Author Topic: SHOULD T-PAIN BE THE ONLY PERSON TO USE THE VOICE CODER...  (Read 733 times)

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: SHOULD T-PAIN BE THE ONLY PERSON TO USE THE VOICE CODER...
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 08:24:26 PM »
stevie wonder was doing the talkbox even b4 roger and roger said he was insoired 2 do it after he saw stevie wonder on sesame street doing the abc's with a talkbox...but of course we know that roger took it and made it his own thang
but never get it twisted what t-pain does is nothing like what roger did

Big J/ Gain Green

• Lil Geezy
  • Get Money,GAin Green
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 09:15:32 PM »

T pain with out his magic tool!lol
Everyday, 818 or 323 you already know, Big J found on one of tha East Sides Chasing dough$$$$$

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 09:23:33 PM »
I wouldn't really say he "stole" it...as everyone said, it's much different from Roger and Zapp did...and if he "stole it", does that mean West Coast rappers and producer stole it from Roger? Most people don't even realize it...but Roger Troutman is NOT from California! He's from Ohio...so did the West Coast steal our 90's sound from Roger, Ohio Players, and others?

The autotune is gettin played out, and Pain doesn't have anything he can do about it...but truth is, even if he stops singin those autotune hooks, he still raps better than 70% of the South..he came out as a rapper, and he can still spit hard as hell. When people hear him on songs rappin, they are like "damm, that's really him?" Also, he writes and produces...so he does have talent, even though his voice can be seem as a gimmick.

nuff said...

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

Archetype

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 09:52:51 PM »
I wouldn't really say he "stole" it...as everyone said, it's much different from Roger and Zapp did...and if he "stole it", does that mean West Coast rappers and producer stole it from Roger? Most people don't even realize it...but Roger Troutman is NOT from California! He's from Ohio...so did the West Coast steal our 90's sound from Roger, Ohio Players, and others?

The autotune is gettin played out, and Pain doesn't have anything he can do about it...but truth is, even if he stops singin those autotune hooks, he still raps better than 70% of the South..he came out as a rapper, and he can still spit hard as hell. When people hear him on songs rappin, they are like "damm, that's really him?" Also, he writes and produces...so he does have talent, even though his voice can be seem as a gimmick.

nuff said...

yep

penenstamp

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 09:54:00 PM »
JUST FINISHED DEBATING WITH THE LIL HOMIE

That must have been an intellectual debate.

Fresco

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 03:00:06 AM »
I think that there is a little confusion, the talkbox (Roger, BattleCat, Dj Quik...) is different from vocoder and also different from autotune (T-Pain).

Autotune doesn't require the same talent that a talkbox does, the result is also less good in my opinion. I think that it's a good thing that people are perpetuating the talkbox, Roger remains a reference forever tho.

ABN

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 03:07:40 AM »
he can have the exclusive rights to that wack shit.

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 04:56:24 AM »

co sign

DPGC23

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 07:58:11 AM »
I WAS AWARE OF FRAMPTON OF USIN THE TALKBOX FEATURE IN THE 70S, BUT IDIDNT KNO STEVIE USED IT , THAS DOPE

AND OF COURS ZAPP N RODGER MADE IT DOPE 4 THE WESTCOAST,
ALSO DONT FORGET NASTY BOY KLICK/NB RYDERS MC MAGIC BEENS USIN IT FROM ABOUT MID 90S OR SO

THE KANYE SONG WITH JEEZY SOUNDS DOPE BUT HIS NEW SONG ????
IDONT LIKEIT

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2008, 08:34:29 AM »
I just watched that Funny-aSS YouTube video..

SMDH @ T-Pain Making a Dedication Song To a Tool He Isn't Even Using!

Now, you can't expect everyone to know about everything, but dedicating
a song to the wrong piece of equipment is like shoutin out "Whaddup USA" while ur in Iraq!

Roger T didn't invent the voicebox aka vocoder.. He only Mastered It.
..then He taught Cats Like QUIK how to do it the CORRECT way.

The Auto-Tune feature was actually made popular after Cher released "Do You Believe"..
Cher, as we know is a pretty crap singer and during one session she kept hitting the wrong notes,
but in the process it started to sound electronic and fresh !!

-She was using the ATR-1 Pitch Correction HARDWARE model though, not the PLUG-IN on ProTools!!
Funny thing is I have an ATR-1 Machine.. Had It Since I Pretty Much Started Rapping..
It was included in my studio equipment setup, yet for years I never even knew what exactly it did!

Now it is a staple on most urban music.. T-Pain made it popular again - but there are others who do it better!

That said, I'd like to see anyone try to stake claim at a particular style or genre.. LoL.. Good Luck!

Once it's Out.. It's OUT!!
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2008, 08:40:02 AM »

Fuck yes.

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2008, 11:52:18 AM »

lol
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

MediumL

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2008, 01:04:33 PM »
no so that he gets Das Efx'd
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2008, 01:06:03 PM »
Id like to see these rappers (Specially Kanye) stop using it for atleast 50 songs.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2008, 02:43:18 PM »
The first time I heard autotune was in E-40's in U and Dat Monkey song. Guess who was rocking with the autotune on that song (drumroll).... T-Pain! I liked the autotune thing he did on that song and I didn't expect autotune to spread like rabies. Today, rappers have no morals with using autotune. Every god damn idiot is using it which disgusts me. In my opinion U.S. government should start rationing the use of autotune. The best practice would be if they started granting licences for using autotune. Two or three autotune songs a year would be optimal. By rationing the use of autotune, people would no more need to use depression medicines and the same time the state would save significant amount of money on health care costs.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>