Author Topic: If You Love 2PAC Music and/or Haters.. LoL!! <<Click Here>>  (Read 2005 times)

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
Re: If You Love 2PAC Music and/or Haters.. LoL!! <<Click Here>>
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2008, 10:16:51 AM »
Ok...i guess a better question would be how come none of this stuff ever sees the light of day?  That's cool that some of the stuff you got will be released on your mixtape, but I can't remember the last time you did a feature on an official album with some of these westcoast guys you work with.  Do all your songs just not make the final album cut?  When you released "Where I Wanna Be", "Wake Up", and "John Doe" it looked like you were gonna be a major player on the westcoast, but then it seemed like you took a step back from collabing with the mainstream guys, i was just wondering if anything happened in particular to cause this.

I didn't take a step back.. I just kept moving and really never looked back.
MCA went bankrupt in the middle of my campaign.. that's why my original situation toppled..
after that, which was my 7th Major Deal by this point, I didn't want to go that route anymore..
so I went straight Indie.. in doing this certain things change:

Clearances, Releases, Signing-Off:  Go read up on it, not about to run down this long subject - this is why certain songs never see light.. it is wat it is.
Emphasis on Digital Releases rather than Hardcopy: although I will still release a few hardcopy projects in the future, most will be Digi..
Emphasis on International Promotions rather than Domestic: Without a major, you must buy your way onto MTV, BET so forth and on..
with records not selling like they used to, why would I pay all that money when I could focus on an indie campaign that can easily turn 1500 into 25K?
so without mainstream promo u lose interest from domestic areas.. I jumped shipped and went the International route, more money more tours.. TQ will agree.

As far as Johnny J..  After Pac was released I rarely seen J anymore.
When TQ signed to Cash Money I rarely seen him anymore..
folks just get busy doing what they are doing.. and then shit took off for me after 2000 and I then I was always gone.
I do wish I could've saw him more but we can't help certain events sometimes. I am satisfied with our last memory together though, it was a good one.

Demos won't see the light of day if they aren't recorded professionally.
I have no interest in releasing material I literally recorded in someone's basement or makeshift bathroom booth..
I have an archive of hundreds upon hundreds demos.. from SM to SS..
everything we record will not release.. it's just how the industry works..
it's easy to be on the outside and say just drop it..  how bout just drop a lawsuit?
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: If You Love 2PAC Music and/or Haters.. LoL!! <<Click Here>>
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2008, 10:53:30 AM »
Interesting.....well, hopefully with more of the westcoast vets going independent, it will be easier for you to hook up with some of these people again without all the label politics involved.  I'd love to see you on a bigger artist's album, like Warren G or DJ Quik.