Author Topic: Brett Farve "asks" to be released  (Read 1034 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Brett Farve "asks" to be released
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2008, 05:04:36 PM »
this is gettin out of hand. TRADE HIM!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Why give him what he wants? Dude only retired cuz he didn't wanna honor his contract... LOL@thinking he can shit all over the system with his manipulative schemes.

i have a feeling Green Bay wanted him to retire
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2008, 10:39:53 AM »
^Mccarriens? lol..he's in Tennessee bro..

thats right...Shame on me   :-[
My NFL knowledge has been shamed  :-[

The Best of 3 Worlds

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2008, 03:01:44 PM »
Favre forces Packers to make decision, files for reinstatement

ESPN.com news services

Updated: July 29, 2008, 5:48 PM ET

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Favre Faxes Reinstatement Letter To NFL

Consider the Green Bay Packers backed up against their own goal line.

Brett Favre followed through on his statements that he wanted to come out of retirement by faxing his reinstatement letter to the NFL on Tuesday.

League spokesman Randall Liu confirmed the action after ESPN's Chris Mortensen had reported it earlier.

Favre sent the letter to the league office late Tuesday afternoon and also spoke by phone with commissioner Roger Goodell, who indicated he will not act on Tuesday in hopes the Packers and Favre can reach a resolution during the next 24 hours, the sources said.

Packers general manager Ted Thompson then will be forced to make a decision -- accept Favre back, trade him or release him.

NFC North blog

ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert writes about all things NFC North in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

"It's obviously the first step in Brett coming back, but we'll deal with that when Brett is reinstated and have a plan for that when he comes back," Packers coach Mike McCarthy told ESPN.com, adding that the team is still committed to Aaron Rodgers as its starting quarterback.

McCarthy added: "The plan for Brett Favre will be discussed first with Brett Favre and then we'll make the public aware of it."

Favre told Mortensen on Sunday that the GM had pleaded with the quarterback not to show up at camp on Sunday, so that the situation could be resolved.

"I asked Ted [Saturday], 'Am I welcome in the building if I report?' And Ted was just about shattered," Favre said. "He said, 'Brett, you can't do that -- you'll get me fired.' I told him I'm not trying to get anybody fired. So Ted asked me to let the guys report and let's try to resolve this over the next two or three days."

With no concrete movement in the past few days, Favre made his move. The Packers have publicly committed to Rodgers, however.

Favre has offered to compete for the starting job in training camp, but he said in Sunday's interview that he was told that is not an option.

"It's pretty clear -- and this is what I told the commissioner -- that they want me to go away, stay retired," Favre said.

The Packers have already said that they will not release their former franchise quarterback, but they have looked into trading him. Nothing tangible has happened on that front either.

Favre retired in March after 16 season in the league as the all-time leader in touchdown passes with 442.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2008, 04:14:06 PM »
jets got cotchery, coles and brad smith
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2008, 01:50:06 PM »
if favre takes the 20 mil deal gb offered to stay retired,hes officially a homo...it would be obvious all this bullshit would be for money and not his passion to play or love of the game.

Johnny B

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2008, 08:35:31 PM »
^ agreed. Favre is a bitch, plain and simple. if he was never sure he was gonna retire, then stay put. what an idiot.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2008, 08:39:01 PM »
^ agreed. Favre is a bitch, plain and simple. if he was never sure he was gonna retire, then stay put. what an idiot.

Im sure he was pressured by GB to make a quick decision so they could figure out what they wanted to do in the draft.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2008, 08:40:10 PM »
if favre takes the 20 mil deal gb offered to stay retired,hes officially a homo...it would be obvious all this bullshit would be for money and not his passion to play or love of the game.

but he sure would have played GB lol Talk about a nice bluff.....20 mill!
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2008, 09:49:14 PM »

but he sure would have played GB lol Talk about a nice bluff.....20 mill!
true i cant hate on dude for takin the money if he does...but he came off as he just wanted to play yadda yadda..i supported dude cause hes a legend and i thought he just wanted to play but gb was dickin him around but it doesnt seem to be the case.

Lunatic

« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2008, 09:54:56 PM »

LOL np..member i'm a titans fan, that's why i knew that
he's actually looking really good in camp and has (thus far) won the #1 spot..not bad for a guy who came in "battling" for a roster posistion
keep in mind the best year of his career was:
a) with the titans
b) more specifically, under o.coordinator heimerdinger who left tennesee when mccariens did and is now back starting this season
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2008, 11:08:44 AM »

he's actually looking really good in camp and has (thus far) won the #1 spot..not bad for a guy who came in "battling" for a roster posistion
a) with the titans
b) more specifically, under o.coordinator heimerdinger who left tennesee when mccariens did and is now back starting this season

Thats right!!!
And you know me, i ALWAYS know my NFL shit we had plenty of good Titans discussions last year.. 8)

The Best of 3 Worlds

Lunatic

« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2008, 11:18:18 AM »

a) with the titans

Thats right!!!
And you know me, i ALWAYS know my NFL shit we had plenty of good Titans discussions last year.. 8)
yup! I know u do homie, your my fav sports member on here to discuss football with! will have plenty more titan discussion this season, should be a great one hopefully 8) 

Ppl are sleepin on us (what's new?) but I expect Young to be better with the work that Heimerdinger is putting in with him, plus the acquisitions of Crumpler (who else better to get when your team has red zone problems? Crumpler is a BEAST in that zone!) and Mccariens looking good! plus first rd draft pick chris johnson is an offensive dream come true!

my only concern is the d-line with the loss of odom and laboy; need kearse and jones to step it up.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2008, 09:43:41 AM »

a) with the titans

Thats right!!!
yup! I know u do homie, your my fav sports member on here to discuss football with! will have plenty more titan discussion this season, should be a great one hopefully 8) 

Ppl are sleepin on us (what's new?) but I expect Young to be better with the work that Heimerdinger is putting in with him, plus the acquisitions of Crumpler (who else better to get when your team has red zone problems? Crumpler is a BEAST in that zone!) and Mccariens looking good! plus first rd draft pick chris johnson is an offensive dream come true!

my only concern is the d-line with the loss of odom and laboy; need kearse and jones to step it up.

^^^Thats true, but i still think theyll be fine..And you know when you can run the ball and stop the run, you always have a chance. Tha Titans dont have any stars that jump out at you, besides Vince and maybe Haynesworth, so people will always sleep. But damn there solid, too bad there in the AFC south..There defense did drop off a lil the last 4-5 weeks, but No Haynesworth will do that...

The Best of 3 Worlds