Author Topic: Warren G-The G Files (October 28, 2008)  (Read 859 times)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Warren G-The G Files (October 28, 2008)
« on: August 18, 2008, 07:59:59 AM »
http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2008/08/18/20423585.aspx

By Ismael AbduSalaam

Veteran West Coast producer and rapper Warren G is putting the finishing touches on his sixth solo album The G Files, which is due out in October.

In an exclusive interview with AllHipHop.com, Warren G shed light on the vision he has planned for the album.

“I don’t like to put a whole bunch of guest appearances of artists that are known, but I do like to take the unknown talent and let them get in,” Warren G explained to AllHipHop.com, alluding to his past work with artists such as Bishop Lamont, Ice Cube, Tha Dogg Pound and others. “So that way I can help them jump start their careers.”

One well known name confirmed for the album is singer Ray J, who is featured on the second single “Crush.”

While surprising to many, Warren discloses that the fit was natural.

“I knew him since he was a young buck hanging out at Snoop’s house,” he stated. “I called him up like ‘dude, I got this hot record, the hook is ready all you gotta do is learn it.’ He jumped on it and laid it down. The record’s been bubbling ever since.”

Warren verified that he will do his fair share of rhyming on the album.

However, the Grammy-nominated producer made it clear that his primary focus is providing the signature G-Funk sound that’s defined his career.

“I’m a producer,” states a steadfast Warren G. “I’m not one of those cats that’s gonna get on and say ‘I’m an incredible MC that should be in the top 5’ and all that. I’m not saying I can’t rap because I can, but I’m a producer first.”

While West Coast Hip-Hop continues to thrive on a regional level, nationally many talented artists fail to gain exposure in today’s climate.

As a West Coast artist whose name is still well-known to the general public, Warren G plans to use The G Files to create new avenues for artists in his region.

“I can be the door-opener because there’s a gang of talent out here and they ain’t got no avenues. Either you go through Interscope or you go through…sh*t I don’t even know who else!” Warren laughed. “The doors ain’t being opened. The talent not being heard out here is incredible.”

The G Files will also feature appearances from Snoop Dogg, Paul Wall, Lil Keke, and former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker.

The album is scheduled for release on October 28.

~Lucien~

Re: Warren G-The G Files (October 28, 2008)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 08:05:27 AM »
Thanks for the news. No Nate Dogg on the album? It's a shame...

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 08:13:55 AM »
lol.. :laugh: :laugh:Saw rhis on his myspace like 10 minutes ago-was going to post it!

I'm looking forward to his album,want to see what he has been up to!!
I'm not too sure about the Travis Baker collaboration though..but we'll see how that works out!

Ray J is not exactly a new artist, so i'm not sure where warren is geting that from..but who knows..
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

smegma

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 08:17:40 AM »
Nice one! :)

Lazar

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 08:18:08 AM »
Can´t wait for new music from the G Kid  8) Hope it will have some nice cuts and not too much guest appearances like the last one. Also hope that we will get suprised with a feature from Nate

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 09:36:17 AM »
Hella anticipating!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

f0n|{sta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • U Cant Fuck With The One Man Band ^^
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 09:41:39 AM »

--- G-Funk...all day everyday ---

D-Stress

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 09:45:13 AM »
judging from the single he dropped with ray j, the album gon´suck big fat donkey balls

love33

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 10:10:56 AM »
Suck balls? That song with Ray J is his biggest hit in years and it's tearing up the XM and clubs.  People are actually calling in to request that track.  That's a smooth pimpin-type track that will get Warren G back on the map.  He got his face out there again on the MTV Rap Superstar and MTV will play his video on TRL because unlike a lot of westcoasters, he's liked by a lot of their media reps.  If anything, this is the style of tracks he does best and should throw at least 5 tracks like this on his final album and watch him sell platinum status once again.  Big props and Big ups to G Dubb for doing it real big again.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 10:12:38 AM »
let's see... :-\

Paul

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 10:24:46 AM »
judging from the single he dropped with ray j, the album gon´suck big fat donkey balls

lol
funkyfreshintheflesh

Klue

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 10:30:28 AM »
G-funk  ???

means garbage funk

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 10:41:09 AM »
I really dont like the features

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 10:44:40 AM »
Good shit. I wasn't feeling that "Crush" track when I first heard it, but I gotta give it another chance. But like it or not, either way, I'm gonna check the album. G Dub is one of those must artists for me.

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 10:47:07 AM »
I really dont like the features
Yeah apart from Snoop. Id like to hear some classic LBC shit there.

This album will be crazy if he really is focusing that hard on making it as G-funk as his old album. The production on that was crazy and the beats were classic.