Author Topic: Why Does Snoop Not Get Grief For Using Ghostwriters?  (Read 2265 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: Why Does Snoop Not Get Grief For Using Ghostwriters?
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2009, 08:52:50 AM »
Snoop been using ghostwriters his whole career, and in my opinion his best stuff was when Soopafly and DOC were involved , those two knows how to bring the lyrical Snoop the Snoop with the great punch lines,  after  his Malice N Wonderland  failure I hope Snoop considers this  for a better album next time : Dr.Dre, Dj Quik, Soopafly & DOC, if he gets those 4 to direct him he ll be able to bring himself back where he belongs

Chad Vader

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2009, 09:44:24 AM »
Snoop been using ghostwriters his whole career, and in my opinion his best stuff was when Soopafly and DOC were involved , those two knows how to bring the lyrical Snoop the Snoop with the great punch lines,  after  his Malice N Wonderland  failure I hope Snoop considers this  for a better album next time : Dr.Dre, Dj Quik, Soopafly & DOC, if he gets those 4 to direct him he ll be able to bring himself back where he belongs

;)

R Kelly feat The D.O.C; It Ain't Easy Snippet (Sketch for Snoop)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OBOUpEe_jQA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OBOUpEe_jQA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Final version;
R. Kelly - Pimpin' Ain't Easy (feat. Snoop Dogg)
http://www.zshare.net/audio/65410778afedcbcc/

BeatMakers

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2009, 09:46:43 AM »
The values, traditions, respect that Emcees once had no longer apply. The ability to write your own lyrics is a lost art. The majority of the population that listen to Hip Hop Music could really care less. With that being said Snoop has diplomatic immunity for being given grief.

"Battle" The Movie Coming Soon  

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2009, 03:51:06 PM »
for real and he uses them more than dre does right?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2009, 04:31:46 PM »
singers dont get grief why should rappers...

machete

• 'G'
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2009, 05:59:31 PM »
i think the reason snoop doesn't get grief is a combination of new fans not caring and the fact the snoop is a big personality.  The majority of people who are complaining are old school like me who who expect the artist who is spiitin' to be spittin' from the heart.  unfortuneately we are in era where pop rap is the dominant genre, and all that matters now is the latest dance craze.   

conqueso34

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2009, 07:18:17 PM »
didnt really feel like reading all the replies to this one, but im gonna say my thoughts

its because he personally came out and said he was using ghostwriters, no need to hide it, other rappers do

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2009, 09:44:47 PM »
 I only read page 1 & 4 but yeah as has pretty much been said, Snoop used to be a ghost writetr himself and used to write all his raps. Plus i mean, look at how much music dude has put out man! of course you gonna get writters block with so many songs recorded.
 Lots of rappers that dont use ghost writters just rap about the same shit all the time and recycle the rhymes a ridiclious amount of times.
 And yeah he always admitted he had ghost writters, like in teh credits for his albums he used to give credit to Bad Azz and Goldie loc for ghost writting for him.
 But i must admit i cut Snoop alot of slack if alot of other rapers used ghost writters i prolly woulds loose respect for them so it is a good point..

« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 01:50:29 AM by KrazySumwhat »

baracknews

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2009, 10:01:08 PM »
BECAUSE IMAGE AND NAME ARE WHAT SELLS RECORDS SOME COMPANIES DONT WANT TO BREAK NEW ARTIST SO THEY USE THE SAME ONES TO TRY AND SELL A RECORD WITH

www.baracknews.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2009, 11:07:31 PM »
who snoopy write for?

I only read page 1 & 4 but yeah as has pretty much been said, Snoop used to be a ghost writetr himself and used to write all his raps. Plus i mean, look at how much music dude has put man! of course you gonna get writters block with so many songs recorded.
 Lots of rappers that dont use ghost writters just rap about the same shit all the time and recycle the rhymes a ridiclious amount of times.
 And yeah he always admitted he had ghost writters, like in teh credits for his albums he used to give credit to Bad Azz and Goldic loc for ghost writting for him.
 But i must admit i cut Snoop alot of slack if alot of other rapers used ghost writters i prolly woulds loose respect for them so it is a good point..

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2009, 01:52:40 AM »
who snoopy write for?
Dr.dre.
 To qoute RBX "me an d.o.c an dog sat an made lyrics to replenish your ass like gatorade" (refering to Dr-dre on his dre dis from "RBX files"

knowldge

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2009, 06:21:51 AM »
Didnt RBX write for Snoop?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2009, 05:35:09 PM »
i know people from snoops camp have wrote for him...but i was askin bout others like royce writin for dre and others
Cube

COMPTONRIDA1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • COMPTON ORIGINAL
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2009, 10:29:47 PM »
snoop is a phoney

was GREAT in the 90s

needs to hang it up now and quit pretending he's still able to rap

Whooooa HACK...I thought snop was ya guy? Well atleast i say he mo realer than Eiht.....

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2009, 01:08:14 AM »

i think no one gave him grief was because he was open about it.

he didn't hide it, didn't try and pass it off as his own ... he was real about it.

if he was trying to be shady amd hide the fact, he would have been attacked from everyone.

to him it was no big deal, he had nothing to prove, he spoke on it and people went 'so what?'