Author Topic: The top selling album of 2008  (Read 557 times)

Jaydc555

The top selling album of 2008
« on: January 02, 2009, 02:13:26 AM »
http://www.ballerstatus.com/index.php.          Album sales may be up but when you look at digital single sales they are impressive.that's what has happened to music.its a bunch of people downloading one song and putting it on random on their ipod.people don't appreciate music like they used to.

'EclipZe

Re: The top selling album of 2008
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 05:08:48 AM »
2 many one hit wonders lol, why download the entire album when there are only 2 good songs on it? If it's a quality album with 80%+ heaters on it people will buy it.

Jaydc555

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 01:16:48 PM »
Youu would think that but their was plenty of great album dropped that sold nothing

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 01:52:17 PM »
2 many one hit wonders lol, why download the entire album when there are only 2 good songs on it? If it's a quality album with 80%+ heaters on it people will buy it.

Who was a 1hit wonder last year.  I can only think of Lil' Will (My Dougie) but even cuz is still gettin burn on the radio wit Texas radio (freestyles & exclusives).  So all in all u cant name a 1hit wonder (i think labels were trying to stay away from that last year and most likely this year).  Plz some1 tell who it waz bcuz I cant think of noone at all.  If they had a video on TV at one point (and it was off a week later) then it wasnt a 1hit thing- that means they never jumped off in the first place.  TBH 2008 was a way better year than 2007 when it comes to music (and 2007 wasnt all that bad as most like to exaggerate). 

Jaydc555

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 02:16:38 PM »
Its not one hit wonders but look at rihanna you couldn't turn on the radio or TV without seeing one of her 8 videos.she had 8 huge songs and sold less then 3 mill.even look at lil Wayne he's the number one selling album and still sold less then 3 mill.even the games first album outsold that.and 50 and em had over 10.nobody buys album they just buy singles.the main reason I believe is plain and simple.money.nobody can afford to buy cds these days.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 02:26:31 PM »
Its not one hit wonders but look at rihanna you couldn't turn on the radio or TV without seeing one of her 8 videos.she had 8 huge songs and sold less then 3 mill.even look at lil Wayne he's the number one selling album and still sold less then 3 mill.even the games first album outsold that.and 50 and em had over 10.nobody buys album they just buy singles.the main reason I believe is plain and simple.money.nobody can afford to buy cds these days.

No its just eazier to youtube or download

wardy

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 05:57:10 PM »
Digital singles are a different story. UK singer Leona Lewis topped the list with "Bleeding Love," selling over 3.4 million units  :o :o :o

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 06:38:16 PM »
Rihanna is a no talent ugly bitch who can't sing to save her life. Lil Wayne has the intelligence of a monkey, looks like a monkey, sounds fucking terrible, and makes some of the worst songs of the year. TI sold out, even though he was never good to begin with. 2008 was the worst year for rap music ever.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 06:51:58 PM »
Rihanna is a no talent ugly bitch who can't sing to save her life. Lil Wayne has the intelligence of a monkey, looks like a monkey, sounds fucking terrible, and makes some of the worst songs of the year. TI sold out, even though he was never good to begin with. 2008 was the worst year for rap music ever.

The King is a hater, simple as that.... Fuck your replies homey and everyone else who agrees
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 07:01:55 PM by RadioTube! »

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 07:57:07 PM »

The King is a hater, simple as that.... Fuck your replies homey and everyone else who agrees

Not my fault you like shitty music. You actually like that bullshit TI and Rihanna put out? "Live your Life" is one of the worst songs ever made. Not to mention all the other crap they've both put out. And Lil Wayne? You're the moron if you like that garbage. You're the hater, and people like you are the ones destroying Hip-Hop by supporting this pathetic music put out by this no talent artists.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 02:34:02 AM »

Game first album sold only 2 million in US
50 sold 6 million in US with Get Rich

dont believe what these rappers tell u.... they always bring up worldwide sales but aint no real way of tracking that...

www.riaa.com <--- check the certifications there... U.S. sales only

and "what happened to music and sales?" the MUSIC FUCKIN SUCKS NOW thats what happened... i buy one album a year usually and thats because i only can find one album i like a year that is worth my money.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 02:38:02 AM by West Coast Veteran »

Jaydc555

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 02:43:51 AM »
I found a lot of albums worth buying last year.you just won't hear about those albums from the radio or MTV.illa j,black milk,roots manuva,the knux,q tip,tech n9ne,krizz kaliko,rass kass,the roots,atmosphere and their was tons more.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 02:44:45 AM »
http://www.sixshot.com/news/13537/

list of rap albums from 08 with numbers, Atmosphere did well, and Tech N9ne too

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Jaydc555

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 02:48:54 AM »
People like tech and atmosphere earned their sales by countless touring.they made themselves.problem is most artists don't want to put in the work that these guys do.and hate him or love him lil Wayne put the work in and deserves his sales.I wish more artists had his work ethic

wcsoldier

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 02:53:44 AM »
The 1st 5 best selling rap albums are completely trash , that's not even up to discussion or a question of music preferences imo ...