanted to stay with Interscope he could have come up with a better product then this album ( I liked most of it, but BFM was damn near a personal classic for me)

Now back to reality. This shit is funny as fuck! You live by album sales, you will die by album sales. Game take notes, you might be next if ya ain't careful.

Makes sense-if at all that is really his plans-Sounds Very Plausible!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2008, 08:14:44 AM »
Rap Chart Movement: Lil Wayne Stays On Top, G-Unit Grab Second Place
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:44:15 AM

Lil Wayne's The Carter III remains at the top of the Billboard's 'Top Rap Albums Chart' by pushing 156,300 units this week.

After four weeks on the charts, Carter III has sold a total of 1,681,800 copies.

Entering the charts at No. 2 this week is G-Unit with their sophomore album titled Terminate On Sight (T.O.S). The set sold 101,800 copies in its opening week.

Memphis duo Three 6 Mafia hold it down at No. 3. Last 2 Walk pushes 37,100 discs this week, pushing its total to 114,000.

Debuting at No. 4 is Kansas rapper Tech N9ne with his latest album titled Killer. The album reels in 36,200 copies in its first go-around on the charts.

Posted at No. 5 is Florida rapper Plies. Definition Of Real scans 30,700 copies this week. So far, the album has sold a total of 356,200 discs.

Entering the charts at No. 6 is Jim Jones and The Byrd Gang with their debut compilation titled M.O.B. The set scoops up 17,200 copies in its opening week.

The Flobots slide three seats to No. 7. Fight With Tools scanned 11,600 units this week. To date, the alb um has sold 146,500 copies.

Rick Ross slips two spots to No. 8. Trilla shelves off 10,600 CDs in its 18th week on the charts. So far, the album has sold 609,800 copies.

Rap/reggaton duo Wisin Y Yandel hold it down at No. 9. Los Extraterr ropes in 8,800 copies this week. So far, the album has sold 308,100 copies.

Wrapping up the Top 10 is Houston's Bun B. II Trill moves 8,700 units this week. After 7 weeks, the album has sold 215,300 copies.

A notable debut under the Top 10 this week is C-Murder with his latest album titled Screamin' 4 Vengeance. The set sells 5,200 copies in its opening week.

Source-sixshot

Black Gloves

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2008, 08:46:05 AM »
lol Wayne is 1,6 mill after 4 weeks?

lol at ppl talkin about him "going Diamond" lol

i dont understand why 1st week is so important tho but then they forget about the rest of the
sales

lol @ G-Unit

*waits for 50 to come up with another excuse this time*

Lunatic

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2008, 09:35:01 AM »
101 is still a flop
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K-9

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2008, 09:52:37 AM »

D~Nice

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008, 10:11:22 AM »
50 has to either want off the label or this is his way of showing "appreciation" of all the moves he deems that Interscope has done in the past as bad (leaking videos and singles early, not letting him pick them as well, add any other excuse or problem here).

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »

i dont understand why 1st week is so important tho but then they forget about the rest of the
sales

Cuz the majority of ppl who are usually gonna cop albums are the real fans, which are gonna buy that shit as soon as possible (remember doing that?).  After the first week, mostly everyone who was gonna buy ur album has bought it.  And the numbers fade out after that..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2008, 10:31:23 AM »

sales

Cuz the majority of ppl who are usually gonna cop albums are the real fans

i would say 65% of waynes first week sales were NOT from "real fans".

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 10:31:59 AM »
^u think the label coppin?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2008, 10:42:46 AM »

no, i mean real fans. like i know the real fans of weezy, who copped tha carters and 500 degrees, etc. are NOT the same fans coppin tha carter 3. once wayne switched up his style, and brought his swag into his rap, and you know what im sayin with waynes like big transformation. anyway, once he switched he got a whole mess of like non-true hip hop fans who just liked his music. so you take some of his old fans who just wanted to check out and see if C3 was any good, and you add in all those fake fans who switched over to weezy when he started rappin in NUMEROUS metaphors in every other line, and "swag rapped" and you got....A MILLIE!

Dimos

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2008, 11:43:57 AM »
The album is not that bad. "Straight Outta Southside" is the shit! Songs like "Piano Man", "Close To Me", "No Days Off", "I Don't Wanna Talk About It" and "Party Ain't Over" are entertaining. I don't agree with yall about the single... I think "Rider Pt. 2" is one of the best tracks on the album. All of them came on point with their flows on it. I'm disappointed by Banks. Yayo surprised me on a few songs, but he's still wack to me. Young Buck and 50 are okay.

Black Gloves

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2008, 02:07:45 PM »

Damn this made so happy that i nutted 102k on this bitch fo' head.

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2008, 07:23:42 PM »
damn poor Curtis, if his ego wasn't so fucking big I'd almost feel sorry for him. maybe he will humble himself after this.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2008, 09:59:11 PM »

no, i mean real fans. like i know the real fans of weezy, who copped tha carters and 500 degrees, etc. are NOT the same fans coppin tha carter 3. once wayne switched up his style, and brought his swag into his rap, and you know what im sayin with waynes like big transformation. anyway, once he switched he got a whole mess of like non-true hip hop fans who just liked his music. so you take some of his old fans who just wanted to check out and see if C3 was any good, and you add in all those fake fans who switched over to weezy when he started rappin in NUMEROUS metaphors in every other line, and "swag rapped" and you got....A MILLIE!

Yeah but I mean all the ppl who are bandwagoning him right now, and got every fuckin Lil Wayne remix, feature, and album on their computer who really think he is the best rapper alive..

Those nikkas copped the album, and those are real fans, the blind followers no matter what..