Author Topic: Candian Hip Hop.........  (Read 1929 times)

Suga Foot

Candian Hip Hop.........
« on: May 01, 2002, 05:00:07 PM »
Y'all knew it was coming, lol.  I live in Canada, so I'm gonna be your main man for Canadian Hip Hop as I am VERY into it.  Vancouver has the only Urban Radio station in the whole country, and since I live In Vancouver I listen to it ALL THE TIME.  They play tons of dope canadian music.  Canadian Hip Hop gets vurtually no respect from American (and overseas) fans.  Even when American artists collaborate with Canadian artists, it doesn't help them out.  So I'm gonna be your man for all the latest dope jams, news, and all that good shit.  Since they get no love anywhere else.  I'm gonna list some Canadian artists and write a little about them for y'all.

Rascalz- These guys are from Vancouver and were one of the first groups representing for Canada.  They have collaborated with KRS-ONE, Beatnuts, and other Canadian artists.

Choclair- From Toronto.  This guy is kind of the Front Man of Canadian Hip Hop in the sense that he's like our Ja-Rule (if that makes sense lol).  Everybody knows him and thinks he's dope.  Although IMO he ain't all he's cracked up to be.  He's signed to prioroty records, although they aren't really helpin him out.  He has collaborated with Guru, Kurupt, ODB, The Roots and other Canadian artists.

Kardianal Offishall- This guy is also from T.O., he's a dope producer & rapper.  He's very entertaining, his current single blowin up the radio features busta rhymes, and is titled "ol Time Killin" (remix).  IMO his best song to date is "G Walkin" feat. Glenn Lewis.  Last year he had an underground hit titled "Yur Ghetto" which won an award at HipHopSite.com.  

Saukrates- A very dope producer/mc comin out of T.O.  Redman signed him to his label, and he also has a song on the "How High" soundtrack.  Although that is far from his best work.  His album features collaborations with Xzibit, and Pharoe Monch.

Ghetto Concept- These guys are the 'flashy ones' who always have the dope videos and crystal poppin.  They have some very dope songs, although it is very commercial intended.

Harpoon Missile- Pretty new, i don't know much about the poon, lol.  BUt their new single "I Try" is VERY dope.

K-Os- This guy is real deep.  He can sing like a mutha too.  He's real dope, IMO.

Checkmate- From Van.  DOn't know a whole lot about this guy, although on DJ Jam's (snoops dj) website, there is a flyer of him.

Moka Only- He sounds EXACTLY like Common when he raps.  He's the guy who sings in all of the Swollen Member Tracks.

Swollen Members- Ok, I saved the best for last, what can I say about these two?  They are fuckin dope.  IMO they are better than 80% of all Hip Hop out right now.  They represent Vancouver.  All i can say is check them out, you wont believe what you hear.  It's just amazing, I can't even explain it.  Here's some info I found about them:

In 1996 they traveled to the B-Boy summit in San Deigo, where Madchild battled and was initiated into the legendary Rock Steady Crew, hip hop's highest respected collective, making Swollen Members one of only three Rock Steady affiliated groups.

If anyone has any questions about any canadian hip hop artists, don't hesitate to ask.  Cuz I'm NOT gonna stop tellin.   ;D

*** IF YOU WANNA CHECK OUT CANADIAN RADIO, GO TO WWW.THEBEAT.COM ***

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Re: Candian Hip Hop.........
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2002, 05:04:45 PM »
YEEEEEEEEEEEAHHH suga foot homie reppin canadian rap lol.  ya'll should really check it out, we got sum dope artists

-{bLaDe}
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Smooth

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2002, 05:09:38 PM »
as a fellow Canadian im glad to see this post Suga!... good to see you got a lot of knowledge on the Canadian scene... IMO Saukrates is the dopest outta Canada...  im not really feelin Swollen Members though :o...maybe they will grow on me after a while...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2002, 05:11:30 PM »
...  im not really feelin Swollen Members though :o...maybe they will grow on me after a while...

O they will.  I got blade into them in a matter of hours, lol.

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2002, 05:29:57 PM »
Here's some Track Names For Y'all To Check Out that I'm feelin at the moment:

Solitaire "Easy To Slip"

Choclair feat. Saukrates & ODB "Suave Dirt Dogs"

K-Os "Heaven Only Knows" Remix

Swollen Members "Ventilate"

Harpoon Missile "I Try"

Doggystylin

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2002, 05:37:39 PM »

O they will.  I got blade into them in a matter of hours, lol.

well you can get blade into anything in a matter of hours, you can get him out of his clothes and in bed in minutes, i saw roccy do it

Smooth

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2002, 06:01:48 PM »
^^^LMAO!
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

The Watcher

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2002, 06:23:21 PM »
swollen members are definitley CERTIFIED DOPE. i cant really speak on the others since ive never given them a listen, but i will do.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2002, 06:30:30 PM »

well you can get blade into anything in a matter of hours, you can get him out of his clothes and in bed in minutes, i saw roccy do it

yo thaz jus sick man....well atleast i dont have dreams of my dog bustin a nut all over mah face like u did LOL...

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Doggystylin

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2002, 06:32:01 PM »

yo thaz jus sick man....well atleast i dont have dreams of my dog bustin a nut all over mah face like u did LOL...

-{bLaDe}

my room , not my face, and y u have to bring in shit like that?, that aint coo foo :( :'(

Jome

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2002, 06:38:43 PM »
Kardinal Offishall- Yea, I heard him on some tracks, and he's very dope.

Saukrates- Yea, I heard him on some Red joints, and he's pretty coo, but nothing spectacular.

Swollen Members Yea, they pretty dope, but I aint heard enuff of them yet.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2002, 01:26:15 AM »
I have Swollen Member's "Bad Dreams".. It's alright. I aint feelin the whole album but they definatley got some pretty tight flows.

I know about Kardinal Official.. he's alright too.. does that jamaican thing.. sometimes it could sound really dope.. other times it could get kind of annoying.

I also know about Choclair. I heard his song with Kurupt. He was on the 3 stikes soundtrack. He's cool too... I understand what you say about him being your guys' Ja Rule though..

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2002, 03:01:35 AM »
I've heard & liked a considerable amount of ish from Choclair, "Bump" being my fav. so far, funky ass beat  ;D "Situation 9" is dope too.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

KVB

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2002, 05:35:00 AM »

lol... YOU SAW Roccy do it?  LOL...

doggmastah

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • All hoez n ya kneez:make way fo tha masta of geez!
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2002, 10:51:54 AM »
Hey isnt "SansPression" a Canadian rap group? i heard sum songs from them an it was pure dope! They reppin'  French an English...

Peace1!
PEACE1!

AMC- Spittin' from Portugal da French emcee!

Affiliated to the WSFC-West Side French Connection-