Author Topic: Nas = GOAT??  (Read 7091 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nas = GOAT??
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2008, 12:54:23 PM »
Doesn't matter if <insert name> hasn't dropped a cd or has a variable disco. <-- That's ARTIST rating.
u can't call a rapper "the best new gen rapper" when they dont even have an album out :-\

Budden and Saigiddy has proved their skills on mixtapes.

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2008, 12:55:27 PM »
Doesn't matter if <insert name> hasn't dropped a cd or has a variable disco. <-- That's ARTIST rating.
u can't call a rapper "the best new gen rapper" when they dont even have an album out :-\
not enough to be called best rappers out there, not better than TI and let alone best new gen rapper - I love Sai a lot if u know bout me, but hit me up with Budden and Sai drop a cohesive, full-length album.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2008, 01:00:03 PM »
not enough to be called best rappers out there, not better than TI and let alone best new gen rapper - I love Sai a lot if u know bout me, but hit me up with Budden and Sai drop a cohesive, full-length album.

the best way to judge an artist is by them putting out albums. Look at Canibus, he could have been, but his album sucked. It's a matter of how you do when it's your time to shine. Crooked could have been the best in the West, but we wouldn't know until he drops that albums.

Lunatic

« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2008, 01:01:13 PM »

the best way to judge an artist is by them putting out albums. Look at Canibus, he could have been, but his album sucked. It's a matter of how you do when it's your time to shine. Crooked could have been the best in the West, but we wouldn't know until he drops that albums.
exactly, thats so obvious, no offence dub but lol at calling any rapper with 0-2 albums the best new gen rapper - u better be at least 3-4 deep.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2008, 01:16:32 PM »
t.i. = g.o.a.t.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. T.I. fans are such jokes. This is worse than claiming he has created a classic album.
my opinion is my opinion and not yours. go read some reviews on t.i.'s albums and then speak. until then keep the stupid comments to yourself.

I read the reviews. I listened to the cd's. I've seen him perform live.
T.I. = average
well that's how you feel. my opinion is not on the behalf of you so...you know the sayin'. it's not a artist in this new gen that has dropped consistent cd's at a jay z pace other then tip. and he sells records so you chalk it up.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2008, 01:21:12 PM »
co sign. when them two niggas get to they fifth let alone second or third album holla. t.i. is the best post 2000 artist out there hands down. and i don't care what nobody says.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2008, 01:40:58 PM »
co sign. when them two niggas get to they fifth let alone second or third album holla. t.i. is the best post 2000 artist out there hands down. and i don't care what nobody says.

Artist, might be Kanye.

Lunatic

« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2008, 01:42:38 PM »
^Kanye applies

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2008, 03:02:14 PM »
juice (chicago)

you can argue any of these over Nas

haha
you can argue it, wouldn't be a good argument at all, but I guess you could

you ever listen to Juice?  dude would make Nas run out of writtens in a battle just using the top of his head

juice's studio shit = gold too
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2008, 03:32:32 PM »
you ever listen to Juice?  dude would make Nas run out of writtens in a battle just using the top of his head

juice's studio shit = gold too

I don't think I've ever heard a song from him, not even sure if ever released an album.  Because of that alone he shouldn't be a greatest ever discussion.  You have to have made SOME impact in hip-hop.  He wouldn't even be in my top 100.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2008, 04:04:09 PM »
t.i. = g.o.a.t.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. T.I. fans are such jokes. This is worse than claiming he has created a classic album.
my opinion is my opinion and not yours. go read some reviews on t.i.'s albums and then speak. until then keep the stupid comments to yourself.

nice to know u have ur own opinion on things, lol
LMFAO.......yes, as a grown man should. not everything is hot to me son. and you can't piss in a cup and tell me it's lemonade. that's the difference between me and you!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 04:05:49 PM by classic material »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2008, 09:35:09 AM »
I rank T.I. as the best rapper of this generation, over Game, but his not at Nas level. In 3-4 years, we'll know how to rank him, but until then it will take a while.
lol sarcasm much?

I'm a serious person, you know... all business and no fun... lol.

to take you seriously i have to know if that was sarcasism... ???. game is clearly better than t.i.. there are a few more who are better too. t.i. is good, but to call him "best of this generation" is ridiculous! ???
just curious, wich and how many new gen rappers do u consider better than TI?

What's the definition of a new gen rapper?
i'd say debuted round 2000 and on.

Ok
Luda, Juelz, Immortal Technique, Saigon, Chamillionaire, Joe Budden - just off the top of my head.

in addition...kanye, game, bishop, crooked i.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2008, 09:50:35 AM »
I rank T.I. as the best rapper of this generation, over Game, but his not at Nas level. In 3-4 years, we'll know how to rank him, but until then it will take a while.
lol sarcasm much?

to take you seriously i have to know if that was sarcasism... ???. game is clearly better than t.i.. there are a few more who are better too. t.i. is good, but to call him "best of this generation" is ridiculous! ???

Ok
Luda, Juelz, Immortal Technique, Saigon, Chamillionaire, Joe Budden - just off the top of my head.

none of them niggas is better than tip.

Invincible

« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2008, 10:13:59 AM »
lol sarcasm much?

Ok

none of them niggas is better than tip.

Oh dear oh dear.  :o