Author Topic: NEW Busta Rhymes interview (about new album,interscope,dre/iovine and more)  (Read 721 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: NEW Busta Rhymes interview (about new album,interscope,dre/iovine and more)
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 02:25:39 AM »
Jimmy is fucking up.

what else is new? ;)

Dre I know there is probably a thread out there already with your thoughts on the Big Bang but what did you think of the album?

most of the Dre stuff was dope  :)
the pop shit was weak though.

i'm not a Busta Rhymes fan, but the Big Bang is probably his best album.
what about you?

MediumL

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 02:31:02 AM »
Jimmy is fucking up.

what else is new? ;)

Dre I know there is probably a thread out there already with your thoughts on the Big Bang but what did you think of the album?

what about you?

I always thought E.L.E. was his best. That had a mainstream hit, WHats it gonna be, that was dope and its a shame the big bang couldnt of had a song like that instead of i love my bitch. Hell if theyd released the song with Eminem im sure that would have done pretty well. There were so many leftovers from that album that should have replaced the 3 crap songs on the album.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 02:38:56 AM »
Jimmy is fucking up.

what else is new? ;)

what about you?

I always thought E.L.E. was his best. That had a mainstream hit, WHats it gonna be, that was dope and its a shame the big bang couldnt of had a song like that instead of i love my bitch. Hell if theyd released the song with Eminem im sure that would have done pretty well. There were so many leftovers from that album that should have replaced the 3 crap songs on the album.
;)

yeah, for example Where's your money should have been on there IMO

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 02:54:21 AM »
Jimmy is fucking up.

what else is new? ;)

what about you?

I play the hell out of that album. The beats were dope and Busta kicked a different flow on it that was nice. Don't get me wrong, the more ra ra Busta is dope too and ELE is probably my fav, but this one had such a diverse sound to it. Great album that could have done some incredible numbers if it was promoted properly.

Matty

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 03:05:11 AM »
'where's your money' was better than most of the tracks on the big bang. a whole cd on that kind of vibe would have been great. it was only used as a street single though.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5305962712681a3f/

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 04:24:37 AM »
Jimmy is fucking up.

what else is new? ;)

what about you?

I play the hell out of that album. The beats were dope and Busta kicked a different flow on it that was nice. Don't get me wrong, the more ra ra Busta is dope too and ELE is probably my fav, but this one had such a diverse sound to it. Great album that could have done some incredible numbers if it was promoted properly.

i see; yeah you're not the only one that liked the different Busta

wcsoldier

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2008, 05:08:50 AM »
Big Bang was dope but still dissapointing when it comes to that Dre/Busta combo especially after the absolute ridiculous tracks they did together on Genesis , the only track really banging track was "Get you Some" imo...

Secondly , the Big Bang was by FAR the mainstream album handled the worst when it comes to marketing FOR YEARS ...

1st ) what's the point of having the song with Missy if it's not a single  ???
2nd ) How the fuck the song with Stevie (among top 5-10 songs of the year) not a single either ? Could have made a great video and a great impact in music in general , especially in a era in which meaningless songs are dominated ....
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 05:12:17 AM by wcsoldier »

Invincible

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 10:48:55 AM »

Secondly , the Big Bang was by FAR the mainstream album handled the worst when it comes to marketing FOR YEARS ...

2nd ) How the fuck the song with Stevie (among top 5-10 songs of the year) not a single either ? Could have made a great video and a great impact in music in general , especially in a era in which meaningless songs are dominated ....

I completely agree with that. Been Through The Storm is the best track on there for me.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 02:47:59 PM »
Big Bang was dope but still dissapointing when it comes to that Dre/Busta combo especially after the absolute ridiculous tracks they did together on Genesis , the only track really banging track was "Get you Some" imo...

I think you're a white koon does that make my opinion right?  The Big Bang was Busta's best album I've heard- couldn't have been any better if you ask me.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 04:52:58 PM »
i respect busta for being always upbeat and positive  8) good article props!

Invincible

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 06:00:23 PM »

I think you're a white koon does that make my opinion right?  The Big Bang was Busta's best album I've heard- couldn't have been any better if you ask me.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Is no-one allowed an opinion with you.

There were a few flaws with this album, The Timbo beat was shit, I Love My Bitch was shit and he did pick the wrong second single.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 08:50:41 PM »
Totally agree with those 2 points ay! Timbo was wack as on the album, and I love my bitch, although catchy, was shit. Singles shoulda been "Touch It", the track with Missy and then "Been Through The Storm"

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2008, 07:52:38 AM »
It just makes me said when I read about the Big Bang project. Busta and Dre wanted Get You Some to be the offficial single but went with Jimmy's choice of I Love My Bitch instead and didn't even want the track on the album  :'(

Jimmy is fucking up.

Man, my thoughts exactly.