Author Topic: Warren G-The G Files (October 28, 2008)  (Read 857 times)

Soopahigh

Re: Warren G-The G Files (October 28, 2008)
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 10:53:20 AM »
Good shit. I wasn't feeling that "Crush" track when I first heard it, but I gotta give it another chance. But like it or not, either way, I'm gonna check the album. G Dub is one of those must artists for me.

me neither but i will check it out no matter what  8)

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 11:12:26 AM »
judging from the single he dropped with ray j, the album gon´suck big fat donkey balls

Sad but true... from what I heard lately by G Dub its a fact that he fell the fuck off

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 11:20:52 AM »
I really dont like the features
Yeah apart from Snoop. Id like to hear some classic LBC shit there.

This album will be crazy if he really is focusing that hard on making it as G-funk as his old album. The production on that was crazy and the beats were classic.

Thats excetly what i was thinking

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 12:25:02 PM »
I really dont like the features
Yeah apart from Snoop. Id like to hear some classic LBC shit there.

This album will be crazy if he really is focusing that hard on making it as G-funk as his old album. The production on that was crazy and the beats were classic.

but warren is the one who really has a problem with this..... It is really funny to see Warren as dude who can open doors... That was in mid-90s but today??? Man, stop dreaming drop some music you known for

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

PLANT

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 02:43:09 PM »
cant wait to hear some new Warren!  Im always ready to bump some Warren G 8)

kuruptDPG

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 04:00:46 PM »
hopfuly it'l have a "i want it all" album vibe to it

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 04:27:10 PM »
Crush was alright but i'm looking forward to hearin some new G dubb
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:28:44 PM by rhythmalism »

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 04:48:29 PM »
the one wit ray ithe second single , wichon e the first?
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 10:51:24 PM »
nice read

Eddz

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 11:01:19 PM »
Warren G is one of my all time favorite's. He always seems to keep a low profile and never featured on many albums, what's with that?

love33

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 04:37:55 AM »
Warren G is one of my all time favorite's. He always seems to keep a low profile and never featured on many albums, what's with that?

Warren G was the face of Def Jam in the 90's.  He left Death Row and joined Russell Simmons and was all over MTV with hit after hit.  I'm surprised they don't cherish his legacy on MTV the way they do Nas, Snoop, and Jay-Z because he was just as huge at the time.  Besides "Regulate," "You Don't See" was a huge hit, "I Shot The Sherriff" video was all over MTV.  "To All My DJs" was another big hit that was off his second album which was also platinum plus.  "I Want It All" with Mack 10 was big and my personal favorite album, also "Relax Ya Mind" and "World Wide Ryders" was a hit.  Twinz, Dove Shack, and Foesum all piggybacked off him in the 1990's.  Groups like AllFrumThaI and Homicide was doing G-Funk in the 1990's because of the success of Warren G's movement.  If you ain't heard, check Tha Twinz "Conversation" album released on Def Jam in 1995.  It's out of print and may be difficult to find, but search Amazon for it.  I guarantee you won't be dissapointed if you enjoy G-Funk.  This was arguably one of the top 20 albums of all time and most slept on (only went Gold and should have sold millions) and Warren G was a huge part of this album.