Author Topic: Nas = GOAT??  (Read 7072 times)

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

Re: Nas = GOAT??
« Reply #225 on: March 07, 2014, 11:11:48 AM »
Nas G.O.A.T? No

lol, I love how you say so definitively like it's a no brainer.

Obviously it's TI, duh

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #226 on: March 07, 2014, 01:22:18 PM »
Nas G.O.A.T? No

Obviously it's TI, duh

Aint no best. He said it himself n he was right. If youve heard alot of rap its impossible to pick one dude out n say he best. Only dumbasses like you two try to call one person in a genre with a hundreds of people involved the greatest ever. You didnt know who Brand Nubian was until Lord Jamar dissed Kanye n they legends 5 mic albums n all. 
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2014, 01:31:27 PM »
I'd prolly have Nas at the top of my list these days. 20+ years in the game, still making excellent records and keeping true to himself.

I could insert Scarface in there same thing. I could put Black Thought in there same thing. I could put Kool G Rap in there same thing. All been in 20 years all still makin dope shit, all stayin true to themself. I dont even know how you would describe Nas as stayin true to himself. Dude abandoned every person he came in the game with just like Jay. Dont really sound like stayin true to yourself to me.
cause If I dont who will

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #228 on: March 07, 2014, 01:34:38 PM »
I'd prolly have Nas at the top of my list these days. 20+ years in the game, still making excellent records and keeping true to himself.

I could insert Scarface in there same thing. I could put Black Thought in there same thing. I could put Kool G Rap in there same thing. All been in 20 years all still makin dope shit, all stayin true to themself. I dont even know how you would describe Nas as stayin true to himself. Dude abandoned every person he came in the game with just like Jay. Dont really sound like stayin true to yourself to me.
this.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2014, 01:35:30 PM »
black thought > nas
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #230 on: March 07, 2014, 01:36:27 PM »

i agree with this except black thought.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #231 on: March 07, 2014, 01:41:48 PM »

Problem is, except Scarface because he's always been in my top 10, the others haven't put out constant classic albums. Nas is the most consistent guy in rap, and that level is so high. If I was to compare him, it's like Wayne Gretzky in hockey. Yeah, he had an amazing early part of his career, Gretzky was winning Stanley Cups, Nas had Illmatic and It was Written... But after so many years, you look and realize, god damn, no one is touching what homeboy just did. Are their better rappers than Nas, maybe, I don't think so, but maybe. But Nas has that Greatness factor. He just seems to deliver over and over and over again, save his 4th album. Did Black Thought or Kool G have an album that bad? No. But have Black Thought or Kool G have an album better than Illmatic, It was Written, Stillmatic, Untitled? The answer is no.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2014, 01:50:37 PM »
Black Thought doesn't even have a solo album.  At least Crooked I does :D

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2014, 01:55:34 PM »
Black Thought doesn't even have a solo album.  At least Crooked I does :D
so. he's a group member not a solo artist.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2014, 02:00:12 PM »
Nas G.O.A.T? No

Then who? If you're a Jay-Z fan just say so so we can avoid this cleche fight.

Neither one is GOAT. Always funny to me when this topic comes up how if somebody says one isnt goat its assumed youre a fan of the other. I been listenin to Rap 20+. Both of them have become complacent IMO because everything they put out is immediately accepted as amazing. If you was them why would you even try or put effort into the shit if no matter what people gon call it dope. They know the sheep gonna go flock to it anyway. Why you think Jay said "Do you fools just listen to music or do you just skim through it?"
cause If I dont who will

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2014, 02:08:24 PM »

Problem is, except Scarface because he's always been in my top 10, the others haven't put out constant classic albums. Nas is the most consistent guy in rap, and that level is so high. If I was to compare him, it's like Wayne Gretzky in hockey. Yeah, he had an amazing early part of his career, Gretzky was winning Stanley Cups, Nas had Illmatic and It was Written... But after so many years, you look and realize, god damn, no one is touching what homeboy just did. Are their better rappers than Nas, maybe, I don't think so, but maybe. But Nas has that Greatness factor. He just seems to deliver over and over and over again, save his 4th album. Did Black Thought or Kool G have an album that bad? No. But have Black Thought or Kool G have an album better than Illmatic, It was Written, Stillmatic, Untitled? The answer is no.

You holdin onto Nas past. He aint been nowhere near as dope as he was back then these last couple years. I aint sayin dudes wack. He one of the best rappers ever. But hands down best period point blank, No.
cause If I dont who will

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2014, 02:13:39 PM »
Queens Story shows Nas still has the ability to make dope shit

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2014, 02:35:25 PM »

You holdin onto Nas past. He aint been nowhere near as dope as he was back then these last couple years. I aint sayin dudes wack. He one of the best rappers ever. But hands down best period point blank, No.

When looking at "All Time", that is the past. And when looking at the greatest rappers, the ones who made the best albums, you have to say Nas. No one's peak is as high as his. People to this day try to recreate their own Illmatic. Look at the date I posted this, 5 years ago. I ain't read no CNN article and then said this. I've been on this for a long time now. Look at my ranking previous to this, it was either 2Pac or Rakim. I could never decide. But Untitled convinced me.

I always count Black Thought as the Roots, and so he gets judged on that for me, he is the main rapper of the group. So with that said, I don't knock him for not having a solo. But no Roots album ever touched any of Nas.

« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2014, 04:15:12 PM »
Nas G.O.A.T? No

Obviously it's TI, duh

Aint no best. He said it himself n he was right. If youve heard alot of rap its impossible to pick one dude out n say he best. Only dumbasses like you two try to call one person in a genre with a hundreds of people involved the greatest ever. You didnt know who Brand Nubian was until Lord Jamar dissed Kanye n they legends 5 mic albums n all. 

Lmao so cuz I don't worship TI, I automatically never listened to Brand Nubian? That's some solid logic.

Nobody is beating their chest about who's the GOAT, and I will be the first to say my favorite changes. But if I had to pick a GOAT, all things considered for the sake of this thread, I'd have to go with Nas.

And TI has always and will always be corny bruh. Sorry.

« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2014, 04:27:53 PM »

You could put Mike Jones up there, it doesn't matter to me.

There's no A++ caliber mainstream rappers like Nas talking about the things he talks about, that's why I'm saying he stays true to himself.

Nas still messes with Large Pro, L.E.S. etc from back in the day. He's put Lake, Quan, AZ, Jungle and Wiz on his records...enlighten me, who has Nas screwed over from his early days?

You're saying there is no best, but youre trying really hard to argue against Nas. Doesn't make much sense.