Author Topic: SHOULD T-PAIN BE THE ONLY PERSON TO USE THE VOICE CODER...  (Read 730 times)

Big PaybaCC

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • FOOD CHAIN CUZZ !!!
SHOULD T-PAIN BE THE ONLY PERSON TO USE THE VOICE CODER...
« on: October 13, 2008, 04:28:56 PM »
JUST FINISHED DEBATING WITH THE LIL HOMIE THAT IT DOES'NT BELONG TO T-PAIN IT BELONGED TO ROGER AND ZAPP EVEN THOUGH T-PAIN HAS MADE IT POPULAR AGAIN I DONT FEEL THAT HE IS THE OWNER OF THE STYLE CUZ WEST COAST LEGENDS LIKE BATTLECAT AND DJ QUIK HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS,ITS SEEMS TO ME WHEN WEST COAST DOES IT FIRST, THEN ITS PLAYED OUT OR AINT NOBODY FEELING IT BUT WHEN SOMEONE OUTSIDE THE WEST COAST DOES IT THEN ITS THE NEW TREND AND ITS THE GREATEST INVENTION SINCE THE WHEEL,ITS LIKE SOMEONE COMING INTO YOUR HOUSE AND FINDING SOME MONEY AND SAYING ITS THEIRS CUZ THEY FOUND IT WHERE YOU WOULD NEVER HAVE LOOKED...I SEE ALOT OF THESE DUDES STEALING OUR STYLE AND BLOWING UP FROM IT AND THEY NOT PAYING HOMAGE TO WHOM THEY GOT IT FROM!!! SO IM ASKING YOU THE PEOPLE IN THE HIP HOP WORLD DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE... AND LETS NOT TURN THIS INTO A CHILDISH NAME CALLING SESSION,THIS IS FOR SERIOUS DEBATERS ONLY!!!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 04:43:34 PM by Big PaybaCC »

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
Re: SHOULD T-PAIN BE THE ONLY PERSON TO USE THE VOICE CODER...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 04:48:33 PM »
Roger and Zapp, particularly Roger, are the pioneers of a particular process for making vocoded vocals.....

T-Pain, actually does not use a vocoder, he uses software, Auto-Tune by Antares..... But no, he should not be the only one using it.... he didn't invent it, He wasn't even the first to use it. T-Pain simply did something that no one else was doing (at the time) and while he should be given his props for tryin somethin that Niggas wasn't doin, he shouldn't be givin exclusive rights to something he didn't actually create.....

Now, Dj Quick and Battle cat are no strangers to Autotune, but up until T-Pain blew up, they were not using the program the same way that T-Pain does.... The program, actually has many other more practicle uses than just the "T-Pain FX".....

Speaking of Battle Cat WTF happen to that nigga? where he at?
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 04:49:15 PM »
t-pain doesnt even use the same sound as roger and zap...

r kelly uses it well on "shawty is the shit remix"... but basically yeah t-pain should be the only one.

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 04:50:24 PM »
I agree with you on T-Pain not being the originator of the vocoder and people not acknowledging who really started it but I think he's the only one who's using it in mainstream right now that doesn't sound stupid as hell. I think Snoop's Sexual Eruption and Wayne's Lollipop song sounded cool with it but it's just gettin out of hand because everybody wanna do it like it's something new and it's makin a lot of people's songs sound even more goofy.
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 04:53:41 PM »
JUST FINISHED DEBATING WITH THE LIL HOMIE THAT IT DOES'NT BELONG TO T-PAIN IT BELONGED TO ROGER AND ZAPP EVEN THOUGH T-PAIN HAS MADE IT POPULAR AGAIN I DONT FEEL THAT HE IS THE OWNER OF THE STYLE CUZ WEST COAST LEGENDS LIKE BATTLECAT AND DJ QUIK HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS,ITS SEEMS TO ME WHEN WEST COAST DOES IT FIRST, THEN ITS PLAYED OUT OR AINT NOBODY FEELING IT BUT WHEN SOMEONE OUTSIDE THE WEST COAST DOES IT THEN ITS THE NEW TREND AND ITS THE GREATEST INVENTION SINCE THE WHEEL,ITS LIKE SOMEONE COMING INTO YOUR HOUSE AND FINDING SOME MONEY AND SAYING ITS THEIRS CUZ THEY FOUND IT WHERE YOU WOULD NEVER LOOK...I SEE ALOT OF THESE DUDES STEALING OUR STYLE AND BLOWING UP FROM IT AND THEY NOT PAYING HOMAGE TO WHOM THEY GOT IT FROM!!! SO IM ASKING YOU THE PEOPLE IN THE HIP HOP WORLD DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE... AND LETS NOT TURN THIS INTO A CHILDISH NAME CALLING SESSION,THIS IS FOR SERIOUS DEBATERS ONLY!!!

My nigga Paybacc i see what you sayin but on the part about dudes stealing the west coast stuff and not paying homage its kind of like saying both the west and south stole hip hop from us up here on the east coast and not paying homage. I mean the banging stuff niggaz deserve to get called out on but if you mean as far as production,flow,delivery,and lyrics i dont think it should be a problem. By the way nah the auto tune aint only for t-pain he gets the credit for bringing it back but it aint limited to only him.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 05:05:45 PM by Trav Treezy »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Fuck the rest of that shit listen to Saigon

BIGWORM

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 05:32:35 PM »
Peter Frampton was the first to use the vocoder. Fuck "auto tunes"....

doja

• 'G'
  • atomic dog
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 05:34:15 PM »
1 niga shouldnt bite the next niggaz style regardless wut it is unless he given credit where its due..otherwise stay off the next mans nuts

Messizzle

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 05:35:12 PM »
As El the Self Image says, T-Pain doesn't use a vocoder, he uses Autotune. So you can't compare it with your examples.
And yes, T-Pain should be the only one using that unique effect cuz everybody else sounds like shit using it. Weezy, Kells, Kanye etc. etc. should stop using it cuz T-Pain is the only one who does it right...

Big J/ Gain Green

• Lil Geezy
  • Get Money,GAin Green
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 05:48:03 PM »
Im tha lil Hommie paybacc talkin bout...   T pain did steal tha style from zapp and rodger, im just saying all these other niggaz using it now are stealing it from T pain because he's made it popular in the last few years.  I barley like t pain, so all im really saying is i dont wana hear anybody else at this time using it because it sounds like they wana be T pain, and really we were talking bout rappers using it, I dont really care if a singer uses it,, but who wants to hear a RAPPER SING????  Im sure there might be a few exceptions, but for the most part Rappers do not need to sing and Some one needs to destroy the autotune software in every studio!!!!   

and we know autotune and the talk box are different but they do tha same shit, and is used for the same sound, just autotune is the new way..
Everyday, 818 or 323 you already know, Big J found on one of tha East Sides Chasing dough$$$$$

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 05:50:54 PM »
The problem is with everything else, use it in moderation. But everyone over does everything to the point everybody is sick of it in 6 months.

Archetype

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 05:52:33 PM »
lol voice coder. fail.

a vocoder is used on all sorts of things. he uses antares autotune . he is def not the first to use it. he just uses it to the max.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 06:10:01 PM by hey it's joey bananas »

Big J/ Gain Green

• Lil Geezy
  • Get Money,GAin Green
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 06:07:36 PM »
The problem is with everything else, use it in moderation. But everyone over does everything to the point everybody is sick of it in 6 months.

Everyday, 818 or 323 you already know, Big J found on one of tha East Sides Chasing dough$$$$$

thebayinthebildin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 07:01:44 PM »
yea i dont really feel that wierd shit and i CANT stand it when lil wayne uses it.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 07:06:41 PM »
I wouldn't really say he "stole" it...as everyone said, it's much different from Roger and Zapp did...and if he "stole it", does that mean West Coast rappers and producer stole it from Roger? Most people don't even realize it...but Roger Troutman is NOT from California! He's from Ohio...so did the West Coast steal our 90's sound from Roger, Ohio Players, and others?

The autotune is gettin played out, and Pain doesn't have anything he can do about it...but truth is, even if he stops singin those autotune hooks, he still raps better than 70% of the South..he came out as a rapper, and he can still spit hard as hell. When people hear him on songs rappin, they are like "damm, that's really him?" Also, he writes and produces...so he does have talent, even though his voice can be seem as a gimmick.

sickboyhpg

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 08:12:03 PM »
YEAH TALKBOX STARTED WITH ZAPP YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK OUT ZAPP AND MR.CAPONE-E ALBUM 2 CLASSIC ALBUMS FROM ZAPP AND MR.CAPONE-E... BUT, THE VOICE CODER FROM WHAT I FOUGHT OUT AND IS TRUE FINGAZZ AND MR.CAPONE-E CAME WITH THE IDEA BACK IN 2003 WHEN HE REALEASE THE ALBUM ALWAYS "N" FOREVER THERE IS A SONG CALLED "STRUGGLE" WHICH YOU CAN YOUTUBE IT...... MR.CAPONE-E AND HI POWER CAME TO FINGAZZ WITH A IDEA TO TRY A VOICE CODER WHICH IS USED ON OTHER TYPES OF MUSIC AND THAT MADE HISTORY FROM WHAT I HEARD BUT YEAH T-PAIN MADE IT BIG!!  ALSO FINGAZZ WAS DOING TALK BOX FOR A WHILE THEY DID A SONG CALLED "CALI IN THE SUMMERTIME" FOR ROSCOE  SO THERE IS SOME PEOPLE THAT DID IT BEFORE T-PAIN SO THE TRUTH IS HE IS NOT THE ORGINATOR BUT HE DID MAKE IT A HIT