Author Topic: SHOULD T-PAIN BE THE ONLY PERSON TO USE THE VOICE CODER...  (Read 732 times)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: SHOULD T-PAIN BE THE ONLY PERSON TO USE THE VOICE CODER...
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2008, 04:01:12 PM »
JUST FINISHED DEBATING WITH THE LIL HOMIE

That must have been an intellectual debate.
lol +1

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2008, 04:04:15 PM »
JUST FINISHED DEBATING WITH THE LIL HOMIE THAT IT DOES'NT BELONG TO T-PAIN IT BELONGED TO ROGER AND ZAPP EVEN THOUGH T-PAIN HAS MADE IT POPULAR AGAIN I DONT FEEL THAT HE IS THE OWNER OF THE STYLE CUZ WEST COAST LEGENDS LIKE BATTLECAT AND DJ QUIK HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS,ITS SEEMS TO ME WHEN WEST COAST DOES IT FIRST, THEN ITS PLAYED OUT OR AINT NOBODY FEELING IT BUT WHEN SOMEONE OUTSIDE THE WEST COAST DOES IT THEN ITS THE NEW TREND AND ITS THE GREATEST INVENTION SINCE THE WHEEL,ITS LIKE SOMEONE COMING INTO YOUR HOUSE AND FINDING SOME MONEY AND SAYING ITS THEIRS CUZ THEY FOUND IT WHERE YOU WOULD NEVER HAVE LOOKED...I SEE ALOT OF THESE DUDES STEALING OUR STYLE AND BLOWING UP FROM IT AND THEY NOT PAYING HOMAGE TO WHOM THEY GOT IT FROM!!! SO IM ASKING YOU THE PEOPLE IN THE HIP HOP WORLD DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE... AND LETS NOT TURN THIS INTO A CHILDISH NAME CALLING SESSION,THIS IS FOR SERIOUS DEBATERS ONLY!!!
I like to hear niggas like Battlecat and DJ Quik using the talkbox cause they don't make it sound wack. i can't really fuck wit T Pain though. he's a Millie Vinillie type nigga to me.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2008, 04:53:18 PM »
Nah man fuck t-pain lil fakeass ugly cat in the hat lookin ass muthafucka

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2008, 05:01:39 PM »
YEAH TALKBOX STARTED WITH ZAPP YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK OUT ZAPP AND MR.CAPONE-E ALBUM 2 CLASSIC ALBUMS FROM ZAPP AND MR.CAPONE-E... BUT, THE VOICE CODER FROM WHAT I FOUGHT OUT AND IS TRUE FINGAZZ AND MR.CAPONE-E CAME WITH THE IDEA BACK IN 2003 WHEN HE REALEASE THE ALBUM ALWAYS "N" FOREVER THERE IS A SONG CALLED "STRUGGLE" WHICH YOU CAN YOUTUBE IT...... MR.CAPONE-E AND HI POWER CAME TO FINGAZZ WITH A IDEA TO TRY A VOICE CODER WHICH IS USED ON OTHER TYPES OF MUSIC AND THAT MADE HISTORY FROM WHAT I HEARD BUT YEAH T-PAIN MADE IT BIG!!  ALSO FINGAZZ WAS DOING TALK BOX FOR A WHILE THEY DID A SONG CALLED "CALI IN THE SUMMERTIME" FOR ROSCOE  SO THERE IS SOME PEOPLE THAT DID IT BEFORE T-PAIN SO THE TRUTH IS HE IS NOT THE ORGINATOR BUT HE DID MAKE IT A HIT

Dawg, I know you must be a part of Mr. Capone-E's street team???? or are you his biggest fan???

eitherway, I can assure you that he did NOT invent, create, dream up or consider vocoder (voice coder) originally or even by himself..... he was not the first.....

The vocoder has existed in the form of a stomp box since the 1970's..... someone else said it earlier, don't you people pay attention.....

AND FOR THE LAST FUCKIN TIME, T-PAIN USES AUTO-TUNE, NOT VOCODER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE DID NOT STEAL ANYTHING FROM ROGER AND ZAPP BECAUSE HE IS USING A DIFFERENT FUCKIN' PROCESS!!!!!

AND EVEN STILL, THEY WEREN'T EVEN THE FIRST TO USE IT!!!!!!! GIVE IT UP PEOPLE...... LET THE MAN SHINE AND GO ON ABOUT YOUR DAY!
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2008, 05:18:29 PM »
LET THE MAN SHINE AND GO ON ABOUT YOUR DAY!
word,let the dude make a lame out of himself...and lol @ copone-e

sowoop1984

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2008, 02:20:05 AM »
The problem is with everything else, use it in moderation. But everyone over does everything to the point everybody is sick of it in 6 months.
Yup!

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2008, 11:09:34 AM »
The first time I heard autotune was in E-40's in U and Dat Monkey song. Guess who was rocking with the autotune on that song (drumroll).... T-Pain! I liked the autotune thing he did on that song and I didn't expect autotune to spread like rabies. Today, rappers have no morals with using autotune. Every god damn idiot is using it which disgusts me. In my opinion U.S. government should start rationing the use of autotune. The best practice would be if they started granting licences for using autotune. Two or three autotune songs a year would be optimal. By rationing the use of autotune, people would no more need to use depression medicines and the same time the state would save significant amount of money on health care costs.

I AGREE!! LOL

Flip

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2008, 02:26:37 PM »
I agree T-pain definitely isn't the inventor of the voicecoder. It originates from Roger Troutmen and anybody who believe T-pain is the inventor needs to expand their musical mind.

It seems idiotic to say that T-pain should be the only person to use the voice coder as it would halt improvement in the use and effect of an instrument that, as we have seen from various other artists can be used to give new dimensions to records. I do agree with the consensus that it is over used in todays music industry.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2008, 02:28:23 PM »
fuck t-pain
he killed hip-hop along wit lil wayne!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2008, 04:28:24 PM »
fuck t-pain
he killed hip-hop along wit lil wayne!

True Dat

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2008, 01:21:58 PM »
you people are incredibly... I don't even know what the word is....

first of all T-Pain didn't kill Hip-Hop, if infact, anyone did.... it was people like you..... People who are so desperately tryin to put Hip-Hop in this little box and not let it grow into something new and wonderful..... No not T-Pain... you.... OWN YOUR RESPONSIBLITY!

AND ROGER TROUTMAN DID NOT INVENT THE VOCODER, HE SIMPLY WAS THE FIRST TO MAKE IT A POPULAR VOCAL INSTRUMENT.... JOE WALSH (A ROCK 'N ROLL GUY) USED A VOCODER IN THE FORM OF A STOMP BOX ON STAGE FOR HIS GUITAR.... THE VOCODER WAS ORIGINATED AS AN INSTRUMENT EFFECT, NOT A VOCAL EFFECT..... IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOU'RE SHIT, THEN GET OFF THE FUCKEN TOILET!
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2008, 05:45:57 PM »
T-Pain? Why are we talking about this. Someone should take a knife and behead T-Pain in front of his family and kids. T-Pain sucks, over use of auto-tune sucks, and it's destroying hiphop. It takes NO talent to digitally enhance your voice and repeat the same words over and over. Akon sucks, T-Pain really sucks, Kanye is starting to suck. Fuck this topic, fuck auto-tune, and lets all hope T-Pain dies very soon.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2008, 09:56:03 AM »
T-Pain? Why are we talking about this. Someone should take a knife and behead T-Pain in front of his family and kids. T-Pain sucks, over use of auto-tune sucks, and it's destroying hiphop. It takes NO talent to digitally enhance your voice and repeat the same words over and over. Akon sucks, T-Pain really sucks, Kanye is starting to suck. Fuck this topic, fuck auto-tune, and lets all hope T-Pain dies very soon.

So Tell me King, Is ignorance really bliss? You seem to be the best person to ask!
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com

DazDilly

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2008, 10:12:29 AM »
Someone with the calibur of maybe perhaps a Daz Dillinger could get a pass using it too.

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2008, 10:28:08 AM »
I'd whish T-Pain was the only one to use it, 'cause that shit sounds wack as a moh'fucker. But nah noone got the exclusive rights to it.. if so then the devoloper of the program he uses to make it should have this right, not T-Pain.. and yeah the way Roger uses it is way better then the way wack ass T-Pain uses it. So why not call out T-Pain to be the only one to use it 'cause he seems to be the only man to really like it.. other then that only the bitches love that shit.. so he can have it.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.