Author Topic: Dr. Dre Talks 'Detox: "I'm shooting for a November or December release"  (Read 3348 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Dr. Dre Talks 'Detox: "I'm shooting for a November or December release"
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2008, 02:12:41 AM »
detox won't be coming out this year. like someone else said this is just publicity to try and sell the headphones. bishop is supposed to be dropping in '08 with his single and all.

but it's more likely that Detox will come out this year than The Reformation :P

Matty

« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2008, 02:18:35 AM »
not so sure about that. now the ball has officially started rolling on the bishop train if its stops all of a sudden then either:

a) bishop is gonna look as stupid as stat quo when his album didn't drop
b) detox will come out instead and everything will be cool
c) nothing is released and all the fans get all pissed off. dre cancels detox, bishop is dropped, jimmy demands detox instrumentals for his own rap album - jimmytox.

i think bishops album will come out and the most likely scenario of the others (b) won't happen this year...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #137 on: July 24, 2008, 02:22:57 AM »
not so sure about that. now the ball has officially started rolling on the bishop train if its stops all of a sudden then either:

a) bishop is gonna look as stupid as stat quo when his album didn't drop
b) detox will come out instead and everything will be cool
c) nothing is released and all the fans get all pissed off. dre cancels detox, bishop is dropped, jimmy demands detox instrumentals for his own rap album - jimmytox.

i think bishops album will come out and the most likely scenario of the others (b) won't happen this year...

they're doing this on their own, Interscope didn't confirm any of this.

hence i said it's more likely that Detox will come out this year than The Reformation.

i'm not saying that it's likely that Detox will be out this year though ( for the record)

Matty

« Reply #138 on: July 24, 2008, 02:26:44 AM »
dont front, i know you're anticipating jimmytox :laugh:

k1000

« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2008, 04:51:20 AM »
Detox won't be released on Aftermath. The label is not profitable anymore.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2008, 06:10:14 AM »
^^I don't know about that!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2008, 08:26:49 AM »
dont front, i know you're anticipating jimmytox :laugh:

Damn, I've been waiting on that Jimmytox shit ever since it was announced like 4-5 posts ago homie

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2008, 09:20:43 AM »
didnt dre submit beats for carter 3?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2008, 01:30:19 PM »
Scott Storch should be fuckin with Dre again, so we can hear another great album.

Agreed!!!

If he is, this could be the break he needs to get his finances back on track and get back to making Hits!

why?

agreed Dre and his old team made some great tracks together, but i don't see Scott as a required ingredient :-\

don't get me wrong, he made a couple of dope beats, but he's still doing the same thing he did 10 years ago  :P
Arguably So!
But it more so, "They work good together' than anything else!
do you mean that there's no better partner for Dre, or do you mean that Scott and Dre are just a good combo?
..Well arguably so! Dre,Mike Elizondo, Scott Storch and Mel Man were a great Team!!
Dre's work with D.Porter has also been Good!
I think  i'll wait for Detox + Reformation to drop to judge!

don't get me wrong, i think Scott Storch is a great musician, it's just that you can tell when Scott played the keys.
now that wasn't a problem in the past, but i'm fearing it could be for detox  :-\

Matty

« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2008, 01:42:40 PM »
scott storch & nate dogg should be essential ingredients for detox.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2008, 02:39:28 PM »
fuck detox
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2008, 07:38:59 PM »
in my opinion, dre has to find the right blend between his funk/hood/westcoast andclub sounds again. Remeber Next episode on dre 2001...Shiiiit...Snoop killed that, nate killed it and aint nobody complaining about dre spitting with snoop n nate...but the beat and how they produced the song overall was so crazy, it got hood luv, club luv, general luv and way funky as fucccck but still gangts and great music.

I know this is detox and will have a different sound but like I'm convinced dres sound will not change that much if he is on top form in terms of how the beats are accepted by the general public...ie...niggaz will think its g'd up, everyone will luv it in a club, cats will think its great music, perfect produced clean music...thats the problem with detox...without a doubt its dre biggest challenge and also possibly at the wrong time in his career...how long can a nigga stay young and focused in his head and creative when he has done everything. And lets be honest, aint nothing dre aint done in hiphop.

I like most people in here will no doubt cop this album but i also agree with the general opinion that dre needs storch or someone new but with just as muhc if not more ability on the keys than storch but giving it a new direction. Storch used to provide dre with the perfect ammunition to work off. Lets be honest...im a huge dre fan but his team is essential to how his sound comes out...Like cats like neptunes do the work themselves much of the time because they great with instruments but ofcourse as a hiphop producer dre is better BUT he will be the first to tell you he needs a top team around him. Also along with that i hope dre is pushing these niggaz to make sounds and music thats crazy and because detox better bang!

I aint asking for than usual from dre, im just asking he live upto his own standards (which he has not done for a few years) but if he does...Detox should bang!

I just hope dre finds his chemistry with snoop and nate again...as if it never left and he can get xzibit and eminem to spit story shit on a top level again...im not even eminems biggest fan but i want him to spit like he did n MMLP and 2001...damnn...

I would have liked game on it...but ohwell...IF bishop spits like he did on donkey kong, i wont complain aslong he got something that works with the joint...but thats where dres producing skills come in.

OH and on a side note, away from just the beats, detox has to be more than that to top his last two efforts for those who understand his past and past classics...its more than just beats....the beat has to bang, but the lyrics have to be quotables, memorable, as a song, its gotta be cohesive, overall, its got to flow!!

Dayum!! Three times in a row dre?!?! Nigga imma buy you a turkey if u come correct on this cuz all the odds against u nigga...even your own music recently! lol

Still...whatever dre releases lets be real...for todays standard of music...it'll still be very good....whether its overall classic...only time will tell...IF it ever comes out

pz

oh and what happened to the days of dre having mike working on the bass? LOL seems real long ago, but he shoould try bringing that into his sound again, or experiment with it, see how it comes out, like mix his old sounds, or whats great about his old sounds into his new music.

Some of dres shit is a little TOO simple right now....Get it back dre!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 07:44:59 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

Matty

« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2008, 10:45:14 PM »
mike elizondo on bass = 8)

dre's best instrumental for a few years was with mike on bass:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=bVlEeW45Q1JOMUNGa1E9PQ

D-Stress

« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2008, 11:20:49 PM »
If Wayne and Jay-z are on it, it's already worse than either Chronic albums.
:-\