Poll

Restless or Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha???

Restless
28 (37.3%)
Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha
47 (62.7%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Restless vs Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha  (Read 687 times)

Mo-D

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Me and Kurupt - Brisbane 2007
Re: Restless vs Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 05:45:38 PM »
Streets simply because of Callin Out Names.....absolute classic.

Also, the lead single off Kurupt's album was 100x better than "X".

both great albums which i still bump regularly though.

DPGC23

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 10:22:48 PM »
STREETZ IS AMUTHA 4 SURE

COME ON NOW

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

Johnny B

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 11:07:11 PM »
Man that is a tough one. I am actually a huge 40 Dayz fan so I don't know if I consider this album X's best. But it is definitely between those 2. Both have a lot of guests. Tha Streetz is one of the best produced albums with almost no Dre involvement. I give a slight edge to Xzibit lyrically but man Tha Streetz had some bangers on it. Draw for now until I can bump both properly again.

I'm a huge 40 Dayz fan myself.
this was the last great Kurupt album and has great replay value.
Restless isn't timeless like Streetz. Streetz still sounds fresh even after 9 years.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 01:24:47 AM »
On another note, I find it interesting Xzibit is on 3 Streetz tracks, but Kurupt doesn't show up once on Restless. I dk where I'm going with that, just thought I'd point it out.
Yeah I know, it's too bad he didn't get a feature. Kurupt would've been perfect on Been A Long Time (imo).
Streets simply because of Callin Out Names.....absolute classic.

Also, the lead single off Kurupt's album was 100x better than "X".

both great albums which i still bump regularly though.
Girls All Pause better than X??? :-\ Hell no!!!

As for people liking 40 Dayz over Restless, thats why I put "are considered by most fans as their best". Plus Restless is alot more similar to Streetz than 40 Dayz. I don't think putting X's 2nd album in the poll would've been a good comparison.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 01:26:36 AM by UKnowWhatItIs »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 02:30:15 AM »
Restless is not considered by most to be the best. Opinions have changed a bit on it but when it first dropped, it was looked at like X was selling out or something. Never saw this as being the case and it is the best-produced of his albums and has some great features but it's not Xzibit's best work as an artist. His previous albums, At The Speed Of Life and 40 Days were much better at showcasing Xzibit at his best. Restless is like his "All Eyez On Me", an album full of amazing songs with big guests and dope production but when compared to some of the earlier work, it just ain't as good. Don't want it to get twisted like I'm saying Restless isn't the shit or Xzibit was wack on it but it's just one of those albums were it would be very hard for it not to come out dope with the team behind it. Speed Of Life is Xzibit's album. The production is good but you listen to Xzibit's flow and energy just coming off that first track and it's just amazing. It makes me miss the time when rappers really had the presence and the fucking production was not all it was. Today, very few rappers are that commanding. Songs are so dependent on a monster beat and a catchy chorus. By the way, that "Let It Rain" song on 40 Days with King T and them is fucking drugs to the ears! Another long lost concept: The posse cut where everybody brings their A-game!

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 02:53:31 AM »
Kurupt by far, the Xzibit has some cool songs but the Kurupt cd plays from start to finsh on repeat
Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 03:09:27 AM »
Kurupt by far, the Xzibit has some cool songs but the Kurupt cd plays from start to finsh on repeat

well, I can bumb both from start to finish, that's why they're both classic material.

For me it's Restless, but Streetz is great too of course.

PLANT

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 03:23:55 AM »
Tha Streetz is a westcoast classic! 8)

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 03:36:29 AM »
Nigga pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Restless is a classic.

westside159

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 03:41:57 AM »
Tha Streetz iz A Mutha = Kurupts best album to date ....   thats why i picced it ....   Restless was cool but it was more commercial ..

Okka

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008, 03:49:35 AM »
Good thread, i really can't choose between these two classics.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008, 07:52:24 AM »
"who ride with us" ..that's a historical song man. and..diss track for dmx..pure classic .
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

the ghost

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2008, 09:18:30 AM »
I call shots round here....FIRE.  Also you could add another album that came out near the same times as these two that would make the question even harder, " the last meal" by snoop. 

Okka

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 07:30:15 AM »
This thread needed a bump. I still can't choose though.

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 09:22:57 AM »
Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha because Crooked killed the step up & the homie tracks... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)