Author Topic: (New Music) Terrace Martin: The Martin & Blake Jam Session (Prod. By DJ Quik)  (Read 1176 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: (New Music) Terrace Martin: The Martin & Blake Jam Session (Prod. By DJ Quik
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 03:48:53 AM »
Damm, this is definitely a dope track. Makes me think of the Quik's groove he did on "Under tha influence" which was definitely the best one on that funky jazz tip.

It's not a new thought at all..but I've always felt that the West Coast should use Jazz as a spring board for a new sound, the same way we used funk in the 90's. Jazz also has a timeless sound, and it is still just as melodic and mellow as the funk-inspired music we had in the 90's. Quik would definitely be the king and the "Dre" of this era if it happened, and Terrance would be like a Quik or Battlecat in it. I think he shows the most potential to RUN next decade for the West, and could even make impact for other coasts if he gets the exposure. I think he has 2-3 years before reaching his potential as a producer...right now, his talent shows me some things that his music hasn't even shown yet, but when it gets there, it's a WRAP.

AnybodyKilla

Re: (New Music) Terrace Martin: The Martin & Blake Jam Session (Prod. By DJ Quik)
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 04:18:33 AM »
Damn this is sickkkk. Id like to see someone rap on this but i dont know who would fit nicely on it!!!

~Lucien~

Re: (New Music) Terrace Martin: The Martin & Blake Jam Session (Prod. By DJ Quik)
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 06:18:15 AM »
This is just great! thanks Styles...

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 08:53:27 AM »
Quik is the BEST to ever touch faders.. (and no I'm not biased)..
Terrace Martin is swiftly proving his dominance through an ailing industry.. I love his sh*t..

but.. something else catches my attention in this post..

i'm sitting here bumpin this hot sheeit and noticed that in the photo at the beginning of this thread..
the two white cats in the background are trading off what looks to be a pistol! lol..

can anyone confirm that the homiez weren't jacked for any instrumentals recently...?  LoL.. J/K
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

~Lucien~

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 08:56:39 AM »
Terrace Martin is swiftly proving his dominance through an ailing industry.. I love his sh*t..

i'm sitting here bumpin this hot sheeit and noticed that in the photo at the beginning of this thread..
the two white cats in the background are trading off what looks to be a pistol! lol..

can anyone confirm that the homiez weren't jacked for any instrumentals recently...?  LoL.. J/K

hahaha

Fresco

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 09:46:15 AM »
Smooth! I love it! No vocals needed, just the music for the music! And the sax is really on point!

Hopefully the next one will be Teddy & Terrace Jam! It's a lil' off topic but the 3 Teddy's Jam are amazing!

Lunatic

Re: (New Music) Terrace Martin: The Martin & Blake Jam Session (Prod. By DJ Quik
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 09:47:26 AM »
Damm, this is definitely a dope track. Makes me think of the Quik's groove he did on "Under tha influence" which was definitely the best one on that funky jazz tip.

It's not a new thought at all..but I've always felt that the West Coast should use Jazz as a spring board for a new sound, the same way we used funk in the 90's. Jazz also has a timeless sound, and it is still just as melodic and mellow as the funk-inspired music we had in the 90's. Quik would definitely be the king and the "Dre" of this era if it happened, and Terrance would be like a Quik or Battlecat in it. I think he shows the most potential to RUN next decade for the West, and could even make impact for other coasts if he gets the exposure. I think he has 2-3 years before reaching his potential as a producer...right now, his talent shows me some things that his music hasn't even shown yet, but when it gets there, it's a WRAP.

i like that right there
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Soopahigh

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 09:49:21 AM »
this beat is soooooooo smooth  8)
These 2 make a perfect combo  :)

Soopahigh

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 09:50:16 AM »

i like that right there

me 2 that's the right direction for Westocast music

+1 to both of yall

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 10:03:02 AM »
Loving this track, would love to hear a whole album of Terrace & Quik together

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 10:30:51 AM »
yo BIG!

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 10:44:38 AM »

shit, I didn't even notice that and I'm the photographer for the pic...lol. we were at a studio in Burbank where Quik was mixing down Snoop's album. those guys were there because they were setting up a scene for Snoop's Father Hood reality tv show.   
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

englishvocabullaryinuse

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 11:11:37 AM »
THIS AIN'T NEW MUSIC!!!

DON'T GET ME WRONG I LOVE IT, BUT THIS TRACK WAS OUT FOR ABOUT A YEAR. FUZZY FROM POWER 106 HAD IT UP ON HIS WEBSITE AND QUIK USED THE INSTRUMETNAL IN A BIG BOY DROP FOR POWER 106.

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT IT WAS FUZZY ON THE SAX AND QUIK ON THE BEAT.

I DON'T KNOW, GOOD SHIT BUT NOTHING NEW!!

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 11:25:03 AM »
THIS AIN'T NEW MUSIC!!!

DON'T GET ME WRONG I LOVE IT, BUT THIS TRACK WAS OUT FOR ABOUT A YEAR. FUZZY FROM POWER 106 HAD IT UP ON HIS WEBSITE AND QUIK USED THE INSTRUMETNAL IN A BIG BOY DROP FOR POWER 106.

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT IT WAS FUZZY ON THE SAX AND QUIK ON THE BEAT.

I DON'T KNOW, GOOD SHIT BUT NOTHING NEW!!

is this true??? ;D ;D

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 11:32:28 AM »
thanks 8)