Author Topic: Your top 5 movies  (Read 1169 times)

the ghost

Re: Your top 5 movies
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2009, 01:08:29 PM »
1. Apocalypse now - lol how did that one get past all the 2pac fans;)
2. The Big Lebowski
3. Vertigo
4. The good the bad and the ugly
5. The Unforgiven

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2009, 02:29:36 PM »
^lmao, The Big Lebowski is a funny fucking movie. :laugh:

1: The Goonies
2: Braveheart
3: Hook
4: back To The Future
5: Goodfellas

thats a list i didnt expect to see, but those are all great movies to me. ;)

i liked all of the Back To The Future trilogy.

anybody here love the OG Star War trilogy? i thot it was dope. 8)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2009, 03:43:48 PM »
shallow i dont have an answer to the gone with the wind question, but ill rewatch and see if i can muster something up, wray links rumble is dope as fuck btw, probly tied for my fav instrumental track with green onions

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2009, 03:55:07 PM »
anybody here love the OG Star Wars trilogy? I thought it was dope. 8)

:P :laugh:
-Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3/5
-Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones 3.5/5
-Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 4/5
-Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope 5/5
-Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back 5/5
-Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi  4/5

Related thread;
The DubCC Star Wars/Clone Wars thread

How do you put Sith on par with Jedi? The three new films combined add up to about half of one of the old ones. So here it is

Menace - 0.5
Colne Wars - 1.0
Sith - 1.0
Hope - 5
Empire - 5
Jedi - 5

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2009, 04:52:10 PM »
^i think Revenge of the Sith had the potential to be GREAT.

i love the evil twist in Aniken; killing children! lol :o :laugh:

but i think they slowly mad the new movies more and more romantic.

too much love story behind it, imo.

the new ones arent that bad (i enjoy them a lot), but i just enjoy the old ones more & think there better movies (told you guys, older movies were just made better lol). ;)

Chad Vader

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2009, 05:41:36 PM »
^I think Revenge of the Sith had the potential to be GREAT.
I love the evil twist in Anakin; killing children! lol :o :laugh:

it's far from perfect....

but I think they slowly mad the new movies more and more romantic.
too much love story behind it, imo.

They're part of the whole story,so some chapters had to deal about Anakins love affair

the new ones aren't that bad (I enjoy them a lot),
but I just enjoy the old ones more & think there better movies (told you guys, older movies were just made better lol). ;)

old movies > new movies.... no question about that.  ;)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2009, 06:00:18 PM »

Related thread;

How do you put Sith on par with Jedi? The three new films combined add up to about half of one of the old ones. So here it is

Menace - 0.5
Clone Wars - 1.0
Sith - 1.0
Hope - 5
Empire - 5
Jedi - 5

I like Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith,actually more than Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
So a exact rating would be Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 3.9 and Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi 3.7  ;) Fuck those fuckings Ewoks  >:(

Sith single handedly ruined the greatest cosmic villain of all time. All those years in between the originals and the prequels we waited to see who Darth Vader was. What made Anakin Skywalker go from great Jedi to evil Sith. The first film showed him as a stupid little boy. The second as a pouting bitch. And the third revealed that he only turned evil because he was jealous and thought his girl was fucking Obi Wan behind his back. So in one film we realized that Darth Vader was just a fag scared of losing his girl. I really wouldn't mind if in ten years they forget the last three films never happened and start from scratch.

Not to mention that upon watching the original three you realize very early that Lucas did not pre-plan the story or probably even watch the old ones much before writing the new ones.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2009, 09:02:25 PM »

Related thread;

Menace - 0.5
Clone Wars - 1.0
Sith - 1.0
Hope - 5
Empire - 5
Jedi - 5

I like Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith,actually more than Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
So a exact rating would be Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 3.9 and Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi 3.7  ;) Fuck those fuckings Ewoks  >:(

Sith single handedly ruined the greatest cosmic villain of all time.
All those years in between the originals and the prequels we waited to see who Darth Vader was.
What made Anakin Skywalker go from great Jedi to evil Sith.
The first film showed him as a stupid little boy.
The second as a pouting bitch.
And the third revealed that he only turned evil because he was jealous and thought his girl was fucking Obi Wan behind his back.
So in one film we realized that Darth Vader was just a fag scared of losing his girl.
I really wouldn't mind if in ten years they forget the last three films never happened and start from scratch.

Not to mention that upon watching the original three you realize very early that Lucas
did not pre-plan the story or probably even watch the old ones much before writing the new ones.

I see what you're saying....  ;)
I sorta wish Lucas never made them as well,it is what is.... just movies  ;). But yes it fucked up the Star wars legacy.  :-[ :-\

But you're wrong about one thing though,Lucas had a outline for them.
If you have read the prologue in the "A New Hope" book,you would have known this.  ;)
It don't go into details,and it don't touch on Anakins story. But tells Palpatines story and all that political shit.

The one thing that always got me was that in the old films the jedi powers and shit were seen to be a thing of a distant past and not even believed fully by some higher officers with in the Empire. But literally only 17 years had passed since the Jedi were this famous police force. I remember always watching the old films and thinking that the Jedi were gone for decades or maybe even generations, or at least uncertain of what role they played in Anakin's time. And I think they really messed that up with the new films. For starters they should have started the prequels from the timeline of Sith where Anakin is already grown and a Jedi and then explain how he switched, and not only how the Jedi disappeared but really show the magnitude of all the Jedi being gone from the universe. And obviously the early stages of the Empire and the rebellion. The whole thing just ended up being such a mess.

P.S. Ewoks rule.

Chad Vader

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2009, 09:52:34 PM »

Related thread;

Menace - 0.5
Clone Wars - 1.0
Sith - 1.0
Hope - 5
Empire - 5
Jedi - 5

Sith single handedly ruined the greatest cosmic villain of all time.
All those years in between the originals and the prequels we waited to see who Darth Vader was.
What made Anakin Skywalker go from great Jedi to evil Sith.
The first film showed him as a stupid little boy.
The second as a pouting bitch.
And the third revealed that he only turned evil because he was jealous and thought his girl was fucking Obi Wan behind his back.
So in one film we realized that Darth Vader was just a fag scared of losing his girl.
I really wouldn't mind if in ten years they forget the last three films never happened and start from scratch.

Not to mention that upon watching the original three you realize very early that Lucas
did not pre-plan the story or probably even watch the old ones much before writing the new ones.

I see what you're saying....  ;)
I sorta wish Lucas never made them as well,it is what is.... just movies  ;). But yes it fucked up the Star wars legacy.  :-[ :-\

But you're wrong about one thing though,Lucas had a outline for them.
If you have read the prologue in the "A New Hope" book,you would have known this.  ;)
It don't go into details,and it don't touch on Anakins story. But tells Palpatines story and all that political shit.

The one thing that always got me was that in the old films the Jedi powers and shit were seen to
be a thing of a distant past and not even believed fully by some higher officers with in the Empire.
But literally only 17 years had passed since the Jedi were this famous police force.
I remember always watching the old films and thinking that the Jedi were gone for
decades or maybe even generations, or at least uncertain of what role they played in Anakin's time.
And I think they really messed that up with the new films. For starters they should have started
he prequels from the timeline of Sith where Anakin is already grown and a Jedi and then explain how he switched,
nd not only how the Jedi disappeared but really show the magnitude of all the Jedi being gone from the universe.
And obviously the early stages of the Empire and the rebellion. The whole thing just ended up being such a mess.

as I remember it,Ben said Vader hunted down and killed all the Jedi's.
But the way it's told make it seem like it was a decade ago,you're right about that.

P.S. Ewoks rule.

Then you will love this one;  ;)
Star Wars Ewok Gospel (featuring Billy Dee Williams)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xdd0edT-BeE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Xdd0edT-BeE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2009, 12:32:10 AM »
Braveheart
Return of the Jedi
Empire Strikes Back
The Dark Knight
Gladiator

Jaydc555

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2009, 12:36:32 AM »
I didn't care for gladiator much

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2009, 11:05:44 AM »
The song is amazing. God bless those little fuzz buckets.

So here's the bottom line; if Lucas had released the first three episodes starting in 1977 with the stories exactly the same then not only would there never be a second trilogy, but we never would have made it to the Clone Wars. The first film would have been such a bust that the best anyone could have hoped for would have been a small cult following that developed a decade later and maybe a comic book adaptation in the 80s.

Chad Vader

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2009, 11:30:41 AM »
The song is amazing. God bless those little fuzz buckets.

:P

So here's the bottom line; if Lucas had released the first three episodes starting in 1977 with the stories exactly the same then not only would there never be a second trilogy, but we never would have made it to the Clone Wars. The first film would have been such a bust that the best anyone could have hoped for would have been a small cult following that developed a decade later and maybe a comic book adaptation in the 80s.

True... I would probably be one those cult fans though  :P
I´m a sucker for cheesy movies from that period  :P :laugh:
Like;

Logan's Run (1976)

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

Planet of the Apes (1968) and    
Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970)

Krull (1983)

Jaydc555

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2009, 11:43:36 AM »
How about the last star fighter?classic!