Author Topic: 49ers/NFL fans..  (Read 580 times)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 49ers/NFL fans..
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008, 04:39:58 PM »
im just glad nolan settled on a qb...hopefully jt works out,changin qbs mid-season=a wrap on the season.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 11:17:23 PM »
im just glad nolan settled on a qb...hopefully jt works out,changin qbs mid-season=a wrap on the season.

if they think if they changed to Hill theyd be okay, change to Alex and wed be dead in the water
'

The Best of 3 Worlds

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2008, 01:49:10 AM »
Aside from the 1st preseason game, all of the QB's have looked capable, with O'Sullivan showing the confidence and comfort to know when to take chances. Smith's numbers didn't look great against the Bears, but if you factor in a spike or two, getting rid of the ball to avoid a sack twice, and a dropped pass, it wasn't bad at all. I remember all the excitement the 49ers built at the end of 2006, then the disaster of last year came. I'm not saying for sure that he would have been good, but Smith would have benefitted from a coordiantor that set the offense to his talents, spreading it out more and allowing him to rollout and run. In college, he made a lot of plays with his feet, but he has tried too hard to be a pocket passer in the NFL, and he has struggled.
I got a bird's eye view

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2008, 01:28:25 PM »
Aside from the 1st preseason game, all of the QB's have looked capable, with O'Sullivan showing the confidence and comfort to know when to take chances. Smith's numbers didn't look great against the Bears, but if you factor in a spike or two, getting rid of the ball to avoid a sack twice, and a dropped pass, it wasn't bad at all. I remember all the excitement the 49ers built at the end of 2006, then the disaster of last year came. I'm not saying for sure that he would have been good, but Smith would have benefitted from a coordiantor that set the offense to his talents, spreading it out more and allowing him to rollout and run. In college, he made a lot of plays with his feet, but he has tried too hard to be a pocket passer in the NFL, and he has struggled.
I agree, but the one thing that REALLY bothers me about Alex is the fact then he leaves the Pocket quicker then say Hill or JT, its like Hes been rolling out his whole life, he doesnt know how to wait a little longer in the pocket to let the play devleop, almost like he looks at his first read, maybe the 2nd then he takes off outside the pocket which takes away half the field...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2008, 01:39:04 PM »
^^I agree with that..I guess it's not knowing when to rollout and when to stay in the pocket really. If they designed some plays to get him on the move a little bit, maybe he would have better success. Either way, the competition moving from Utah to the NFL looks way too quick for him, because his success in college was based on a lot of running and never being put on his back when he stayed in the pocket. O'Sullivan has showed a little bit about what happens when he stays in the pocket, and Hill did a great job at that last year. Let the athletes at the skill positions make the plays.
I got a bird's eye view

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2008, 12:24:51 AM »
^^I agree with that..I guess it's not knowing when to rollout and when to stay in the pocket really. If they designed some plays to get him on the move a little bit, maybe he would have better success. Either way, the competition moving from Utah to the NFL looks way too quick for him, because his success in college was based on a lot of running and never being put on his back when he stayed in the pocket. O'Sullivan has showed a little bit about what happens when he stays in the pocket, and Hill did a great job at that last year. Let the athletes at the skill positions make the plays.

for sure we can def do some rollout plays to help Alex, but at the end of the day to be a great Qb you gotta pass from the Pocket or be athletic like Vick, which Alex aint, and in Martz's offense Plays take time to develop and Alex just doesnt yet seem fitted for that.

Im really exicted about JT and how Martz can help him develop, look wut he did with 3 guys who had stalled careers Bulger, Warner and Trent Green. JT is in the same type of postion..I see a bright future.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2008, 03:39:29 PM »
if the offense can help the d out by puttin some drives together then the niners can make things intresting...thankfully we are in the nfc west  ;D

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2008, 07:16:19 PM »
every1 at espn says the 49ers are last place material

then again they all hate on the jets and none of the talking heads know what theyre criticizing

dontcha hate that?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2008, 11:32:51 PM »

then again they all hate on the jets and none of the talking heads know what theyre criticizing

dontcha hate that?
I NEVER Listen to the people at ESPN. Except Jaws

The Best of 3 Worlds

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2008, 06:45:41 PM »

dontcha hate that?

jaws is that nigga

tom jackson's on point

Palantonio is a solid NFC East reporter

clayton and Mort are ok

they finally canned Salisberry!  i hate that fucker

Schlereth is kinda a dink

thats all the strictly NFL cats at espn i can think of now
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2008, 12:27:56 AM »

dontcha hate that?

jaws is that nigga

tom jackson's on point

Palantonio is a solid NFC East reporter

clayton and Mort are ok

they finally canned Salisberry!  i hate that fucker

Schlereth is kinda a dink

thats all the strictly NFL cats at espn i can think of now

Eric Allen is good
Merrill Hoge is GREAT!!
And the Titans old Gm, thats always on there, the old guy he knows his shit..
And isnt Marcelius Wiley an NFL analyst now? Or is that for NFL network? I believe its ESPN..

The Best of 3 Worlds

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2008, 09:28:46 PM »
ea is the man

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2008, 10:25:45 PM »
^^Cris Carter can get on my nerves a little bit, but I do like Keyshawn, and Mike Ditka is the man!! I remember him being an announcer for the 49ers-Cardinals season opener last year, and his knowledge of the game was amazing.. On the note of 49ers-Cardinals, I can't wait for Sunday when our defense harasses Old Man Warner and Josh Morgan shows everyone why he should have been a first or second-round pick in the draft!!
I got a bird's eye view

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2008, 10:27:46 PM »
I cant wait for Sunday!!! SO FUCKIN EXCITED!!!!  We have to take care of the Cards and then get it done week 2 against the Seahawks,  our schedule is obsurd, so brutal

DIP DIP SET SET

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 10:24:02 AM »
props to the niner fans,hopefully warner goes back to bagging groceries by sundays end