Author Topic: Tim Lincecum is the best pitcher in Baseball  (Read 565 times)

herpes

Re: Tim Lincecum is the best pitcher in Baseball
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 05:35:12 PM »
Is pitching the best right now, would be the best thing to say..And i think he is the best pitcher in the league as well, who else has a 97 mph 2 seam fastball, and who else does this in there FIRST FULL YEAR? End of next year, I GUARANTEE nobody will b able to argue this claim...LOL@ Doc Crackhead gooden

LOL @ what.... he had one of the most dominating seasons ever and besides him there have been plenty of other pitcher who had amazing second season and were never the same again.  By the way Doc was a cokehead not a crackhead,there is a big difference.  But majority of you guys here don't know the difference.  So go fuck yourself

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 06:38:20 PM »
Is pitching the best right now, would be the best thing to say..And i think he is the best pitcher in the league as well, who else has a 97 mph 2 seam fastball, and who else does this in there FIRST FULL YEAR? End of next year, I GUARANTEE nobody will b able to argue this claim...LOL@ Doc Crackhead gooden

Dwight was the man in the mid 80s
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 06:30:51 PM »

he had his years, but Lincy aint a cokehead BIG Difference

The Best of 3 Worlds

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 07:47:51 PM »

how do u know??
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

herpes

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 09:22:47 AM »

Actually what hurt Doc just as much was Mel stottlemyre trying to teach him a change up and change from being a power pitcher.  And how do you know Lincy isn't a cokehead ?  Is your boyfriend Spice sucking him off so he knows firsthand ?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 09:35:11 AM »
It's hard to look at one stat and determine who the best pitcher in baseball is.  What I like to see is for someone to look at the strength of each lineup that pitcher has faced.  That's really the only way to determine who the best is at the moment.  You can easily make a case for Lee, Lincecum, Haren, Harden, and Webb. 

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 11:04:07 AM »

Actually what hurt Doc just as much was Mel stottlemyre trying to teach him a change up and change from being a power pitcher.  And how do you know Lincy isn't a cokehead ?  Is your boyfriend Spice sucking him off so he knows firsthand ?

damn u always talkin bout spice dogg...sounds a lil suspect too me..
But i guess ur right, i dont know that Lincy isnt a cokehead, shit he might be doing steroids too  ::)

The Best of 3 Worlds

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 09:52:34 PM »
Best pitcher in the league!!  Another win tonight!!!!   15-3!!!! BY FAR THE BEST  ERA in the NL and BY FAR THE MOST K'S IN THE NL,  15-3  RECORD ON THE GIANTS!!  A young Pedro Martinez right here,  All Webb has is 4 more wins but also 2 more losses on a much better team this year, Lincy beats him in everything else and its not close,  He DESERVES THE CY YOUNG!!! BEST PITCHER IN THE LEAGUE HANDS DOWN!!  GO TIMMY AND GO GIANTS!!!  WHAT A WIN TONIGHT!!

DIP DIP SET SET

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 10:21:31 PM »
right now there might be a question as to who will get the Cy Young...if webb ends with a record of 20+ wins, it wont be a question.

Brandon Webb: 188.2 IP / 157Ks / 2.96 ERA / 1.12 WHIP / 3 CG (1 Shutout) / 154 ERA+ / 3.41 K/BB/ .235 opponent AVG /19 W - 5 L

Tim Lincecum: 185.1 IP / 210Ks / 2.43 ERA / 1.18 WHIP / 0 CG / 173 ERA+* / 2.99 K/BB / .223 opponent AVG / 15 W - 3 L

* not updated to include todays game
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:31:37 PM by The Wykid Won »

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 10:28:40 PM »
right now there MIGHT be a question as to who will get the Cy Young...if webb ends with a record of 20+ wins, it wont be a question.

Oh believe me I am aware that Webb will win it but by no means does that mean he deserves it more than Lincy because he doesn't.  Lincecum has Webb beat easily in every stat but wins, and anyone that knows Baseball knows that there are several more important and reflecting stats than wins for a pitcher,  Lincecum deserves it for sure this year, He is definitely better than Webb and he will dominate baseball for a long time but yeah you are right cause Webb will win the award,  but Lincy clearly deserves it, he really is a young Pedro Martinez, I am 24 and has watched Baseball religiously since I was a little kid and along with Pedro in his prime Lincecum is the best pitcher I have ever seen,  so scary that he is only 24, WOW

DIP DIP SET SET

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2008, 10:33:47 PM »
idk if lincy has webb beat "easily" in every stat...theyre REALLY close in pretty much everything, except W/L and Ks.  W/L doesn't determine how good a pitcher is, and webb is a ground ball pitcher, not a strikout pitcher.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:35:27 PM by The Wykid Won »

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008, 10:44:32 PM »
Dude he has him beat in every stat but wins,  I dont expect you to give him credit cause he's a Giant and I know how Dodger fans are but there is no doubt he deserves the award

DIP DIP SET SET

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2008, 11:55:20 PM »
Dude he has him beat in every stat but wins,  I dont expect you to give him credit cause he's a Giant and I know how Dodger fans are but there is no doubt he deserves the award

i never said he didnt have him beat in a few stats...i just dont think lincy has him "easily" beat (like you said he does) in those stats.  a couple of .12 points isnt that big of a difference, lets see their stats after webbs next game.  i can guarantee you that webb will have more categories won than lost to lincy.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 12:12:00 AM »
Lincecum is top 5 no doubt, he has electric stuff, has gotten better over the year in locating his pitches and limiting his walks. Every game he pitches, he gives the Giants a chance to win, which is not easy to do. The one stat that he doesn't have in the NL is the complete games, but he would have more of those and wins if Bochy wasn't quick to hand him off to a bullpen that is very weak with the exception of Brian Wilson. Lincecum, Cliff Lee, Roy Halladay, CC Sabathia, Brandon Webb and Johan Santana are on a different level than the rest of the pitchers in the league right now.
I got a bird's eye view

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 01:32:18 PM »
Lincecum is top 5 no doubt, he has electric stuff, has gotten better over the year in locating his pitches and limiting his walks. Every game he pitches, he gives the Giants a chance to win, which is not easy to do. The one stat that he doesn't have in the NL is the complete games, but he would have more of those and wins if Bochy wasn't quick to hand him off to a bullpen that is very weak with the exception of Brian Wilson. Lincecum, Cliff Lee, Roy Halladay, CC Sabathia, Brandon Webb and Johan Santana are on a different level than the rest of the pitchers in the league right now.

exactly! Plus hes a K pitcher so he throws more pitches. He could def have a few CG games hes pitched 8 innings plenty of times and then got pulled...He is also 3rd in the NL in DP Percentage so not only does he get alot of K's he gets alot of Double plays..

The Best of 3 Worlds