Author Topic: a dare that 98% of you can't do  (Read 585 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
a dare that 98% of you can't do
« on: June 19, 2002, 02:49:30 PM »
i know i've done it before too so i'm not saying i'm transcendent here but just for the sake of making a statement

i fuckin dare you to make a diss verse to anyone or anything without making any gay jokes,references,punches etc....just mention nothing about homosexuality...can you do it? 6509432850 of you muthafuckaz just said no...it's getting old,and it makes us look real ignorant and then we'll go bitch about how hip-hop's not respected,we are some of the most smart and tasteful hip hop fans out there and we still make gay jokes..i mean damn,i do it too but i look at these threads and it's just damn i gotta stop,so who's with me? i mean why is it a bad thing anyway? Because it's different from you? You know how we sometimesare like "Damn just 40 years ago black people were persecuted extremely everywhere even in america..." 40 or so years from now,people then will be like "Man,gays were persecuted extremely everywhere even in america" this is just like fucking racism,it's like accusing a bunch of white people of being "niggers" while there's black people watching,it's just prejudice really,how many of you really really know gays?.....and i bet damn near anything
that responses to this post are gonna call ME gay because i had the nerve to say this...well i'm secure with my sexuality,i know i'm straight but it does't mean i have the right to hate on gays because they're different,i've done it too and i'm stoppin so that's that in my min.....go ahead call me a fag....i should have probably put this in anything goes or something but i put in the keystyle because damn near all the diss threads have gay disses in them so i think you'll understand.peace-Tanjint
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

So Much Style

Re: a dare that 98% of you can't do
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2002, 04:23:00 PM »
i get real hardcore/
then i take a sharp sword/
and cut your rhymes to peaces/shredded is how i leave it/
tanjint knows, but he cant believe it/
narrators his only challege, i know i dont come frequent/
but when i come in, i rip somethin/
then you get snapped like rubb-er bands/
i show you my talents, put it on display/
you wonder, how can i rock it this way/
your left in dismay/
by my lyrical perfections/
i slur, fix shit like technitions/
if theres a problem i be the one chin checkin/
now im dissin tanjint, just for the note of it/
and you leave you hope in that/
i will drop this verse, and not check again/
but im jus warmin up, lets begin/
cause yo, 98% cant do what i just did/
but im exceptional, the top 2%, what bitch!
So much style back at it again

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2002, 04:48:16 PM »
that was dope as fuck/
but now throats is cut/your notes of luck/
are extinguised/while this Mc distinguished/
any mic power you had is now relinquished now Tanjint has left the last  MC vanquished/i create banquets/while you hungry MC's can't understand my language/
i spite thy lines/while you'd bite my rhymes/
while the power makes you cower befoe Mc Superior/
you think you spooky? well it just got eerier/
i break any barriers/with a buss of a stanza/
i demand/a grip of props now who's the boss? like tony danza!
these other Mc's to my goal are not pertinent/
the collective ego i'm hurtin it/while you ain't worth a shit/
not one joke remotely related to ass lubricant/
so i'm another one of the few n the top 2 percent/

that was tight sms,it was no dissing just rhymin,thanks for the reply homey,peace-Tanjint

westcoastavengers.com

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2002, 05:43:47 PM »
my rhymes rarely have that shit in em, really tho

KVB

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2002, 07:13:29 PM »
I'm too fucking homophobic.... my rhymes always has some of that shit in em, can't help it :-/

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2002, 09:15:26 PM »
I ain't even gonna respond with a new written diss. Tanjibility knows that 90% of my battle rhymes don't have gay references. But the ones that do are more of a reference than anything. Just look at my stuff from the past. Too bad the board erased some of my more resent stuff, that was getting really good. Oh well.

ToNe1904

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2002, 09:18:43 PM »
Anybody here could write a verse without puttin gay remarks in it. But unless the whole board has a problem with it (other then tanjint) i dont see whas the problem. Seeing as how homosexuality is not all that respected in rap music, I just look at this as another way to shoot down rappers, which i know tanjint loves to do. In our battles from now on, should we never diss anybody on ANY level? No more callin people "slow" or anything to that effect, cus we cant offend retarded rhymers on the board, i know who yall are! lol. No more making the "your only sick when [sum disease placed here]" type diss, because it might offend diseased people. I understand whatcha gettin at man, i dont look at this shit as the same thing between races...but if u do, then this needs to be a topic for hall of mirrors. Peace.

:.Da6shoota.:

• 'G'
  • Repin` Killa Kali !!!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2002, 10:05:03 PM »
U should in no way compare the persecution of a race of people (& I ain't just talkin' bout' African-Americans) to being gay.

U have a choice to be gay or not (But U gotta' control them homophobic feelings because God made woman for man, & man for woman), but U can't change your ethnicity.

I'll be damned if I let some softhearted muthafucka talk me into changing my view of what I feel is right & wrong. I don't have anything against gays, but I don't agree with that type of behavior (even though I wouldn't mind gettin' freaky with 2 fine lesbians).  ;)

& if U're saying that behavior is something a person can't control, then I'm gonna' say U're a liar.

So U can't count on me to support the gay cause U're tryin' to lead--I diss whoever I wanna diss, however I wanna' diss em', whenever I wanna diss em'.

& if anyone has problems with my position, U know how we can handle it!!!

>:(

Inland     Empire

How many emcees must get dissed ?

New Artist:

CYLO Multimedia©
[/glow]

ToNe1904

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2002, 10:32:51 PM »
I diss whoever I wanna diss, however I wanna' diss em', whenever I wanna diss em'.

& if anyone has problems with my position, U know how we can handle it!!!

>:(

n thas real...

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2002, 10:25:55 AM »
Okay once more i'm not saying this to not offend anyone on here because i highly doubt anyone here is gay,i just think it's ignorant....and da6shooter i don't know if people can control being gay or not but if they can't then it is just like racism because one can't change their skin color(generally speaking)
also the word you were looking for is homosexual not homophobic which means afraid of gays,being gay or gay behavior,i'm not just trying to correct you but it made it harder to understand your post when the word you used is almost the exact opposite of what you meant....

anyway and Tone why are you putting homosexuality on the same level as retardation and disease like it's a bad thing? That's narrow minded to think that being gay is a bad thing just because it's different than you. Yes we make jokes about disease and retardation....those are bad things that happen to people and can be handled as such...being gay isn't something bad that happens to people,it's the way someone is which is why i think it's sort of ignorant to act like it's a bad thing because it's different from us. Tone: i'm not calling you ignorant,you're actually one of the only people on the baord that can really hold their own against me in arguing,i asaid ignorant and narrow minded in reference to certain behaviors and i admit myself i have partaken in such ignorant behavior so i'm not trying to berate you, this is just a keystyle related discussion/debate i'm going for here not trying to shoot down rappers...shit,i rap! anyway i appreciate everyones responses so let's just keep talkin.peace-Tanjint

westcoastavengers.com

ToNe1904

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2002, 11:58:31 AM »
anyway and Tone why are you putting homosexuality on the same level as retardation and disease like it's a bad thing? That's narrow minded to think that being gay is a bad thing just because it's different than you. Yes we make jokes about disease and retardation....those are bad things that happen to people and can be handled as such...being gay isn't something bad that happens to people,it's the way someone is which is why i think it's sort of ignorant to act like it's a bad thing because it's different from us. Tone: i'm not calling you ignorant,you're actually one of the only people on the baord that can really hold their own against me in arguing,i asaid ignorant and narrow minded in reference to certain behaviors and i admit myself i have partaken in such ignorant behavior so i'm not trying to berate you, this is just a keystyle related discussion/debate i'm going for here not trying to shoot down rappers...shit,i rap! anyway i appreciate everyones responses so let's just keep talkin.peace-Tanjint

^^aiight thas cool. This is tha deal. tha reason i compared it to being Retarded and Diseased, is because u said that our shit talking about homosexuality is similar to racism. That a person cant control being gay, just like a person cant control their skin color. Well, a person also cant control being born retarded. Often cant control having a disease. I aint sayin that a gay person is "retarded and diseased". My point is that we diss people in our raps on MANY levels. So if u cant use disses involvin homosexuality, then u also cant use disses based on other uncontrollable conditions of people (like, retardation). But u havent defended that. My thing iz this, when i write mah battles...im tryin for several thingz. One of them, to attack the other person, either on a lyrical or personal level. Another thing, is to make tha readerz laugh. For one reason or another, people seem to find that "gay", "retarded", "diseased" shit tah be funny...n tha "racism" shit, not. Rappers are gonna write what they feel, and what they want. But at tha same time, their gonna give tha people what they want. So if that "gay" shit bothers u, well....its somethin to take up with the listeners...not the rappers. Which is why i said before, this is a "Hall Of Mirrors" topic. My last response on thiz thread. Peace

Pillow

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2002, 08:52:19 PM »
one time i made a disc to roccy calling him a "fat faggot" but was i really lying? LOL na roccy i am just messing wit u....but ya, most ppl dont have shit in there stuff about being gay or anything, most ppl can do it, iits not that hard tan....

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2002, 07:14:05 PM »
Hey Tanjibility/
You get anal sex from white hillbilies/
To the best of their abilities/
Insert penis into the rectum/
When i wreck em, those fags , i disrespect em/
You get love from Gays like David Beckham/
I be's that homophobic, flippin lyrical aerobics/
I point a gat at homos after i load it/
You'se a fruity Loc, holla at me and you will get smoked/
Your bitch ass is probably watching Queer as Folk/
You better proceed with Caushan, cuz you a Gay MC/
I'll damage ya more than HIV/

;D :D :D :D ;D
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Pillow

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2002, 08:23:25 PM »
^^ damn men thats fucked up...unless u waz just joking around

ToNe1904

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2002, 09:25:13 PM »
Hey Tanjibility/
You get anal sex from white hillbilies/
To the best of their abilities/
Insert penis into the rectum/
When i wreck em, those fags , i disrespect em/
You get love from Gays like David Beckham/
I be's that homophobic, flippin lyrical aerobics/
I point a gat at homos after i load it/
You'se a fruity Loc, holla at me and you will get smoked/
Your bitch ass is probably watching Queer as Folk/
You better proceed with Caushan, cuz you a Gay MC/
I'll damage ya more than HIV/

LOLOL

damn Tech....i guess yur in that 98%....

fukit, good verse  ;)