Author Topic: Beatmaking tutorial  (Read 301 times)

Don Seer

Beatmaking tutorial
« on: July 19, 2001, 09:17:48 AM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Beatmaking tutorial
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2001, 01:11:14 PM »
CHEERS OVERSEER HELPED ME A LOT

Alright...now lets search for sounds. The best way to get sounds you like, is to snatch them from songs you like. if you like a particular kik, or snare from a record, sample it into the machine. If you prefer to save time and kill 2 birds with one stone, use cd's. You can download a cd ripper off the internet for free. a cd ripper is a program that extracts a song from a cd in seconds and saves it as a .wav file on your pc. once you have the .wav file, you need to edit it. You can search on the internet for free .wav editors. If you want a better program, search for programs like sound forge 4.5, cool edit 2000 or wavelab 3.0. The first 2 offer mp3 plug ins that I will discuss later. A program you way want to try is 'mobius' by square circle software. the demo is available free at squarecircle.com. It is a program that has a built in cd ripper, coupled with a sample extraction feature. once you have ripped the .wav file, you can open it and extract individual sounds very easily. The program detects different sounds in the .wav file and allows you to separate them, and export them a smaller .wav file. Another program by the same company is wavesurgeon, which does not have the cd ripping feature. Recycle, by steinberg is also a good program to use. the demo can be found at steinberg.com.

CAN U XPLAIN THIS A LITTLE BETTA THO....HOW CAN U REMOVE A 'SNARE' ETC

IS IT COMPLEX

CUD SUM1 WRITE A WALKTHRU OF FRUITY LOOPS??

AND CAN SUM1 WHO HAS THE CRACK EMAIL ME?

peace

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Don Seer

Re: Beatmaking tutorial
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2001, 01:50:07 AM »
what u need to do to get a particular snare or whatever is find a song with it in the clear.. ac lassic example is Skull Snaps - Brand New Day.